• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Maidenhead United, Tuesday 23rd November, 19:45ko, NL - POSTPONED

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 60 77.9%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • John White

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Kacper Łopata

Votes: 61 79.2%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 58 75.3%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 47 61.0%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • Charlie Sayers

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Abu Ogogo

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • Will Atkinson

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 54 70.1%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Matt Dennis

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Zak Brunt

Votes: 61 79.2%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 57 74.0%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 44 57.1%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Josh Coulson

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Harry Seaden

• Win

Votes: 37 48.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Lose

Votes: 13 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Stan's fault!
Not his fault, but it could play into his plan. Certainly more time to get some of those mooted players across the line (or more time for his detractors to turn apoplectic with rage if we don't).

Right now, I'll take all the time we can get to improve our squad - whether that's new players or just more coaching.

Yep, with no incomings yet, this really is a 'good' outcome I'd say.

Gives Kev and Co more time with players, John Still time to assess whats going on, Stan more time to speak to more clubs.

Take this as a blessing and a break from more potential negativity with a home defeat.

Seems a rediculous decision but it actually works well for me. I'm sunny myself in lanzarote and would have missed the game. Don't have to now

Think yourselves lucky this isn’t HK. 1 positive case and the entire squad and close contacts would be carted off to government quarantine (worse than a prison, fact) for 21 days. I only wish I was joking but I’m deadly serious.

I have to do 21 day hotel quarantine when I return to HK in January, unless the UK gets banned again, in which case I would need to do 21 nights in Dubai before flying back to HK. That in itself isn’t bad. Last Jan I worked for 3 weeks by the rooftop pool. But HK keeps banning airlines for 2 weeks if they have bad paperwork or too many consecutive cases upon arrival (too many is no more than a couple on any 1 flight). Emirates currently has a 2 week ban so if I was in Dubai I’d have to transit via Doha upon return. Designated quarantine hotels take full payment up front with very difficult refund policies and next to no availability for rebooking at short notice.

I don’t know why I waffled off topic but the game off could be a blessing in disguise.

Covid my arse. Its because tonight is the final of the Great British Bake Off and everyone will be in to watch that

Very true. I was facing watching the Bake Off final whilst at the same time having an earphone from my mobile bringing me the commentary. Could have got very confusing. Now I can focus on the baking. Come On You Chigs!

Very true. I was facing watching the Bake Off final whilst at the same time having an earphone from my mobile bringing me the commentary. Could have got very confusing. Now I can focus on the baking. Come On You Chigs!
It could be Chigs ........... but I don't think he is the favourite. Having said that it's just down to who does well "on the night" of course.

Shame about the game as well.

Ah we have a grammarian on SZ. Yes the game's been postponed (until 7th December)
Not grammar actually—just a totally misleading word (verb !).Still there’ll probably be some who’ll claim the match has been “abandoned “.

Since when have verbs not been part of grammar. :Winking:
They are indeed,but he did not make a grammatical mistake.His mistake was choosing an incorrect verb,not saying what he probably wanted to: that’s misuse of vocabulary.
I think fixtures nowadays only get cancelled if a team folds/drops out of their league,though I seem to recall there has been at least one occasion when a left-over, irrelevant match was permitted to be cancelled after the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back