• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA Trophy Round 4 - Dagenham & Redbridge (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you were @harveyoe - my screenshot was from the club website!
Right, I think I've got it now. This proof reading lark is proving to be more difficult than I imagined.

I think I'll just go back to posting without bothering to go back and check whatever rubbish I have written. That was much easier.

View attachment 18064

Ticket information for the game "will be follow." Who proof-reads this stuff?
Sadly no-one. I was in the Print Industry from 72-95, when it was still a skilled trade & we used to employ full time 'readers' ( proof readers ).
Like many other industry's since then, standards gone down hill big time. To my knowledge proof readers disappeared many years ago.

Sadly no-one. I was in the Print Industry from 72-95, when it was still a skilled trade & we used to employ full time 'readers' ( proof readers ).
Like many other industry's since then, standards gone down hill big time. To my knowledge proof readers disappeared many years ago.
Actually, my daughter got a job as a proof-reader when she graduated university a couple of years ago. She was working for a packaging company in Witham who had the contract for M&S Food among other companies.

Anyway, best get back on topic or I'll lose my moderating powers!

Don't tell Barry! He won't be happy.
Only been able to reply now as they keep deleting my posts for some reason even though I'm a shrimper as entitled to share my opinion as anyone else. Anyway hope you had a nice christmas and happy new year

Only been able to reply now as they keep deleting my posts for some reason even though I'm a shrimper as entitled to share my opinion as anyone else. Anyway hope you had a nice christmas and happy new year
ShrimperZone rules are very clear @BarryBlue52, if you post insinuations regarding a Southend player that can be considered libellous or is a personal attack on them, then they will be deleted. I hope that helps you understand.

Harrison Neal is cup-tied for this game having already played for Kettering in the competition - Ollie Kensdale should be OK though as I don't think he featured for Concord.

ShrimperZone rules are very clear @BarryBlue52, if you post insinuations regarding a Southend player that can be considered libellous or is a personal attack on them, then they will be deleted. I hope that helps you understand.
No problem I just wish there was more open dialogue. I understand some people may not b my biggest fan but I don't want that to mean I'm censored more than anybody else. I don't know what I said that constitutes libel or a personal attack. After all, any form of criticism towards a player is a personal attack isn't it?

No problem I just wish there was more open dialogue. I understand some people may not b my biggest fan but I don't want that to mean I'm censored more than anybody else. I don't know what I said that constitutes libel or a personal attack. After all, any form of criticism towards a player is a personal attack isn't it?
I can assure you that you are not censored more than anyone else. You posted statements about a Southend player which we considered libellous regarding his integrity. They got deleted following review by moderators. And with that the discussion is closed.

I can assure you that you are not censored more than anyone else. You posted statements about a Southend player which we considered libellous regarding his integrity. They got deleted following review by moderators. And with that the discussion is closed.
No problem, I'm not trying to reignite the discussion but rather ascertain why it happened. I respect the work you do and will do what I can to adhere to the rules. Don't want any hostility Mr Admin.

I spent a summer proof reading at a printers in Rochford as a student. in the 70's. I'm dyslectic so it was rather amusing.

Hi All, Where is the best place to park for the game? Never been to Dagenham so will be a first for me. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back