• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron in court.

Perhaps the question to be asked is will Southend still exist if and when the case is finally resolved in the courts.

Ruddy hell, is global warming really that quick? Just got city status and then it sinks beneath the rising sea levels......the city beneath the sea....

god i didnt know there was so many high court judges on this site .I would not want to face you lot in a court .Your hung before your trial .
The judge wont let personal dislike and animosity pre-judge the man or the outcome. I don't regard SZ as Social Media (if it went that way many of us wouldn't be on here). But Ron does bring out the worst in people.

It does seem to me that it's a month to the Crown Court hearing. At that point there will be pleas - no doubt not guilty pleas. It will then go into our utterly broken and underfunded criminal justice system and over the coming years be heard.

Hence, whilst not disputing its importance to the club in many ways (clearly), at some point the football threads will need to focus on football, and this one will need to go to the and Future and Finances threads where it will be a depository for speculation and other theories no doubt for a very long time indeed (notwithstanding at the appropriate points the laws relating to sub judice and contempt).

Last edited:
If you plead guilty at an early enough stage you can get up to a third off your sentence. As an example, the Soham murderer Ian Huntley would have got 27 years and 8 months rather than the 40 years he is currently serving. You have to give credit for pleading guilty otherwise no-one will ever do so. A third off could reduce a sentence from three years to two or even from a spell in prison to a community service. This issue may be resolved a lot faster than people imagine.

The fact there is no statement yet from the club to assure us the legal issue surrounding RM will in no way affect the running and financing of the club, and the new developement will go ahead as planned, is starting to concern me. I really hope we don't go back to the days of silence rather than give us bad news. Its not like we're not used to it. Just be honest with us surely we all deserve that.

Does anybody think we should be getting some sort of statement from Ron Martin/Representatives, just off the basis that we are indirectly involved with this?

For me it's just created even more uncertainty which we were trying to get rid of ?

The fact there is no statement yet from the club to assure us the legal issue surrounding RM will in no way affect the running and financing of the club, and the new developement will go ahead as planned, is starting to concern me. I really hope we don't go back to the days of silence rather than give us bad news. Its not like we're not used to it. Just be honest with us surely we all deserve that.
Don't be surprised now or over the coming months. The surprise would be our surprise. All parties associated with this will be told by their briefs to say as little as possible I expect. Meanwhile the application will continue to move forward as laid out and the club will continue to get funded as previously. If there is a statement I suspect it will say nothing meaningful and as a result the gaps will continue to be filled with speculation.

I think we as supporters need to put the distracting, albeit entertaining soap operas of Martin and Collymore to one side and, like the new trio of coaches, concentrate on the most important issue, which is to turn this season around somehow or other. They will have had a week to work on things before facing Borehamwood, and who knows, maybe we might get a slice of luck at one end of the pitch or the other and bring home three points. I for one would welcome a period of silence rather than running commentaries which only encourage wild speculation, over expectation or undue pessimism.

I think it could be that the club have been advised not to make any kind of statement at this time. The lawyers involved will not want random statements being made which could harm the case.

I share your concern and frustration about what it means to the football club in the short term, but I think we may have to resign ourselves to just waiting and seeing.

If you had just got planning for say 10 houses on a plot of land and were charged for murder and held in remand. It would make no difference to that decision.

IF you were planning to build the 10 houses, you might have trouble finding a builder or funding right now and might have to sell the land. The good news is it would have just increased in value by around £2m in value. So at least you can pay your legal costs.

So I don't see it makes any difference to the long term plan at FF. Like any developer, Ron could make the highest percentage return right now before ground is broken. I would be more worried if his only asset was RH and it did go to court......He may need that £19m we owe him to pay the unpaid VAT.....If found guilty of course.

For the mythical consortiums (how many have ever worked?) now would be the time to reveal themselves. Better still a real workable businessman who want to put his own stamp on a new stadium.

Either way I guess Ron and his family have some real tough decisions to be made, even if the case is dropped. None of which are any of our business, so don't expect any statements.

Too many ‘experts’ on here and not enough experts. I’ve only seen one post in this entire thread talking about possible implications IF FOUND GUILTY in a court other than this Kangaroo one.

I honestly get the feeling that if RM was in a lake drowning some of the posters on here would stand on him rather than help him. I really despair at some aspects of the world and social media today.

On a more light hearted note there’s still enough material to make a film which is precisely why Daniel Craig has given up the Bond role
Ron “TOXIC” Martin has been the key malignant factor in the near death of our club for a good many years now. Being honest, I can totally understand why anyone would wish they could do him as much harm as he has done to the club that I have supported and loved for over 50 years.

Just stop and think for one moment what he has brought us to !! ????

Little wonder then that so many of us despise him with a real passion. He has proven, time and time again, entirely unfit and unworthy to own us, or to have us in chains of lifelong debt to him and his awful family.

The much bigger surprise is just how many of his supporters and apologists on the zone STILL seem to think there is even one ounce of worthwhile goodness in that disgusting person. ?????????

Utterly Amazing. !!

Ron “TOXIC” Martin has been the key malignant factor in the near death of our club for a good many years now. Being honest, I can totally understand why anyone would wish they could do him as much harm as he has done to the club that I have supported and loved for over 50 years.

Just stop and think for one moment what he has brought us to !! ????

Little wonder then that so many of us despise him with a real passion. He has proven, time and time again, entirely unfit and unworthy to own us, or to have us in chains of lifelong debt to him and his awful family.

The much bigger surprise is just how many of his supporters and apologists on the zone STILL seem to think there is even one ounce of worthwhile goodness in that disgusting person. ?????????

Utterly Amazing. !!
Do you know him? Actually know him? I dont know how anybody can say things like this without really knowing the person.

There is no way the authorities could risk sending Ron to prison. If Ron became the 'Daddy' then prison would go from category A relegated to B, followed by C and then an open prison within 3 years.

Plus what would you put on banners....Ron Martin In, or Out
On banners? ‘You are an habitual criminal who accepts arrest as an occupational hazard….’

Back