• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Molesley

It would be surprising if Aldersot finished near the bottom of the table as they have a very good manager. That’s something we don’t know if we have yet,but most definitely didn’t have earlier this season.
To accompany Dover downwards,we should be looking at (all part-timers ?):
Kings Lynn
Weymouth
Wealdstone
Barnet
Maidenhead .
Has Moseley been sacked already?

It amazes me that Mark Molesley still attracts so much interest given he is absolutely nothing to do with us or Southend any more.

I have to agree. He was abysmal for us, yet, even until the day he was sacked he still had a lot of support on here which I couldn't understand. Was he a nice guy? - Seemed so, was he given a chance? - I believe so, he signed quite a few players during his time, so was supported by Ron. I witnessed some of the worst football I've ever seen under MM, we went game after game after game without even having a shot on target.

I genuinely worry where 'currently' we're going to be getting any points from. As it stands right now with the current crop of players, I think we're relegated. It's up to the club to now recruit right and get the right people in now. We've been promised a hell of a lot so hopefully we start seeing that actually happen.
Wrong thread

I have to agree. He was abysmal for us, yet, even until the day he was sacked he still had a lot of support on here which I couldn't understand. Was he a nice guy? - Seemed so, was he given a chance? - I believe so, he signed quite a few players during his time, so was supported by Ron. I witnessed some of the worst football I've ever seen under MM, we went game after game after game without even having a shot on target.
Yet we picked up points with a terrible squad that he couldn’t improve, whether he is good, bad or average manager/head coach it just didn’t work out. Let’s move on support the current manager

It amazes me that Mark Molesley still attracts so much interest given he is absolutely nothing to do with us or Southend any more.
I think It's very important to keep tabs on him given that he now manages one of our relegation rivals.

Yeah, I get that, but my post was aimed at comments about how he managed (or not) Southend, which is now water under the bridge.
But the thing is RHB keeping the thread alive allows the two sides of last years great MM genius or chancer debate to wait fingers hovering over the keyboard to post an ‘I told you so’ post every time Aldershot win or lose. This has been replaced this season by an SC genius or chancer debate that will follow the same pattern.

But the thing is RHB keeping the thread alive allows the two sides of last years great MM genius or chancer debate to wait fingers hovering over the keyboard to post an ‘I told you so’ post every time Aldershot win or lose. This has been replaced this season by an SC genius or chancer debate that will follow the same pattern.
Meanwhile no football club touches Phil Brown, even with a barge pole.

I know people have questioned why we care about an ex-manager's success but the fact MM has turned things around at Aldershot suggests he wasn't crap as some posters insisted and rather he was a victim of the restrictions Ron's poor ownership put on him (as I suspect Maher is now also having to deal with, despite some people turning on him for not managing to make an awful squad somehow competitive).

I know people have questioned why we care about an ex-manager's success but the fact MM has turned things around at Aldershot suggests he wasn't crap as some posters insisted and rather he was a victim of the restrictions Ron's poor ownership put on him (as I suspect Maher is now also having to deal with, despite some people turning on him for not managing to make an awful squad somehow competitive).
I think that applies to Powell and Bond as well, Campbell well not so much
Remember Bond when he left basically said who ever takes over faces an impossible task and those words ring true still

I think that applies to Powell and Bond as well, Campbell well not so much
Remember Bond when he left basically said who ever takes over faces an impossible task and those words ring true still
Yes, with the benefit of hindsight bloody arrogant and stupid of us to think changing the manager would change things.

Although in our defence historically it usually does one way or another...

Yes, with the benefit of hindsight bloody arrogant and stupid of us to think changing the manager would change things.

Although in our defence historically it usually does one way or another...
It doesn't in the long term.

I’m just happy for Molesley that he’s rebuilding his reputation as he was mad coming here. Ron panicked big time getting Brown in but in fairness, most on here wanted Molesley out. Careful what you wish for eh!
Indeed. It was so obviously the wrong decision. That said, I'm not unhappy with KM in charge.

I just hope we learn from our mistakes.

I’m just happy for Molesley that he’s rebuilding his reputation as he was mad coming here. Ron panicked big time getting Brown in but in fairness, most on here wanted Molesley out. Careful what you wish for eh!
I wanted him gone, I wanted Powell, Bond, Campbell, Molesley and Brown all gone! Thinking that they may be the issue (Campbell was an idiot but not the issue).

Molesley is the right manager just at the wrong time! Until Ron Martin is ousted then no manager will save us. The man is destroying our club!

I too am happy for Molesley, I liked him and from what I hear the players enjoyed training and playing for him. I really hope he gets his chance to be a success. Not many do end up being a success after managing us of recent times.

I wanted him gone, I wanted Powell, Bond, Campbell, Molesley and Brown all gone! Thinking that they may be the issue (Campbell was an idiot but not the issue).

Molesley is the right manager just at the wrong time! Until Ron Martin is ousted then no manager will save us. The man is destroying our club!

I too am happy for Molesley, I liked him and from what I hear the players enjoyed training and playing for him. I really hope he gets his chance to be a success. Not many do end up being a success after managing us of recent times.
Even though we’d probably still have gone down—though I can’t believe we wouldn’t have thrashed a pathetic Colchester outfit—with Molesley in charge,and able to spend all the money Brown wasted, we’d now be challenging strongly at the right end of the table.

Not one big name manager from the Premier League could of kept Southend in the Football League .

Back