• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Maidenhead United, Tuesday 7th December, 19:45ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 94 85.5%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 75 68.2%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • John White

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 92 83.6%
  • Kacper Łopata

Votes: 93 84.5%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 93 84.5%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 78 70.9%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 43 39.1%
  • Abu Ogogo

Votes: 33 30.0%
  • Zak Brunt

Votes: 91 82.7%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Matt Dennis

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Terrell Egbri

• Sam Dalby

• Rhys Murphy

• Matt Rush

• Will Atkinson

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Win

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • Lose

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arnold
Demetriou, Hobson, Lopata, Ralph
Phillips, Brunt, Ferguson with Walsh operating on either wing
Dalby and Murphy

This is a real must win, and I expect nothing less. Come on you Blues!

This is the first game for a long while, that i think as above. The team picks itself
without a lot of argument. Which says a lot about our improvement.!!

Something else to throw into the equation for tomorrow evening is the arrival of Storm Barra. Not expected to be as bad here as in the north and west of the country but those of us that remember a certain Michael Fish will know that when it comes to predicting the weather anything can happen !

I have decided to go to this crucial 6 pointer game .... early doors for my Christmas pint beer ..lol

I and also buy my £5 tickets for the Bromley home game Sunday 02nd January ( BARGAIN of the CENTURY )

I see the SUFC Ticket Stats is down again...

Last I looked we had sold around 4500 two weeks, before the cancellation , when it was working so hoping to see another 5000 plus tomorrow night

Last edited:
That's a nice feeling - some sort of consensus about a settled team & formation.

Who would have thought 4-4-2 would be the way forward ......:Smile2:

That Maidenhead fan's comment did make me laugh. Blimey he really has got no idea has he!! Talk about understatement..

That's a nice feeling - some sort of consensus about a settled team & formation.

Who would have thought 4-4-2 would be the way forward ......:Smile2:
4-4-2 worked against Altrincham because their main threat came from the wings so it made sense to double up on their wingers. Against teams who play systems with 3 in the middle, 4-4-2 will continue to see us get horribly overrun.

I like the idea of going with it tomorrow night, but Atkinson in the middle of the park is, I'm afraid, not a viable option going forward.

4-4-2 worked against Altrincham because their main threat came from the wings so it made sense to double up on their wingers. Against teams who play systems with 3 in the middle, 4-4-2 will continue to see us get horribly overrun.

I like the idea of going with it tomorrow night, but Atkinson in the middle of the park is, I'm afraid, not a viable option going forward.
Ferdinand will be buzzing if he sees Atkinson on that team sheet.

I'm seriously hoping that Sam Barrett doesn't play too. He hasn't been playing of late, so I assume he is injured. By far their best player and can't believe he is still there and signed a new contract with them. I notice his Twitter banner is of him playing for us which is nice. He seemed to really take the club to heart when with us. Such a shame his injuries were so bad.

Hobson v Aquah. Jeez this what it has come to.

I have decided to go to this crucial 6 pointer game .... early doors for my Christmas pint beer ..lol

I and also buy my £5 tickets for the Boreham wood home game Sunday 02nd January ( BARGAIN of the CENTURY )

I see the SUFC Ticket Stats is down again...

Last I looked we had sold around 4500 two weeks, before the cancellation , when it was working so hoping to see another 5000 plus tomorrow night

You might want to change them for Bromley tickets or you wont get in on the 2nd :Winking:

Not disagreeing with you but one can play a system where there are players "out of position" or "square pegs in round holes" in an attempt to nullify the opposition threat .... or ....

...one can play a system that the current players fit & play to our own strengths & give the opposition problems for them to solve.

Didn't think I would see a post with the words "Atkinson" & "going forward" in the same sentence ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back