• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. How about Tahvon Campbell who has scored 13 goals in 16 games for Woking....?

Last season he only scored 1 in 15 games for Halifax. Did someone find his ON switch?
A lot of our previous successes came from nowhere with no outstanding record

People criticised the record of BBBC before he joined us. Turned out to be one of our better signings in years gone by.

I also remember people questioning the quality of a particular Ryan Leonard, or Ben Coker. They hadn't been 'big time' players but most certainly turned into them didn't they.

We need an eye for the up and coming and those who could do better because that's what puts you one step ahead of competitors that might have more £££ to throw about.

I do wonder how long it will be before fans start to get frustrated with the lack of activity going on at the club, in terms of announcing new signings. I'm sure works going on in the background but, for me, its concerning that there's been quite a bit of time now and nothings happened. Times ticking on and we can't be fooled by a couple of wins against a pathetic Dover and a bit of a fortunate win at the weekend.
I know there’s no transfer windows in this division but isn’t it likely that a lot of transfers will still need to be done inside summer/January transfer windows? Especially if we are looking at players from the leagues above.

I would guess that signing players from leagues above is by no means simple as a number of considerations might be working against us.
They would include (a) a reluctance by some players to drop into the Conference; (b) because of many reasons we may not be seen as a favoured destination by players and/or agents; (c) competition from other Conference clubs many of them cashed up and willing to outbid us.
Unfortunately there is a always competition for good players whose identity is rarely a secret. Easier to sign are older players especially if they have a history of injuries!

For all we know Kev and Co may already have players from leagues above ready to sign for us when there transfer window opens,we just need to be patient its just 4 weeks away,and plenty of games after new year to free ourselves from relegation and get a mid table finish for the season .

For all we know Kev and Co may already have players from leagues above ready to sign for us when there transfer window opens,we just need to be patient its just 4 weeks away,and plenty of games after new year to free ourselves from relegation and get a mid table finish for the season .
I don't think it's an issue for EFL players leaving their clubs outside of the transfer window, they just can't get players in.

I'm not sure someone who may owe 5\6m and pumps in up to 100k pm with a life changing court case to face very soon, will feel overly enthused to pay out very much for new players, regardless of any funds associated with the new ground!I
I do wonder about the merits of paying for the services of so many people (John s, stan, Darren c, kev, rd, tom) possibly at the expense of the academy and maybe U23s in future. I think I'd prefer to see funds spent on nurturing talent to bring through and stop buying old crocks or loaning other teams kids.
I get the benefit of nearly all the additions, am a big fan of toms efforts which are like bashing your head against a wall daily, but we are a struggling national league team.
I would imagine kev m is secretly fuming over what's going on currently, though probably not surprised!

I'm not sure someone who may owe 5\6m and pumps in up to 100k pm with a life changing court case to face very soon, will feel overly enthused to pay out very much for new players, regardless of any funds associated with the new ground!I
I do wonder about the merits of paying for the services of so many people (John s, stan, Darren c, kev, rd, tom) possibly at the expense of the academy and maybe U23s in future. I think I'd prefer to see funds spent on nurturing talent to bring through and stop buying old crocks or loaning other teams kids.
I get the benefit of nearly all the additions, am a big fan of toms efforts which are like bashing your head against a wall daily, but we are a struggling national league team.
I would imagine kev m is secretly fuming over what's going on currently, though probably not surprised!
Why would Kev be fuming? I’m sure part of his remit was to get the best out of what we already have.

Why would Kev be fuming? I’m sure part of his remit was to get the best out of what we already have.
Because some of his squad have not been paid (again). Because it turns out the chairman may go to prison leaving the club in a precarious financial position. Because the training ground hasnt been fixed other than the hot water, gym equipment not fixed, heating not fixed, doors broken so they dont close as well as no heating. Theyre the only ones im referring to.
I personally think he is getting the best out of what we have and Im happy with what hes doing.

Stan had great ideas and contacts but he overestimated Ron’s monetary back up. Started well with the Sheffield boys coming straight in but now we are back to Potless Utd. So much potential with the present set up but as long as the second hand car dealer is here then we may survive relegation but not go much further!

I think you will find very soon is some 18 months away ..

I think you will find very soon is some 18 months away ..
Think youre right, these things drag on and on. My heads telling me that could make lots of associated things like SUFC just drag on instead of hoped for progression.

Because some of his squad have not been paid (again). Because it turns out the chairman may go to prison leaving the club in a precarious financial position. Because the training ground hasnt been fixed other than the hot water, gym equipment not fixed, heating not fixed, doors broken so they dont close as well as no heating. Theyre the only ones im referring to.
I personally think he is getting the best out of what we have and Im happy with what hes doing.
Anyone who turns this club around will be a miracle worker for sure and will be able to stick that on their CV. That must motivate him. I guess he can only control what he can control and that’s the coaching side.

Many on here are optimistic over what Stan has brought and could yet bring to the club. I’m sceptical still though.

‘Players DO want to play for YOUR club, you only have to look at the Sheffield United boys and increased confidence in our players to see that. It's just going to need warmth and support, nurturing from people at the club, listening to you and staff at Roots Hall and B&L for solutions across the club and using some fantastic relationships to get us to the front of the queue for players so that the coaching boys can work their magic.’

So we are into editing peoples posts now are we? That was not what I originally typed mods and well you know it. Weeks in and we’ve seen nothing
Yes we are, as we have always been, when people act up on the forums fishing and looking for bites. If you can’t make your point ORM without the pointless added inflammatory and pointedly divisive language (which actually added nothing to the main point of your post) then you will be on moderated posting. You can be sceptical, worried or downright angry without the Stanfest / *** licking stuff aimed at other users of this forum. That isn’t on and has naff all to do with ‘free speech’.

Why do people feel entitled to need to see every little piece of work? Do they not realise that work is done behind the scenes without the need of having to physically show you something, this is a business, what's not to understand?

Sure transparency is nice, but there is a limit to how much they 'have' to show, stop whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back