• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Weymouth 0-1 Southend United

Positives.

Great away support AGAIN!
The three loanees made all the difference.
All three were outstanding.
Arnold did not have much to do but instills confidence in the defence.
The coaching team are getting it about right on team selection, formation and get the best out of the players at their disposal.
Three points!
Against lower half of the table teams we have W 5 D1 L2
That is good in any ones book
We have played 8 of the top 12 away so only four more to go.
Hobson(not sure how) and Dennis got into the non league newspaper team of the day.
There is hope for the Yeovil match
The MARTIN OUT BANNER was positioned in the prime spot!!!

Negatives

Take the loanees out of the equation and we are a poor team
It would be nice if Murphy could run faster and actually shoot on target more than once in a game.
Dalby needs to learn to get his knee over the ball when he shoots ( a technique usually learnt at U11 at most academies).
Atkinson runs around like an out of puff headless chicken and also it would be good if he could pass to his team mates.

Reactions: Ted
Positives.

Great away support AGAIN!
The three loanees made all the difference.
All three were outstanding.
Arnold did not have much to do but instills confidence in the defence.
The coaching team are getting it about right on team selection, formation and get the best out of the players at their disposal.
Three points!
Against lower half of the table teams we have W 5 D1 L2
That is good in any ones book
We have played 8 of the top 12 away so only four more to go.
Hobson(not sure how) and Dennis got into the non league newspaper team of the day.
There is hope for the Yeovil match
The MARTIN OUT BANNER was positioned in the prime spot!!!

Negatives

Take the loanees out of the equation and we are a poor team
It would be nice if Murphy could run faster and actually shoot on target more than once in a game.
Dalby needs to learn to get his knee over the ball when he shoots ( a technique usually learnt at U11 at most academies).
Atkinson runs around like an out of puff headless chicken and also it would be good if he could pass to his team mates.

Why would we need to take the loanees out of the equation? They're on loan to us, so are we'll and truly in the equation.

Atkinson assisted for the only goal of the match, so there was at least one time he kicked the ball to a team mate.

Why would we need to take the loanees out of the equation? They're on loan to us, so are we'll and truly in the equation.

Atkinson assisted for the only goal of the match, so there was at least one time he kicked the ball to a team mate.
Although he didn't actually kick the ball to a team mate, he hoofed it and a Weymouth player failed to deal with it. ??

Although he didn't actually kick the ball to a team mate, he hoofed it and a Weymouth player failed to deal with it. ??
Strange how you have only commented on the negatives!
Your comments with regard to the negatives confirm that you were not at the game and that your knowledge on loanees needs a little brush up

Your comments with regard to the negatives confirm that you were not at the game and that your knowledge on loanees needs a little brush up
Chill out mate, it was meant to be humorous, hence the wink emoji. ?

Plus I never even mentioned the loanees. ?

Last edited:

I mean, he kicked the ball and then the next player to control it was a Southend player, who went on to score.

The stats will say he got the assist, regardless of how it happened.

You are correct. I wasn't there.

My knowledge of the loanees is that whilst they are on loan to us, they are part of our equation. We are able to call upon them to benefit our short term needs (avoiding relegation) therefore why should we take them out of the equation?

I mean, he kicked the ball and then the next player to control it was a Southend player, who went on to score.

The stats will say he got the assist, regardless of how it happened.

You are correct. I wasn't there.

My knowledge of the loanees is that whilst they are on loan to us, they are part of our equation. We are able to call upon them to benefit our short term needs (avoiding relegation) therefore why should we take them out of the equation?
Ok, loanees by their name are loanees and can be taken back by their senior club at any time. Thus yes they improve the team whilst here( notable exceptions, the loanee lad from QPR, the loanee from Man Ure last season and there have been other duds) but put simply they are by nature a very very short term fix. Yes we have just about enough of a team to stay up this year but in the same way Mr Martin only lends us Roots Hall, Loanees are not the long term ie: 2022-2023 way forward.

And that was his best pass of the afternoon ! Good old Atkinson

Yet was still many peoples MOM.

We have conceded a number of goals after poor or half hearted clearances. Gifted two goals just before Christmas by not seeing the ball out properly. Atkinson showed exactly how you should clear a lose ball in your own box.

Ok, loanees by their name are loanees and can be taken back by their senior club at any time. Thus yes they improve the team whilst here( notable exceptions, the loanee lad from QPR, the loanee from Man Ure last season and there have been other duds) but put simply they are by nature a very very short term fix. Yes we have just about enough of a team to stay up this year but in the same way Mr Martin only lends us Roots Hall, Loanees are not the long term ie: 2022-2023 way forward.

I was just attempting to put a positive spin on your negative comments by the way. That's why I only focused on the negatives.

I do agree with you that loans are short term fixes. That's what is available to us at this point in our season though.

I'm glad that all three made a positive impression in this match, let's hope they continue to contribute to the success of this squad this season.

Yet was still many peoples MOM.

We have conceded a number of goals after poor or half hearted clearances. Gifted two goals just before Christmas by not seeing the ball out properly. Atkinson showed exactly how you should clear a lose ball in your own box.
Atkinson must’ve had a much better game at Weymouth. One thing Will does have is experience in spades and a football brain. Mainly when I’ve seen him this season it looks like the old engine is spluttering and he’s looked off the pace. But good to hear he’s played well and if he continues he’ll be a superb card to have in our pack.

Back