• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally but it shouldn't be expected of him. The Echo have put him in a position where he is solely responsible for the sports desk with no backup. In any normal job, colleagues pick up the slack when people go off on leave. Newsquest as a company has long been immoral, and I should know, I worked for them for 8 years. When I left, there were four people doing the job that Chris is doing now, alone.

And I think it's a huge credit to CP that even doing the job of 4 he does as well as he does that most people probably don't even realise he does it on his own.

With the benefit of a commercial lending/ financial background do not underestimate the potential impact that the disclosure of Ron’s court case will have in the tightening of any credit lines available to his associated companies which may of course impact on cash flow and ultimately any planned recruitment.

With the benefit of a commercial lending/ financial background do not underestimate the potential impact that the disclosure of Ron’s court case will have in the tightening of any credit lines available to his associated companies which may of course impact on cash flow and ultimately any planned recruitment.
That makes sense. I wondered what had impacted any cash flow forecast in the last few weeks since TL felt confident enough to appoint more coaches than we expected. Gates have held up well. Does that mean if the case is likely to be heard in 2023 we have 2 years of purgatory ahead ?

Probably that this is thread is steered back on topic rather than discussing CP and staffing at the Echo.

Surely that comes under recruitment.

To many over 30's at the Echo. They could do with a 27 year old who bosses the centre of the sports desk. Must be dozens of up and coming jurno's in the South East who would jump at the chance and the honour of signing for the Echo.

There already is a young, very good, up and coming Jurno who is also SUFC supporter, who does abit for the echo sports section.
He would be mustard.

The season doesn’t stop for him. This off-season we had a managerial appointment, back office shuffling, contract renewals and departures, the signings of Dunne, Murphy, Arnold, Ogogo, Dalby, Bridge, Coulson, Dennis and Kargbo on loan, the courting of Ricky Holmes, pre-season friendlies… And that’s just the SUFC side of things. He deserves a break (he also deserves to have a colleague picking up the slack when he’s away).
I think his departing tweet before holiday was that he worked over 400 hours in November.

One thing that often surprises me is how freely people will copy and paste an echo story on to SZ. Despite the fact that the advertising revenue keeps the echo afloat. I have seen 2 occasions when something was copied and pasted from social media written by a supporter and some posters were outraged about stealing the persons intellectual rights.

I’ve never met Chris, but over several years of following him on Twitter to grab those SUFC snippets, he seems to be a good guy who has struggles in life like the rest of us and one who certainly works hard.

I wonder if we’ve looked at Anointed Chukwu from Grays? Looks like he’s got something about him. Massive lad and still only 21. Has done a bit of a tour of Essex non league clubs and a stint in Salford’s academy. Impressively, also went on trial with Crystal Palace and Man City when he was 16 after scoring 42 goals that season for his team!

In addition to the above any number of consequences might follow after the case became public. One of the results result might be an increase in correspondence between various firms of solicitors. This will cost and will be in addition to the already large legal bill that fighting the criminal case is sure to produce.
The wheels of justice turn slowly and expensively, and, these costs will be ongoing for at least another two to three years.
Hopefully, the recent council vote green lighting the FF development will have placed his finances on a secure footing.

That makes sense. I wondered what had impacted any cash flow forecast in the last few weeks since TL felt confident enough to appoint more coaches than we expected. Gates have held up well. Does that mean if the case is likely to be heard in 2023 we have 2 years of purgatory ahead ?
Well put it this way .. it definitely doesn’t help !

Does anyone know what the rules are for a Pro club signing part time players?
Probably no rules at all, it's just the case of the player having to sort out is personal side as he most likely has another job.

I think his departing tweet before holiday was that he worked over 400 hours in November.

One thing that often surprises me is how freely people will copy and paste an echo story on to SZ. Despite the fact that the advertising revenue keeps the echo afloat. I have seen 2 occasions when something was copied and pasted from social media written by a supporter and some posters were outraged about stealing the persons intellectual rights.

I’ve never met Chris, but over several years of following him on Twitter to grab those SUFC snippets, he seems to be a good guy who has struggles in life like the rest of us and one who certainly works hard.
It works both ways, i often see stuff lifted off the zone by CP and put in the echo...

I dont have a problem either way, but lets get it straight. Imo the more news the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back