• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
People posting alternative (cynical) opinions is fine. Once or twice. Everything about a football club is subject to scrutiny and questioning but posting the same point in the same vein (as in this thread) over and over and over again without ever having a view on a viable alternative strategy like a bar room bore is so tiresome. Such a shame and no matter how many pleas there are from moderators/owners people still post in a way they wouldn’t dream of speaking to someone face to face or without the veil of anonymity. What on earth do they get out of making a fun worthwhile forum so unpleasant.

What was it that you witnessed that has made you think that? Or is it a case of you reading what you want to read into something so that it fits your current stance?

I think a lot of people saw what I did, but you're entitled to your view, no harm done.

People posting alternative (cynical) opinions is fine. Once or twice. Everything about a football club is subject to scrutiny and questioning but posting the same point in the same vein (as in this thread) over and over and over again without ever having a view on a viable alternative strategy like a bar room bore is so tiresome. Such a shame and no matter how many pleas there are from moderators/owners people still post in a way they wouldn’t dream of speaking to someone face to face or without the veil of anonymity. What on earth do they get out of making a fun worthwhile forum so unpleasant.
What, I assume you are referring to the abuse Ron Martin has regularly received on here?

So Stan has left the building ( as far as SZ is concerned). Wonder how long he'll continue to be employed by SUFC?
No idea but at least we can crack on now with arguing amongst ourselves, the pot shots at Stan were getting boring. Not to say he can’t be questioned but some posters were clearly on a wind up mission.

Where has this been said?

So Stan can’t handle a bit of push back from fans on here who have been through so much **** in recent years but he is capable of ignoring a few idiots online who regularly pester him about things that happen years ago. The problem is I feel he has over promised us all. Saying he has an a class team ready to go with a list of players yet 2/3 weeks after he officially joined we have only had 2 players join (most likely from the Currie connection) and we are in desperate need of more and still don’t look great. Yeah things can take time but when you say there is a list ready to go why is it taking so long when our problems are so easy to see!

So Stan can’t handle a bit of push back from fans on here who have been through so much **** in recent years but he is capable of ignoring a few idiots online who regularly pester him about things that happen years ago. The problem is I feel he has over promised us all. Saying he has an a class team ready to go with a list of players yet 2/3 weeks after he officially joined we have only had 2 players join (most likely from the Currie connection) and we are in desperate need of more and still don’t look great. Yeah things can take time but when you say there is a list ready to go why is it taking so long when our problems are so easy to see!
I'm glad he's decided to refrain from posting on here. He should be too busy trying to turn us around rather than arguing with idiots like me on here ?

I'm glad he's decided to refrain from posting on here. He should be too busy trying to turn us around rather than arguing with idiots like me on here ?
I actually agree with this, I know he is proud and happy to stand up for himself but replying to “idiots” is a waste of his time. It soured SZ earlier in the year and I feared it would do again.

So why does there even have to be “push back” on Stan? Are we frightened he might leave us so we’re going to be mean to him first, just to prove that he can’t hurt us. Why don’t we just wait and see what happens while hoping for a good outcome. Maybe that would be reasonable? People don’t have to have a controversial “opinion” on everything do they? It does my head in how people are so desperate to take a contrarian position just so they can say they are not following the “brainwashed” herd. It is taken to ridiculous ends. Take for instance Steve Tilson. Absolute Southend legend. In a rational world there wouldn’t even be any discussion about it. But oh no there are plenty of people on here with “opinions” who will tell you that no, he wasn’t actually a good manager, he didn’t have contacts, it was all down to Brush, Freddy etc. What we thought was success with a good manager was actually an illusion. There’s no point in believing in anything good or positive according to some. As a fan base we’ve turned into the bitter old guy in the pub who hates all women because some girl broke up with him when he was 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back