• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Josh Wright

Interesting this one as a good friend of mine has gone to Billericay with Jody Brown as coach and they are in a very similar position to us. Bad recruitment over the summer has left them with an uncompetitive team to turn around. I am confident they will turn things around as they are very good coaches. I've been quite vocal in the fact that I don't rate josh Wright on here and I've said the same to my mate. I guess any player with that kind of history at his age would be tempting but the lower you go down the leagues I think the more you need a player who is up for the fight and can compete physically, Josh Wright is definitely not that player. It might work out, he's a good footballer with plenty of talent, just no heart. I hope he does well for Jody and Robbo, they are good guys

Seems to be more interested in reality TV and 'look how flash my house/car/clothes/watch are etc' like all the other Towie numpties. Why do people want to tune in to see what all the followers on instagram etc are funding their 'lifestyle.' ? Shallow world.

I find his career really intriguing. Never met the bloke so can't pass any comments or judgment there but on the face of it, he comes across as very committed and professional and will always say the right thing. But he doesn't seem to hang around at a club for too long and when he does leave it seems to be under a bit of a cloud.

On paper, he is much, much better than National League South!

I find his career really intriguing. Never met the bloke so can't pass any comments or judgment there but on the face of it, he comes across as very committed and professional and will always say the right thing. But he doesn't seem to hang around at a club for too long and when he does leave it seems to be under a bit of a cloud.

On paper, he is much, much better than National League South!

Which paper is that?

Watched him play for Billericay on Saturday - he basically satin deep in Midfield and passed the ball around but certainly did not stand out in the crowd!

Sad days for billericay, will be a miracle if they manage to stay up.
I think they have the right people in charge now. Speaking to my friend, who is assisting Jody Brown there, they have a situation that is not a million miles away from ours. The old management recruited badly in the summer and the new management team have had to make the best of things with one or two additions and trying to move players on. It looks a tough task to survive but they are certainly more competitive. They are defensively solid again now but it is a lack of goals that is their problem, sounds familiar!

I have been watching them all season and there is a definite improvement just a bit lack lustre up front! Can recommend Billericay if no game elsewhere - nice stadium, easy to get a beer and stand on the terraces with it!

I think they have the right people in charge now. Speaking to my friend, who is assisting Jody Brown there, they have a situation that is not a million miles away from ours. The old management recruited badly in the summer and the new management team have had to make the best of things with one or two additions and trying to move players on. It looks a tough task to survive but they are certainly more competitive. They are defensively solid again now but it is a lack of goals that is their problem, sounds familiar!
Hopefully Braintree will go down instead eh.

Sad days for billericay, will be a miracle if they manage to stay up.

Having to make up one point on the team above them to avoid the solitary relegation spot is hardly the thing of miracles.

I have been watching them all season and there is a definite improvement just a bit lack lustre up front! Can recommend Billericay if no game elsewhere - nice stadium, easy to get a beer and stand on the terraces with it!
I always remember when they kept going to Wembley in the 70s for the FA Vase. I think they got there 3 or 4 times in 5 years or something. Quite a few Southend supporters ended up on the coaches. to back them, probably because of the Southend supporters from Billericay and Wickford link, etc. They also got a few promotions very quickly late 70s and early 80s.

Back