• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Showing disrespect

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewart

Striker
After reading Stans comments about being disrespected, I know how difficult it is a for all true blues supporters ,we love our club and want it to be successful. These past 3 seasons have been dreadful for all of us ,loss after loss, when we win its like a feeling of our club just winning the FA cup ,our week is full of happiness, alas they have been few and far between, .We wake of a morning to review and read the threads in the match report full of hope ,but only at present to be let down , we then and im guilty of this also post threads without doing due diligence and thinking it over ,sometimes they can be disrespectful towards the management .I hope that maybe they can understand this and know it wasnt my intent and hopefully the intent of others , if at anytime i have been disrespectful toward management i sincerely apologise to them and god willing any other supporters who have will have the guts to say so and too apologise . , I know that in time and it will take time this team ( kev and co ) will turn around our fortunes and the time will come when once again we will be SOUTHEND UNITED ,NOT JUST ON THE FIELD BUT IN THE STANDS AND ON HERE .

Very god post

This forum isn't as enjoyable as it used to be. I used to love visiting this site. Fans attacking each other and more trolls seem to be joining each week.
Fans thinking we should be beating these "pub teams" every week.
The worst one is the comments attacking Stan. Without him we won't have a fighting chance of existing let alone staying up. He is doing this because of his love for the club and we have to give him time even tho we are are running out of time. He is a good guy and we can't afford to see him leave us.
We need to support our team and not disrespect it. Morale is low because we have played a part in it. We talk about people joining but who would want to join us when we are displaying that behaviour to our players/manager at games?
We play a part in this so let's start treating Stan, our players/management, our fans/each over with a bit more respect.

*By the way I won't reply to your abusive/troll comments.*

Calling someone out for not delivering only a couple of weeks into their new role…I’d call that disrespectful and not a difference of opinion.
Bit more than 'a couple of weeks'. Six games, all except Dover lost. The two loan signings, probably down to Currie, look promising but they will get dragged down to the same level unless those much vaunted 'A Class' contacts start to deliver. If you raise expectations too high it's not surprising disillusionment sets in fairly quickly.

Bit more than 'a couple of weeks'. Six games, all except Dover lost. The two loan signings, probably down to Currie, look promising but they will get dragged down to the same level unless those much vaunted 'A Class' contacts start to deliver. If you raise expectations too high it's not surprising disillusionment sets in fairly quickly.

Stan wasn’t employed by the Club until after the Dover game…

Stan wasn’t employed by the Club until after the Dover game…
Not technically but he was heavily involved in the appointment of the three coaches and must have already formed an assessment of what was required and preparing for his new role. Wouldn't have walked in completely cold, how unprofessional would that be?

I've not seen any disrespect, but I have seen difference of opinions which is what forums are all about, otherwise what's the point of a forum if you are only getting one view.
If you don't think you have been disrespectful God knows what you would have said if you were trying ! You overvalue the importance of your opinions

If you don't think you have been disrespectful God knows what you would have said if you were trying ! You overvalue the importance of your opinions
I value everyone's opinion, it's called free speech. I don't think you see any posts from me shouting anyone down because our opinion differs.

This site is not what it used to be that's for sure.

That is not a dig at those who put in so much time in running and maintaining this site , not all heroes wear capes but

It's becoming less unenjoyable spending time on here partly due to the messages from people just looking to stir things up some more.

I am sure that all true supporters accept that it will take a lot of time to turn this club round. I am sure also that we have all been enthused by the passion displayed by Stan and that we recognise that the new regime is the only game in town. We believe what we are told about the work and the culture changes that are being introduced. But we can’t actually see any of that. We only see what is set out before us on the pitch. We are still losing every game, we are still conceding ridiculous goals, we are still failing to create any meaningful chances, we are still wasting our best chance of scoring goals with this group of players by consistently dreadful set pieces (and that surely is unforgivable).
It is hardly surprising after all we have been through over the last few years that some people are sceptical and we have to acknowledge their genuine scepticism. It is down to all of us to keep the faith, but there has to be some positive sign of improvement very soon and I am sure that Stan realises that as much as everyone else.

I am surprised peoples who run shrimperzone didn’t remove the trolls out of this forums, especially the way they attack Stan & Tom. They could be anyone, maybe an Colchester Utd fans who is laughing at our demise.

If you see something you feel needs to be brought to our attention, then report it, and we’ll deal with it.

This site is not what it used to be that's for sure.

That is not a dig at those who put in so much time in running and maintaining this site , not all heroes wear capes but

It's becoming less unenjoyable spending time on here partly due to the messages from people just looking to stir things up some more.
Very true, I have rarely ever made use of the ignore facility but recently it is proving very useful

The dissenting voices whilst fully entitled to their opinion do seem to come across as particularly antagonistic, and often dont pose any other solution to the problems we are having.

It seems sometimes that some people revel in misfortune which is very strange, and makes this place a bit nasty at the moment sadly.

So is there a majority backing Ron Martin here? If you post an anti Ron sentiment does that make you a troll?

Truth is Ron does not have a high approval rating amongst fans. Stan, on the other hand most certainly does - 90% +++. But that doesn’t mean there are not those who are dubious or would just prefer to reserve judgement.

So if anyone chooses to challenge Stan’s Ideas and decisions here they should be free to do so (providing they refrain from personal comments).

SVC does not need to be surrounded by a human shield. He is MORE than capable of meeting any challenge posted here and has done so many times already to great affect IMO.

I am surprised peoples who run shrimperzone didn’t remove the trolls out of this forums, especially the way they attack Stan & Tom. They could be anyone, maybe an Colchester Utd fans who is laughing at our demise.
I think you’d be surprised quite how many posters are placed on moderated posting/banned on a regular basis. That’s in addition to the usual work of deleting posts from reasonable users who have crossed a line on a one-off occasion.

Drawing a line between having a different point of view and being a troll is tougher than it looks from the sidelines. We can’t ban anyone for having a critical view, but that’s why this forum exists to debate topics. If we did ban everyone with a controversial opinion, it’d be pretty dull.

Trolls, people who insult and offend, etc. are banned or placed on moderated until they behave and that’s why every new post is seen and read by a moderator on the same day it’s posted. If someone has remained on the forum it’s usually for a reason, and that may well have been after a debate between the mods as to what action is or isn’t needed.

It’s great having Stan on here and more communication from the club, but I’m sure they’re not expecting 100% of people to agree with everything they say and that’s not our role. For what it’s worth, I’d say some of Stan’s most insightful stuff has been responding to criticisms and backing up what he’s saying. If people cross the line and insult or are disrespectful, that’s when we act, but not simply for voicing concern/criticism as long as it’s respectful.

And as others have said, most visiting fans are reasonable people looking to have a chat about our club or share experiences from their club. When there has been the odd troll they’ve usually lasted less than 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back