• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think too many people expected we would have a gargantuan turnaround once we fell through the EFL trap door and would bounce straight back. This season has to be about securing our safety in it for next year when Kev and co will have had the chance to actually build their own squad.
I'd have to disagree on that from my own experience OBL - I have honestly yet to meet one person who thought this.

I'd have to disagree on that from my own experience OBL - I have honestly yet to meet one person who thought this.
There's plenty of them out there, you only have to look at some of the comments from people on some of the social media stuff - especially the Echo links! I must admit, I hoped we'd be in and around those in the play off places, certainly not where we are. There is still time to turn it round though.

I think there is still time to turn it around and hope we do, but I think the Play offs are too far away, so I don't see us doing a Barnsley from a few seasons back. I do hope we can get some respect back on the pitch and kick on from there and return to the FL as soon as possible.

Last edited:
I think there is still time to turn it around and hope we do, but I think the Play offs are too far away, so I don't see us doing a Barnsley from a few seasons back. I do hope we can get some respect back on the pitch and kick on from their and return to the FL as soon as possible.
You “think” the play offs are too far away hahaha

He has produced already. His agitating got a CEO, it got Phil Brown out of our club. We’d been without a CEO for years but within a few weeks of Stan taking up the issue Ron suddenly decided it was time to appoint one. Stan may or may not deliver as Football Strategist but he starts with credit in the bank - even before considering his status from purely his playing achievements.

I watched the Grimsby game - they may have been short of many things but effort wasn’t one of them.

He has: Seaden, Howard, Sayers, Egbri and Phillips have all started games under Maher (plus Rush has played as sub) already and Phillips has been the pick of the five but didn’t merit a start after Woking.
Harry Phillips is 24 I hardly call that youth anymore

I think there is still time to turn it around and hope we do, but I think the Play offs are too far away, so I don't see us doing a Barnsley from a few seasons back. I do hope we can get some respect back on the pitch and kick on from their and return to the FL as soon as possible.
For a minute there I was convinced you mentioned play offs.

I’m going to be very disappointed if there are no new players in the squad for tomorrows game.

I can't see it happening to be honest with you. What I witnessed on another thread earlier today, I would have a guess things aren't going as expected.

I can't see it happening to be honest with you. What I witnessed on another thread earlier today, I would have a guess things aren't going as expected.
What was it that you witnessed that has made you think that? Or is it a case of you reading what you want to read into something so that it fits your current stance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back