• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In dispute with Paddy Power. Put a bet on for my mate last night. He wanted Kane to have a left foot shot on target, Kane to have a right foot shot on target, and Kane to have a header on target. One of their special made up bets. The argument is over the header on target that England got the second penalty from. They have said it's a loser as their stats say no header on target by Kane. They said the bet lost. This morning they sent me this, copy and pasted........
After reviewing bet O/*************, our traders have confirmed that this has been settled correctly as Harry Kane only had 2 right footed and 1 left footed shot. Since Harry Kane did not have a headed shot on target the bet would have to be settled as a loss.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

So much for their stats, as they clearly show Kane having 3 shots on target, Lol, yet he scored 4 goals. Not a typo, as the young lady in live chat last night also said Kane had 3 shots on target. I obviously pointed it out to her that it was impossible, but got nowhere.

In dispute with Paddy Power. Put a bet on for my mate last night. He wanted Kane to have a left foot shot on target, Kane to have a right foot shot on target, and Kane to have a header on target. One of their special made up bets. The argument is over the header on target that England got the second penalty from. They have said it's a loser as their stats say no header on target by Kane. They said the bet lost. This morning they sent me this, copy and pasted........
After reviewing bet O/*************, our traders have confirmed that this has been settled correctly as Harry Kane only had 2 right footed and 1 left footed shot. Since Harry Kane did not have a headed shot on target the bet would have to be settled as a loss.

So much for their stats, as they clearly show Kane having 3 shots on target, Lol, yet he scored 4 goals. Not a typo, as the young lady in live chat last night also said Kane had 3 shots on target. I obviously pointed it out to her that it was impossible, but got nowhere.
Was the header on target, if so surely there can be no dispute about your mate's Bet?.

It doesn't help his cause but they will use Opta to settle and so if Opta say he didn't have a shot on target with his head, then that's what they will use. It is infuriating because the customer service people will be told to just quote the official stats from Opta.

I didn't watch the game but, out of interest, what minute did the header that happen in?

Having a bathroom renovated with tradesmen working one or two hours a day if lucky .... job is taking forever and washing out of a bucket isn't fun anymore, especially with a kitten driving us nuts running up and down the stairs trying to hide under exposed floorboards!!!

It doesn't help his cause but they will use Opta to settle and so if Opta say he didn't have a shot on target with his head, then that's what they will use. It is infuriating because the customer service people will be told to just quote the official stats from Opta.

I didn't watch the game but, out of interest, what minute did the header that happen in?

37: PENALTY TO ENGLAND! More good stuff from Saka, who stands a cross up for Kane to attack.
Kane powers a header goalwards, and the ball strikes D'Addario's hand.
The referee takes a look before pointing to the spot....

So 37th minute. Obviously Opta can't be trusted if they have told Paddy Power that Kane had 3 shots on target, let alone the header decision.

37: PENALTY TO ENGLAND! More good stuff from Saka, who stands a cross up for Kane to attack.
Kane powers a header goalwards, and the ball strikes D'Addario's hand.
The referee takes a look before pointing to the spot....

So 37th minute. Obviously Opta can't be trusted if they have told Paddy Power that Kane had 3 shots on target, let alone the header decision.

If a shot is blocked by a defender then i'm pretty sure it doesn't get counted as on target.

Even if the penalty is given for handball the original shot/header did not make the keeper save it, hence not on target.

That still doesn't excuse the poor counting in total!

Having a bathroom renovated with tradesmen working one or two hours a day if lucky .... job is taking forever and washing out of a bucket isn't fun anymore, especially with a kitten driving us nuts running up and down the stairs trying to hide under exposed floorboards!!!

I feel your pain. We had something similar a few years ago when we had our bathroom renovated.

I also feel your pain regarding the kitten. About 4 weeks ago we acquired two new kittens. Last week I was repairing something in the kitchen and left the sink cupboard open. About half an hour after I finished we could hear mewing from the kitchen. We opened all the cupboards and couldn't see anything, but we could certainly hear it. Then I realised that the sink cupboard has a backboard that doesn't reach all the way to the top, and leaves a gap of about 20cm. It's also about 5cm away from the wall. Turns out the cat was stuck behind there. My son reached his hand down and pulled him out.

If a shot is blocked by a defender then i'm pretty sure it doesn't get counted as on target.

Even if the penalty is given for handball the original shot/header did not make the keeper save it, hence not on target.

That still doesn't excuse the poor counting in total!

Afraid this is correct TSNB. A really unlucky beat but blocked shots do not count as shots on target unless it has beaten the keeper and been cleared off the line.

I once had a big price winner denied because the Press Association gave the wrong scorer, and the dubious goals panel don't bother if the wrong scorer is in the same team (they only look at own goals). Despite my eyes proving it had won, the ball took a deflection that was missed by the PA, the official result was the one taken. This was a Fulham Premier League game too so I saw my robbery on Match of the Day!

Afraid this is correct TSNB. A really unlucky beat but blocked shots do not count as shots on target unless it has beaten the keeper and been cleared off the line.

I once had a big price winner denied because the Press Association gave the wrong scorer, and the dubious goals panel don't bother if the wrong scorer is in the same team (they only look at own goals). Despite my eyes proving it had won, the ball took a deflection that was missed by the PA, the official result was the one taken. This was a Fulham Premier League game too so I saw my robbery on Match of the Day!
I’ve no sympathy if you’re claiming a deflection!

Lloyds credit card. Bought some Euros at Sainsburys using it in October. My schoolboy error to start with as should have been debit card. So no argument with charge for using it. Then got charged trailing interest last month and again this month......robbing b******s!

Lloyds credit card. Bought some Euros at Sainsburys using it in October. My schoolboy error to start with as should have been debit card. So no argument with charge for using it. Then got charged trailing interest last month and again this month......robbing b******s!
Yeah this is crap. You’ll need to get the balance down to zero and I don’t think it’s sufficient to even have a monthly direct debit paying in full each month as they pay it in a weird order IIRC.

Received an initial job offer last week with a rough indication of salary that was 'benchmarked against my peers in the firm'

Contacted with firm offer today - salary 10% lower than indicated but difference loaded onto bonus - I have been around these sort of companies long enough never to take any bonus for granted.

I wasn't expecting the approach and I don't need the job so they can shove it

Road works and diversions on the M25 last night, followed by four lanes merging into 1 lane on the M1. Two and a half hours to get to Luton airport.

Back