• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Regarding Stan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
This is a post I put up yesterday regarding Stan, but it seems a lot of members missed it as it was hidden away in a thread, I think it is time we moved on from all the speculation and she said he said comments in a lot of threads and move on.

There have been debates upon debates on here about Stan which have mostly been received by the majority of members as good news and very informative for us all. There has also been the other side of the coin where we have seen quite a few with differing opinions. We as The Zone are here for that very reason so members can join in debates and air their views opposing or not within our rules.

What has happened though is that we have never had so many members having to be put on moderated posts and for the Mods to vet all of them which is not fair on them. This has created a storm we never wanted. We were in danger of becoming "StanZone"

Whilst I appreciate Stan coming on here and giving us information it causes far to much friction and I feel he is best to stick to the zoom calls and club announcements.

We are an INDEPENDANT SUFC fans forum with no ties to the club, this is how we want it and as Stan is now an employee of SUFC it is in all our best interests to inform us only as a Club Representative.

Stan has asked us to close his account and we have done so.

UTB and lets hope we can get back to winning ways tomorrow night.

I did miss this so thankyou for the separate thread in clarification.Stan was trying to be helpful Informing the fan base but regrettably it's got out of hand and now he is a SUFC employee it's best it comes through official channels.Hopefully the full and frank information still continues.

Absolutely no reason for communication to reduce. Just via a different route.

However the communication is delivered it won’t change forum posts and the variety of different opinions offered.

So in truth, providing the club continues to communicate and in a way the club (not Stan) believes is more appropriate then this decision (a very sensible one in my opinion) is fine.

I missed it too, I think it's a shame. He galvanised support and there was a huge positivity around most of his postings.

I do wish the Club would make use of their official log in, which Ken told me was on here, but no-one seemed to know the log in for it! At least then we could get official comment and statement, which Stan himself might be able to use.

Hmmm...mixed views.
Understand John's argument, but was enjoying the up-to-date communication from a legend, and one of our own.
It seems a shame some of us have necessitated this action.
To be honest I reckon it was a club decision. The right one too. official communication needs to come via the proper channels.

Doubt forum posts had any affect at all

Like those above i missed it also. Such a shame in many ways as for us fans it was just nice to be kept up to date and in the loop. The fact that some used it as a tool to beat Stan with and question every sentence/statement he made is a sad reflection on some of the Zoners. However, as an employee of the club it is probably the right thing to do and hope that we hear from Stan/Tom on a regular basis with news about the club, players etc

No doubt the right decision and 100% believe this was the club telling him to do this rather than Stans own decision as he could easily have accidentally put something that could have become a legal issue etc. I like the fact that we got regular updates however I do feel sometimes what was said was what we wanted to hear and also no other club as far as I am aware we’re doing anything like this. Thanks Stan for the updates but the monthly zooms will be more than enough and also this gives the club an element of control to ensure no one is stepping out of line at any point and can correct anything that is incorrect.

A wise move IMO.

I was a bit concerned that he felt the need to respond to every post that had even the slightest negative slant towards him. I'm not questioning his right to respond, I just feel it is too much negative energy.

Just so people are aware, this is STAN’S decision, not the Clubs…The Club were happy for him to post, and Stan is intelligent enough to not post something that gets him/The Club in trouble.

Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed Stan’s updates, and his posts were a highlight on this forum. It’s a massive shame he won’t be posting on here, but I completely understand why.

Just so people are aware, this is STAN’S decision, not the Clubs…The Club were happy for him to post, and Stan is intelligent enough to not post something that gets him/The Club in trouble.

Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed Stan’s updates, and his posts were a highlight on this forum. It’s a massive shame he won’t be posting on here, but I completely understand why.
If you completely understand why, I would be grateful if you could explain it to me? The vast majority of responses to Stan's posts were supportive and expressed gratitude. Some asked questions and what's wrong with asking for clarity? I accept some were just critical for the sake of it but they were such a minority. Where is the problem?

If it's not a club decision then I fail to underSTANd how anyone can post on here and expect 100% support. If we want a forum that is informative and interesting then we cannot all become compliant robots. I believe there is an ignore feature, I've never used it personally, so surely that could have sufficed?

A wise move from Stan. Concentrate on the task at hand, let the improvements and results talk for themselves. Engage with the fans at a face to face level in monthly / bi-monthly fan involvement sessions.

Isn't this the 2nd account that Stan has had closed. When is the third coming going to occur. Sweepstake anyone?

If you completely understand why, I would be grateful if you could explain it to me? The vast majority of responses to Stan's posts were supportive and expressed gratitude. Some asked questions and what's wrong with asking for clarity? I accept some were just critical for the sake of it but they were such a minority. Where is the problem?

If it's not a club decision then I fail to underSTANd how anyone can post on here and expect 100% support. If we want a forum that is informative and interesting then we cannot all become compliant robots. I believe there is an ignore feature, I've never used it personally, so surely that could have sufficed?

Stan has outlined why he is no longer posting, and it’s his right to do so. I’m certainly not a spokesperson for Stan.

Nobody who posts on here gets 100% support. If anyone would have, I would have thought it would have been Stan. But every single person that posts on this site, not everyone will agree with what they post.

Im pleased Stan no longer posts the clubs inner activities on here. I respect Stans enthusiasm and desire in what he does and his quest for transparency, but my personal view is that the clubs inner dealings should be kept within the club and that the only information outlet should be the clubs official information releases via agreed channels, and not by an individual ad-hoc on a discussion forum. It didnt feel a good way to carry on a business throwing out the inner workings to the general public and discussing them. So whether its Stans decision or he's been reigned in, I think its a good thing. Hopefully, more positively, it will also enable Stan to do what he does best without distraction or any perceived abuse.

Im pleased Stan no longer posts the clubs inner activities on here. I respect Stans enthusiasm and desire in what he does and his quest for transparency, but my personal view is that the clubs inner dealings should be kept within the club and that the only information outlet should be the clubs official information releases via agreed channels, and not by an individual ad-hoc on a discussion forum. It didnt feel a good way to carry on a business throwing out the inner workings to the general public and discussing them. So whether its Stans decision or he's been reigned in, I think its a good thing. Hopefully, more positively, it will also enable Stan to do what he does best without distraction or any perceived abuse.
Not sure about all of this.

There was a time in a far distant land not so long ago, when any SUFC, that's ANY kind of transparency was null and void.

Of course, we don't want other clubs to know who we're signing afore their signature is on a contract, whether temporary or permanent.

But we all deserve to know the so-called 'inner workings'. Why not?

I don't mean salaries etc, but club policy; reactions to concerns over tickets, match days at Roots Hall, and what is being done about it? Up to date stuff on ground development (sigh), and other things that have given us hope off the pitch since Mr C's return.

Having dealt with 'club information releases' a large part of my working life, they're often not worth the paper they're mostly not printed on these days.

Too much gloss; not enough substance is my experience.

Stan has outlined why he is no longer posting, and it’s his right to do so. I’m certainly not a spokesperson for Stan.

NOBODY WHO POSTS ON HERE GETS 100% SUPPORT. If anyone would have, I would have thought it would have been Stan. But every single person that posts on this site, not everyone will agree with what they post.

I'm afraid I don't support you on this one. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back