• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Dagenham & Redbridge 3-0 Southend United

Was he referring to the players or some of the fans? Some of the disgraceful stuff I've read directed at Seaden, and about Stan are what let some of our support down. They've already ruined the career of one promising young keeper at RH (Ted Smith), whatever they think about Seaden, don't let this happen again. The coaching team will be quite aware that he needs time elsewhere, and I would have thought GK cover is a high priority.
It’s more than a priority— it’s essential !
Once in non -league , we were never going to be able to persuade an excellent keeper like Oxley to stay. Apart from his last 2 games,Arnold appeared to be a very competent replacement—BUT
I think most of us had heard that we were only able to sign him because of his record of being injury-prone.Seaden, like Bishop before him is nowhere near ready yet.

Seaden 6 -- Pulled off 3 world class saves, left cruelly exposed, was at fault with the 3rd
Howard 5 -- Playing out of position, in a poor team, so hard to assess, did OK
Hobson 4 -- lacks match sharpness, we all know he prefers not playing the left side of a 3
White 5 -- Organised, cajoled + tackled well , but not 100% sharp yet
Egbri 4 -- 100% effort, but too deep, no attacking force + really is out of his depth, sorry.
Dunne 3 -- Shouted + pointed a lot , but legs not what they were.
Agogo 3 -- Unfit, was treading water when at fault for 2 goals, Poor
Ferguson 5-- Theres a player in there , but he needs shaking!!! Poor shooting over the bar
Bridge 6-- Our only creative starting player , but needs help, cant do it all alone
Dalby 5-- A few glimses of quality, but service was dreadful. Needs to be sharper.
Murphy 5 -- Should be scoring 30 goals at this level but looks too frustrated. No service.

Phillips 6 -- Needs to start, should have come on a lot earlier
Sayer 6-- Excellent potential, why didnt he start? Gives us balance as a Left back in a 4.

Early days so Kev, Darren & Mark know less than we do about our team.

Agogo, Dunne, Ferguson cannot play as a 3 in midfield. Need to play just 1 of them plus Phillips if we are to have any creativity or mobility. Egbri , sorry mate , would luv you to burst down the wing ,attack the left back , ping in crosses like u did at u-18 + u23 level , but although theres loads of effort , your positional play off the ball really needs coaching.
Need to keep our heads when we get a chance- Agogo, Ferguson ( twice) & Murphy all have excellent shooting chances from good positions + all leant back + snatched at the shot way over the bar --- just basics , come on lads.

But im not in the slightest surprised... the 1st thing we need to install in our squad is CONFIDENCE. Start enjoying playing ,not looking like they would rather be somewhere else. i'd give my right arm to roll back the years + put on the Southend shirt + run through brick walls for the team. We need to get our players to look forward to training , have a smile on their faces , gagging to play Saturday/ Tuesday + show some passion , pride + express themselves. They are good enough , just bring it out - Show us!!!!

UTB

Seen the highlights, three awful goals to concede.

The first came from a simple pass that went out of play and we switched off from the throw.

The second was Ling taking advantage of a miscommunication at the back.

I still have no idea how the third went in.

Don't want to single out individuals because it's not helpful, but all three goals were extremely avoidable.

Son of Sponge Sam Ling showed tremendous passion & bravery to smash into Hobson & Seaden to head that goal , and also great strength + athletisism to push away Agogo , lean back + direct a fabulous header high over the advancing Seaden for the 3rd. Kev needs to sit the boys down to watch those 2 moments of magic + ask serious questions why we arent going the extra mile to show the same commitment to every challenge.
Martin Ling , your son is a credit to you. Shame some of our crowd abused him.

Reynolds was the idiot who needs a whack after his shockingly inciteful celebrations after each goal. Who the hell does he think he is ? 2 bob Muppett.

Son of Sponge Sam Ling showed tremendous passion & bravery to smash into Hobson & Seaden to head that goal , and also great strength + athletisism to push away Agogo , lean back + direct a fabulous header high over the advancing Seaden for the 3rd. Kev needs to sit the boys down to watch those 2 moments of magic + ask serious questions why we arent going the extra mile to show the same commitment to every challenge.
Martin Ling , your son is a credit to you. Shame some of our crowd abused him.

Reynolds was the idiot who needs a whack after his shockingly inciteful celebrations after each goal. Who the hell does he think he is ? 2 bob Muppett.
I agree it was admirable play from Ling for both goals, but in reality he had no right to get anywhere near the ball for the second goal, and probably the third too.

I’m calling Saturday’s game 0-0 as Arnold would have stopped all 3 and OBL would have scooped all of them dolly drops up in her hairnet.
What the hell was Seaden doing?….sorry but he is useless, had enough chances now to know he will never make it , meanwhile we are losing points!

Just a couple of things from Saturday;

We walked out of the ground with two Southend coppers (heading towards a potential trouble-spot). One said there were quite a few kids there on Saturday that he'd never seen before, throwing bottles etc. Made me laugh when he added he goes into nice homes of decent families to report what their little Johnny has been up to. Of course little Johnny would never do such a thing, "Well, here's a video of little Johnny, throwing a bottle/flare/punch (delete where applicable)".

Also Sean Wallis of The Chase was in the bar at the ground before the game. It is rumoured that Phil Brown was considering signing Bradley Walsh (ex Brentford) in the summer, but eventually deemed him too young.

It was number 2 Reynolds, really could have made a volatile crowd go over the edge. I am not too far from 60 and made me want to run on and knock his block off. Completely unnecessary game was won. He had not got any stick and was not a last minute winner in a cup final.
2nd time I’ve seen this happen this season (other time was an Aldershot player to the East stand). Maybe I’ve been blind to it but don’t recall seeing this behaviour very often in the football league. Is it because we are a perceived big club now or is something else going on?

Seaden 6 -- Pulled off 3 world class saves, left cruelly exposed, was at fault with the 3rd
Howard 5 -- Playing out of position, in a poor team, so hard to assess, did OK
Hobson 4 -- lacks match sharpness, we all know he prefers not playing the left side of a 3
White 5 -- Organised, cajoled + tackled well , but not 100% sharp yet
Egbri 4 -- 100% effort, but too deep, no attacking force + really is out of his depth, sorry.
Dunne 3 -- Shouted + pointed a lot , but legs not what they were.
Agogo 3 -- Unfit, was treading water when at fault for 2 goals, Poor
Ferguson 5-- Theres a player in there , but he needs shaking!!! Poor shooting over the bar
Bridge 6-- Our only creative starting player , but needs help, cant do it all alone
Dalby 5-- A few glimses of quality, but service was dreadful. Needs to be sharper.
Murphy 5 -- Should be scoring 30 goals at this level but looks too frustrated. No service.

Phillips 6 -- Needs to start, should have come on a lot earlier
Sayer 6-- Excellent potential, why didnt he start? Gives us balance as a Left back in a 4.

Early days so Kev, Darren & Mark know less than we do about our team.

Agogo, Dunne, Ferguson cannot play as a 3 in midfield. Need to play just 1 of them plus Phillips if we are to have any creativity or mobility. Egbri , sorry mate , would luv you to burst down the wing ,attack the left back , ping in crosses like u did at u-18 + u23 level , but although theres loads of effort , your positional play off the ball really needs coaching.
Need to keep our heads when we get a chance- Agogo, Ferguson ( twice) & Murphy all have excellent shooting chances from good positions + all leant back + snatched at the shot way over the bar --- just basics , come on lads.

But im not in the slightest surprised... the 1st thing we need to install in our squad is CONFIDENCE. Start enjoying playing ,not looking like they would rather be somewhere else. i'd give my right arm to roll back the years + put on the Southend shirt + run through brick walls for the team. We need to get our players to look forward to training , have a smile on their faces , gagging to play Saturday/ Tuesday + show some passion , pride + express themselves. They are good enough , just bring it out - Show us!!!!

UTB
Yes, but Egbri was playing as a wing-back, wasn't he? As such his deeper position negates his ability to run at full-backs. I get your comment about needing coaching for that position but he shouldn't be playing in that role in the first place. Someone like Demi should be playing there, although I doubt that's an option these days.

He and Bridge are completely wasted playing in a 3-5-2, unless one of them is picked to play in CM behind the front two, a role that is made for Bridge IMO.

2nd time I’ve seen this happen this season (other time was an Aldershot player to the East stand). Maybe I’ve been blind to it but don’t recall seeing this behaviour very often in the football league. Is it because we are a perceived big club now or is something else going on?
The fact we're a big club having a hard time will definitely be a part of it. Daggers fans really enjoyed that on Saturday and who can blame them after some of the beatings we've dished out to them over the years?

The number 2 (I have no idea who he is) really went for it though and if that had not been a seated stand with stairways taking it above pitch level, he could have incited a lot of problems. I have no idea if we're going to see this a lot more this season but at a time when fan behaviour (from all clubs) seems to be worse than for a good few years, I hope for his sake he doesn't pick the wrong place to do that again, it could turn very ugly.

I hope we remember him for the home game.

Egrbi forward thinking, positive and encouraging. Raw but there's a player in there.
I doubt it.
I've watched him more than 30 times, and although he's all energy, he's not that fast.
It just seems so because his legs are going like bats wings!
And of course he gets muscled off the ball all the time. That's not his fault, but it doesn't produce anything.
The only way he's going to be a pro league footballer is if he gets faster and runs past or around players.

Wound me up on Saturday but having got over myself, it is what it is and I’d love our players to be throwing a bit of s***housery about themselves.

End of the day, we were a noisy army of fans, traveling in numbers, taking over the place and doing our best to intimidate the opposition. Their team shut us up. And their player reminded us of it.

Seems a fair and reasonable response when you see it like that and it’s one of those ones where, if we dish it out, we’ve got to be ready to take it.

Please can our players start doing some things to silence the opposition now?

Wound me up on Saturday but having got over myself, it is what it is and I’d love our players to be throwing a bit of s***housery about themselves.

End of the day, we were a noisy army of fans, traveling in numbers, taking over the place and doing our best to intimidate the opposition. Their team shut us up. And their player reminded us of it.

Seems a fair and reasonable response when you see it like that and it’s one of those ones where, if we dish it out, we’ve got to be ready to take it.

Please can our players start doing some things to silence the opposition now?
100% this.

Yes it annoyed me to the point of shouting and swearing a lot, but in a strange way I would miss it if the authorities clamped down on it.

Once the game is done, all is done - which is how it should be.

I will be dishing out stick in the return fixture though.

Slagging them off!! Then they will hopefully see what we actually think of them and try and prove us all wrong by winning a game of football!!
Speechless
Totally
Speechless

one of the moronic posts I have ever read on here, and there is a lot of competition unfortunately

Back