• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Stan can’t handle a bit of push back from fans on here who have been through so much **** in recent years but he is capable of ignoring a few idiots online who regularly pester him about things that happen years ago. The problem is I feel he has over promised us all. Saying he has an a class team ready to go with a list of players yet 2/3 weeks after he officially joined we have only had 2 players join (most likely from the Currie connection) and we are in desperate need of more and still don’t look great. Yeah things can take time but when you say there is a list ready to go why is it taking so long when our problems are so easy to see!
But he never said he had a list of players ready to go. He said a list of contacts ready to go. That does not mean:

1. that those contacts will have any players that we want in the positions that we want to strengthen;
  2. that even if they do, our recruitment/coaching team feel they would be the right additions;
  3. that even if they do, the players themselves want to come here;
  4. that even if they do, that the club will want to let the player we'd like go before January
I could go on.

But he never said he had a list of players ready to go. He said a list of contacts ready to go. That does not mean:

1. that those contacts will have any players that we want in the positions that we want to strengthen;
  2. that even if they do, our recruitment/coaching team feel they would be the right additions;
  3. that even if they do, the players themselves want to come here;
  4. that even if they do, that the club will want to let the player we'd like go before January
I could go on.
Look it’s clear some people on here are so far up Stans backside that they will defend him to the moon and back but what has he actually achieved so far in his role? Judge him on what he achieves not on what he says!

Look it’s clear some people on here are so far up Stans backside that they will defend him to the moon and back but what has he actually achieved so far in his role? Judge him on what he achieves not on what he says!
He's only been in the role for a couple of weeks Dan. What he has achieved before his apointment you know, of course.

HE'S BEEN IN THE ROLE FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND IT WILL TAKE TIME.

Honestly, I feel like banging my head against a brick wall sometimes. I love this bloody forum, and I am all for debate and informed opinion, but some of the nonsensical, toxic garbage that that gets posted on here does my swede in.

Knowing that Stan Collymore is working his arse off, recognising that his work won't bear fruit at the click of a finger, but trusting that it has a chance of doing so eventually, is not being "so far up Stans backside that they will defend him to the moon and back". It's living in the real world. Slightly childish response after I've corrected your inaccurate comprehension of what SC actually said.

Last edited:
It’s possible to not be “up Stan’s backside” but also to recognise he’s only been in the job 5 minutes. Judge him yes - but all people are saying is .. maybe not after such a short time. Maybe he should bugger off and leave us the way we were before, as that was working wonders wasn’t it.

Stan was part of the new management recruitment which so far has a win % of 16% which is terrible for someone who supposedly blew them out the water with his vision and this is with lopaka and brunt who are by far 2 huge improvements on what previous managers had. We still have no change in the recruitment side of things and out of the 100+ clubs Stan has had talks with you would have thought he could have got at least one player in from them on loan by now. He is very good at putting a point across and letting fans hear what they want to hear but realistically all I have seen is him at games from even lower down the pyramid and talking politics, speaking to villa fans and telling everyone that he was invited to the forest game on Twitter in recent weeks. We need him to be fully focusing on us over the next few weeks not arguing with fans on Twitter over Steven Gerrard or even coming on here giving it to fans who challenge him rightly on what he is doing. As I said in the previous message judge him on what he does and not just his words and although it has only been a few weeks we can see no change and the football is still no better than it has been over the last few seasons.

The football side of it is Kev and co s business and he has stated he will not rush into signing players ,and when he dose sign players he wants to be perfectly sure they are the right players , now Stan could have given Kev a list of available players ,Stan himself dosent sign them ,but just maybe KEV AND CO think they not right for how they want the club to play ,think about it. or for the positions they want filled. It is not Stans job to sign the players or even give certain players the okay ,he can thrust their names forward to Kev and Co ,the final decisions are then made by them and the CEO. It is Not Stans job to sign them as some of you toxic posters seem to think .

Stan was part of the new management recruitment which so far has a win % of 16% which is terrible for someone who supposedly blew them out the water with his vision and this is with lopaka and brunt who are by far 2 huge improvements on what previous managers had.
This isn't football manager where you can just tell the squad to try harder and they'll start winning, Maher and his team inherited an awful squad and it's going to take time for them to sort it out.

Sorry I am just in utter disbelief at some of the recent comments on this thread.

Whilst I agree that given he has an official club capacity he is better off not posting on these boards the blind faith in what he is going to bring to the club is disturbing.

He came on board with comments about what he has to offer the club, not just a one off, many comments. Two weeks, one win and two loaned players later (for which it seems he had no involvement but I could be wrong) and he ****s off at the first signs off dissent. I spend all day every day at work being judged by my comments and actions.

I’ve spent years as a fan with highs and lows, with Dick Bates and Anton Johnsons as well as David Webbs and Steve Tilsons The club are ONE PLACE ABOVE IGNOMINY and I’m expected to trust in Stan because it will all come good?

Well I for one am not prepared just to sit back and continue to watch **** hit fan.

In all honesty life after a playing career for Stan has pretty much all been football punditry. I’m sure there’s more than that but nothing that hits the interweb.

I won’t be popular for saying this but his recent petulance isn’t a bolt out of the blue. Whether it is off the field or on the field he has a track record. Fell out with Forest. Fell out with Liverpool. Fell out with Villa. Does he love SUFC because it’s the only club he hasn’t fallen out with? Yet.

A massive ego and an impressive playing career there’s no doubt about that but egos mean nothing for a club that I’ve shed tears over and seemingly will continue to do.

Sorry I am just in utter disbelief at some of the recent comments on this thread.

Whilst I agree that given he has an official club capacity he is better off not posting on these boards the blind faith in what he is going to bring to the club is disturbing.

He came on board with comments about what he has to offer the club, not just a one off, many comments. Two weeks, one win and two loaned players later (for which it seems he had no involvement but I could be wrong) and he ****s off at the first signs off dissent. I spend all day every day at work being judged by my comments and actions.

I’ve spent years as a fan with highs and lows, with Dick Bates and Anton Johnsons as well as David Webbs and Steve Tilsons The club are ONE PLACE ABOVE IGNOMINY and I’m expected to trust in Stan because it will all come good?

Well I for one am not prepared just to sit back and continue to watch **** hit fan.

In all honesty life after a playing career for Stan has pretty much all been football punditry. I’m sure there’s more than that but nothing that hits the interweb.

I won’t be popular for saying this but his recent petulance isn’t a bolt out of the blue. Whether it is off the field or on the field he has a track record. Fell out with Forest. Fell out with Liverpool. Fell out with Villa. Does he love SUFC because it’s the only club he hasn’t fallen out with? Yet.

A massive ego and an impressive playing career there’s no doubt about that but egos mean nothing for a club that I’ve shed tears over and seemingly will continue to do.
Next time I see idiots sprouting off trash and wind us up, I report to admins of Shrimperzone!

Next time I see idiots sprouting off trash and wind us up, I report to admins of Shrimperzone!
I don't think you can go reporting every post that you don't agree with as 'sprouting' trash and I don't think posters with opinions that differ from yours should be labelled 'idiots'.

@* ORM * has been a member of this parish since 2003, so isn't a johnny-come-lately on a wind up.

For the record, I don't agree with his post.

I don't think you can go reporting every post that you don't agree with as 'sprouting' trash and I don't think posters with opinions that differ from yours should be labelled 'idiots'.

@* ORM * has been a member of this parish since 2003, so isn't a johnny-come-lately on a wind up.

For the record, I don't agree with his post. But I disagree with yours more so.

I think some fans need to remember why sufc are now in the situation we find ourselves today.....
1, poor recruitment
2, winding up orders, which have resulted in court appearances on several occasions.
3, poor managerial appointments.
4, no proper structure in place at the club.
5, bad reputation which leads to only attracting players to the club that no other club wants.

Stan hasn't promised hoist of new players arriving. He promised contacts and building relationships with clubs which could potentially lead to better recruitment and better future for the club going forward. We are 4th from bottom of the national league! Players are hardly going to jump at the opportunity to sign for us. Potential loan players who we may be interested in, most probably be advised to go elsewhere for there development. Unfortunately there isn't a magic wand and change will just happen.... we as fanbase might have to wait little longer for changes to happen. I feel the criticism Stan has been getting is harsh. Guy needs time to turn this joke of a club around. If you want to blame someone then blame Ron!

Shall I put you down as a maybe?

Not sure that it’s blind faith, I think Southend fans are just desperate for any boat to cling to in the storm and Stan’s boat seems like a sturdy one.

Actions speak louder than words it’s true, but let’s give him a bit longer to deliver is all (most) are saying. He knows his football at least and I don’t doubt he has contacts. More than Ron for sure.

If he doesn’t deliver by the end of the season then ok, shoot him down. This season is about stopping the rot and staying up .. and yup I’m aware that’s been said for 3 seasons now .. we need not just to stay up but get winning and get the whole mentality of the club turned round. Huge job.

I think this is the point I was making. Those with the general popular opinion, which over the last few years has more often than not been proved wrong, are the first to start name calling and generally being abusive against those that express a differing opinion. Not all non popular opinions are from trolls, granted some are and they are easy to spot.

I am pretty sure most of us are grown adults, about time we acted with respect and acted like grown adults.

So Stan can’t handle a bit of push back from fans on here who have been through so much **** in recent years but he is capable of ignoring a few idiots online who regularly pester him about things that happen years ago. The problem is I feel he has over promised us all. Saying he has an a class team ready to go with a list of players yet 2/3 weeks after he officially joined we have only had 2 players join (most likely from the Currie connection) and we are in desperate need of more and still don’t look great. Yeah things can take time but when you say there is a list ready to go why is it taking so long when our problems are so easy to see!

Push back is one thing, but complete speculation when people simply have no idea and jump to negative conclusions must be a pain in the arse to deal with.

If you were saying this after 3-6 months, then you would have a point. The fact that you're saying it after 3 weeks is laughable. You're an intelligent fella and you should know better than to write it off so quickly and to accuse people of displaying "blind faith", when what they are actually displaying is a bit of trust alongside an acknowledgement that things aren't going to start changing and turning around in unrealistic timescales. I don't understand why so many seemingly bright people on here are mistaking "let's give it time to work before we judge" for a blind "it will all come good". There seems to be a remarkable amount of words and meanings being twisted to suit agendas on here at the moment.

I'm also unsure what other action people think will suddenly stop "the **** hitting the fan" at the moment. The damage has already been done and we might have to suffer a bit more in order to make the long term changes that are needed.

Push back is one thing, but complete speculation when people simply have no idea and jump to negative conclusions must be a pain in the arse to deal with.
I also like to think the main reason he will not come here again is the fact that he has a job to do ,is now employed by the club and has been asked to keep it all in house for the time being .Just maybe people will then get off his back and allow him to do his job .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back