• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps it would be a good time to mention that we are volunteers who develop and (largely) pay for this site while having careers and families. We don’t pretend to be perfect, because we aren’t. We’re just doing our best and let’s face it, it’s not easy when Southend supporters have been enduring years and years of car crashes week on week.

All I can say is that we’ll keep doing our best, but I accept we get it wrong. Let those who are perfect cast stones. We’d like to work with you rather than anything else. Perhaps PM me and let me know how I can help, because in all honesty you’re not helping me (or my mates in the mod team) to help you.
I am a great believer in people having the freedom to post what they want to as long as it is not legally actionable but there can be a fine line and to cross it might see the end of this site.
The site cannot exist without moderators and I have huge respect for them as it is not a job I would want to do. It is truly a labour of love and needed to keep the site up and running.
I have sympathies with those who have their posts amended but it is an imperfect world and of course the moderators need to be safe rather than sorry.
Unfortunately the subject of new players is inexorably tied up with our finances which are wholly dependent on Ron's finances (or lack of them as the case may be) and there is also a link with the expectations that Stan may or not have raised when he was a regular poster.
That is why it is not always easy to simply keep to a thread titled 'Recruitment'.
I would urge everyone to have some sympathy with those who run the site and the moderators. What we think and what we might say in the pub cannot always be set our in print in a public forum.
On the subject of recruitment how active has MM been since taking over at Aldershot? Have they brought in new players, and, if they have, are they responsible for their recent from improvement?
That is relevant to us as if they can find suitable new players it is a fair question why we cannot. And as far as I know they do not employ a celebrity 'Head of Strategy'.

Last edited:
I think small steps are needed in the right direction.

Lots on here did not like the way that Phil Brown would throw players under the bus and called that behaviour out and yet some of the posts about players does exactly the same and so you would assume that those posts are backing that behaviour and they would do exactly the same to the player had they been in Phil Brown’s shoes.

It’s this where we want the club and it supporter base to be?

lets just hope the 3 amigos can pull us away from the bottom .Then and only then we we see whole sale changes . Some how next season i can see a lot of players going .They i are 2 year contracts yes but most were 1 year with a second year option ..Also i hope Curry can weave his magic on Sheffield to allow the 2 lads to stay untill the end of the season .I would like to think they would like to stay to play first team football rather than iether under 21s or warming the bench .

Not here for the bashing of mods. Keep up the Sterling work chaps (and chapesses).

It’s a shame we haven’t managed to land any of our targets over the last couple of weeks. Does anyone “in the know” actually have any information as to number of targets and reasons as to why they have either fallen through or are still in negotiations?

Would be great to see one or two walking through the door soon just to give us a stronger spine.

lets all just put a sensible hat on for one moment....
We have had a defender lined up playing in the conference south, and yet again the transfer has stalled.... there is one reason for this, its not because the kid doesn't want to play in front of 5500 fans each week, and likes sitting on the sea wall in canvey after training. Get real, as the Chesterfield fans warned us Martin hasn't and wont change, hes signed collymore to pull the wool over our eyes once again, and poor old stan like many of YOU has fallen for it hook line and sinker poor fella.
Out of interest, where did this actually come from? The only place I've seen it is Twitter from CP. I've not heard anyone from the club say anything, so do we know it's even true?

Last edited:
The Echo seems to have gone very quiet this week. I know we haven't got a game this weekend, but they usually cobble some non story together. Nile Ranger joining Boreham Wood might have been good for a few column inches.

The Echo seems to have gone very quiet this week. I know we haven't got a game this weekend, but they usually cobble some non story together. Nile Ranger joining Boreham Wood might have been good for a few column inches.
CP is on a week's holiday.

Ah! That would explain it. Is he allowed to do that during the season?

Ah! That would explain it. Is he allowed to do that during the season?
Forcing CP to not take any holiday during the season would be ridiculous, I certainly wouldn't take a job where I was banned from taking any leave for 9 months of the year (especially since I'm guessing The Echo doesn't pay that well). I think The Echo's readers can go a few days without Southend rumours.

Forcing CP to not take any holiday during the season would be ridiculous, I certainly wouldn't take a job where I was banned from taking any leave for 9 months of the year (especially since I'm guessing The Echo doesn't pay that well). I think The Echo's readers can go a few days without Southend rumours.

The thing is without The Echo we don't hear of any rumours.....:Whistling:

Six or so weeks, eight games, little improvement to the points tally and two loanees from the Blades. The same period had lots of promises and little action. Is it any wonder some have waning patience?

We can hide behind phrases like, ' it takes time' and ' due diligence' but I think they are starting to wear thin.

I am hoping things turn around but I fully understand those with an anus set to squeaky.

Out of interest, where did this actually come from? The only place I've seen it is Twitter from CP. I've not heard anyone from the club say anything, so do we know it's even true?
The club will be the last place you’d hear such things.

Has the club commented on Charlie Sayer’s’ departure yet, for example? That’s all rumours isn’t it but people seem happy to take outgoings as gospel but not incoming transfer rumours.
Six or so weeks, eight games, little improvement to the points tally and two loanees from the Blades. The same period had lots of promises and little action. Is it any wonder some have waning patience?

We can hide behind phrases like, ' it takes time' and ' due diligence' but I think they are starting to wear thin.

I am hoping things turn around but I fully understand those with an anus set to squeaky.
It does take time and we won our last match!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back