• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron in court.

Surely the Chairman's recent appearance in court and our spate of high profile, recent management signigs are not unrelated?

Clearly this is not a good news story-unlike the John Still one- (at least for the Chairman and GK) but it is important (IMO).
Today’s hearing was a procedural one. The only new piece of information we got was that it’s not going to be heard until January 2023 and even that was predictable.

Today’s hearing was a procedural one. The only new piece of information we got was that it’s not going to be heard until January 2023 and even that was predictable.
I notice that you've chosen to ignore my first sentence:-"Surely the Chairman's recent appearance in court and our spate of high profile, recent management signigs are not unrelated?"

I wonder why that is?

I notice that you've chosen to ignore my first sentence:-"Surely the Chairman's recent appearance in court and our spate of high profile, recent management signigs are not unrelated?"

I wonder why that is?
To be honest I expect that level of coordination is probably beyond SUFC.

A more likely explanation is that these things take time - as it did with Stan’s appointment.

I wonder why that is?
I would guess it had more to do with the fact that because of poor results and the threat of a 3rd relegation, he sacked the last management team and they needed replacing.....Its quite common at every level of football all around the world

To be honest I expect that level of coordination is probably beyond SUFC.

A more likely explanation is that these things take time - as it did with Stan’s appointment.
Stan's "appointment" hasn't taken that long to unravel (at least as regards the communication aspect of it on SZ) Similarlarly, I suspect you might be underestimating the Machiavellian like propensities of the Chairman.

Last edited:
I would guess it had more to do with the fact that because of poor results and the threat of a 3rd relegation, he sacked the last management team and they needed replacing.....Its quite common at every level of football all around the world
Yes but normally new managent teams are also provided with funds to bring new players in.

Stan's "appointment" hasn't taken that long to unravel (at least as regards the communication aspect of it on SZ) Similarlarly, I suspect you might be underestimating the Machiavellian like propensities of the Chairman.

What on earth are you talking about? There was never a 'communication aspect' relating to the Zone and the role he now has with SUFC. He chose to post an update on here every now and then to keep us in the loop as to goings on/changes for the better at the club but a few posters on here couldn't help themselves and somehow made it into a bad thing/had a pop at him. Rather pathetic really.

What on earth are you talking about? There was never a 'communication aspect' relating to the Zone and the role he now has with SUFC. He chose to post an update on here every now and then to keep us in the loop as to goings on/changes for the better at the club but a few posters on here couldn't help themselves and somehow made it into a bad thing/had a pop at him. Rather pathetic really.

But after 17 years on SZ he's decided to remove himself as a member.That's what I call "pathetic" but not suprising really,considering how sensitive to criticism (some of it fully justified) he clearly is.

That's correct .But I do know that his track record -on here and elsewhere- demonstrates he's incredibly (over) -senstive to criticism.

Dunno about you but I'd sooner talk about the Chairman (on this particular thread) rather than Stan.
You’ve made your point. Back on topic of Ron and court now please

So, do we know yet if Ron's alledged dodgy tax dealings will have any effect on the Stadium / housing developement? If so does this mean once again nothing will happen until after his court case in 2023 (or never if he's found guilty), or are the two things completely seperate in which case, when can we expect to see diggers on-site?

So, do we know yet if Ron's alledged dodgy tax dealings will have any effect on the Stadium / housing developement? If so does this mean once again nothing will happen until after his court case in 2023 (or never if he's found guilty), or are the two things completely seperate in which case, when can we expect to see diggers on-site?

The only change I have seen on the plans is the main stand is now called the VAT stand

The case will be heard in 2023 and an appeal will follow should he be convicted. This means matters might not be resolved until 2026. What if a retrial was to be ordered?
Poor bluesfansince 1952 is now in his 76th year.....can this sorted out in his lifetime?
More importantly how much strain will this place on the sometimes erratic finances of SUFC?
This still has the potential to be a big threat to the Club unless the green light for the Fossetts Farm development has completely secured RM's financial situation.
I do not know much and I am making guesses on the basis of incomplete information. Can anyone in the know (or near know) shed any light?

He's innocent until proven guilty so one would hope it has minimal impact.

I'd also hope he has a contingency plan if it did have an impact - for example control of the companies could pass to his son - or A N Other

He's innocent until proven guilty so one would hope it has minimal impact.

I'd also hope he has a contingency plan if it did have an impact - for example control of the companies could pass to his son - or A N Other
Didn't he say in the Zoom call that his son has no interest in taking over the reins ?

Didn't he say in the Zoom call that his son has no interest in taking over the reins ?
I should've been clearer - I didn't mean the football club, but the property companies. They're the ones that will be borrowing for the construction. The club is just the tenant so the ownership of that shouldn't be too controversial.

I should've been clearer - I didn't mean the football club, but the property companies. They're the ones that will be borrowing for the construction. The club is just the tenant so the ownership of that shouldn't be too controversial.
I wonder whether there are contigency plans in place for the club aswell, should anything happen to Ron ? I'm sure this was also asked in the Zoom calls, but I think there was a very evasive answer.

Back