• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I wonder if anybody has this amazing SUFC programme in their collection....

I think I have a reproduction one, seem to recall they were given away as a souvenir at a match.

Yeah I have it too, plus a tonne of others from around that time and a bit later.

Are there serious collectors on here? I would be prepared to part with all of them for fair (but under market value) price

I’ve got one courtesy of my grandad, who sold programmes at that match.
Dad was busy picking bits of glass out of the south end of the pitch at half time. Part of the pitch is built on an old rubbish tip.

Baldy mate, I was there and got the programme but it was sold along with my collection many moons ago to pay the tax man! PS the Mightys beat City 4-1. Heady days!
Sorry grainger, it was 3-1. Still impressive though.

I think I have a reproduction one, seem to recall they were given away as a souvenir at a match.
This programme I believe has been included twice in future match programmes since it was originally issued in August 1955 at the first league match against Norwich City at Roots Hall.
I think it was included loosely as a supplement in a programme in December 1999 against maybe Barnet? this was to mark 1000 matches at Roots Hall. (This needs to be confirmed).
Then in August 2005 this programme was also included in the pre-season friendly match programme also against Norwich City to mark 50 years since we played our first match at Roots Hall in August 1955.

Back