• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Harrison Neal

I’d say more Peter Butler than Kevin Maher.

The closest in the squad to Maher would probably be Philips.

I think someone mentioned in the summer that to be successful in the NL you need to use loan signings.

If selected wisely it appears the loan players are probably better quality than what's available permanently.

So whilst we're all clammering for permanent signings, it's the loans that will make the season. We, fans, need to remember that next summer!

I think someone mentioned in the summer that to be successful in the NL you need to use loan signings.

If selected wisely it appears the loan players are probably better quality than what's available permanently.

So whilst we're all clammering for permanent signings, it's the loans that will make the season. We, fans, need to remember that next summer!
It’s basically been the spine straight down the middle: Lopata as the middle of three, Neal and Dennis.

Nice tidy player , kept it simple and neat last night , id say Championship maybe a bit above his station but he looks like kind of player that will be wanted by grafting, high energy teams .

Lopata is the one that i believe has all the attributes needed to break into SU team , he's vocal , assured , has a great attitude and can mix it up . He will mature and add a bit more bulk to his frame that will help .

3 great finds from SU as they have all been likable characters with good work ethics and attitudes , we have been desperate to have some recent players connect with the crowd and these boys have done so very quickly.

That occasionally happens with loanees from clubs 3 divisions higher than us.
The reason why they are on loan to us is because they are not (yet) ready to play 3 divisions higher than us. Although, you know that really. Also, Dunne hasn't really shown that he is of the required standard to play at our level either... so these decent loanees could be League 2 standard and probably still be 3 divisions higher than him in class.

The reason why they are on loan to us is because they are not (yet) ready to play 3 divisions higher than us. Although, you know that really. Also, Dunne hasn't really shown that he is of the required standard to play at our level either... so these decent loanees could be League 2 standard and probably still be 3 divisions higher than him in class.
I have not seen it confirmed anywhere but we all just assume that because of DC's previous connections that these three loans were down to him. If this is so he deserves huge credit as it is hard to think that our recent improvement in results could have occurred had not these three joined us.
In recent years many of our loan players seem to have been haphazard deals with us picking up whoever might be available. Not so with these three; we brought in players who immediately addressed specific importants weaknesses within the squad.
We now seem a better organised team off the field, and, are playing like one on it.
Long may it continue.

I have not seen it confirmed anywhere but we all just assume that because of DC's previous connections that these three loans were down to him. If this is so he deserves huge credit as it is hard to think that our recent improvement in results could have occurred had not these three joined us.
In recent years many of our loan players seem to have been haphazard deals with us picking up whoever might be available. Not so with these three; we brought in players who immediately addressed specific importants weaknesses within the squad.
We now seem a better organised team off the field, and, are playing like one on it.
Long may it continue.
Not sure why you quoted my post, but just for the record, I agree and in no way intended to suggest these loanees are anything but fantastic for us.

Played above his years last night and I was particularly impressed with his cajoling of others to press the ball and get those near to him organised. Let’s just enjoy him whilst we can.

I just love it when we get 4 loanees and everyone of them has taken Southend to heart and not come here just to play out the season but to give their best ,to come here with an attitude that they want to progress ,to endorse our club and the management ,also that you the supporters are supporting them even though we all know they only here temporary. I said 4 loanees as i included Brunt. When these loanees go back to there clubs at seasons end they will only have good things to say about us to the young players there and to management there ,Word off mouth is the best advertisement you can get ,What these young lads say about us if good can only help in the job of repairing our tattered reputation. and help us in future be able to procure some of the best talent from higher league clubs to come here on loan .

Played above his years last night and I was particularly impressed with his cajoling of others to press the ball and get those near to him organised. Let’s just enjoy him whilst we can.
Me too. My only issue is that he's played two games for us and has two yellow cards. Somehow we need him to stop the yellow cards otherwise we'll be without him for a time which would be a shame.

At least we are just a yo club

Or a lo lo club
Long may it continue.
It won’t just be down to Currie. But he will have been important.

On the evidence of last night Brunt was a nice to have player. Neal is a must have player. Good business.
Exactly what we said on Tuesday. Brunt a luxury player at this level. Neal essential skill set for our plight.
Good in the tackle, reads the game well, almost every pass is to a blues shirt as well as an excellent range of passes.

Exactly what we said on Tuesday. Brunt a luxury player at this level. Neal essential skill set for our plight.
Good in the tackle, reads the game well, almost every pass is to a blues shirt as well as an excellent range of passes.
Also enough skill to dig himself out of trouble when closed down. Thought he looked like a great player

Brunt was necessary at the time because we needed some sort of spark to get fans on board with what was going on. Until the two Sheffield lads came in it felt very much like a continuation of what was happening and then suddenly we have this kid who can play and get everyone excited.

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed or whether I am making it up to fit an agenda but since Brunt arrived more fans have been on board with what's going on now.

Neal is what we need in terms of physically on the football pitch, now that Brunt has helped with the mood around Southend.

Brunt was necessary at the time because we needed some sort of spark to get fans on board with what was going on. Until the two Sheffield lads came in it felt very much like a continuation of what was happening and then suddenly we have this kid who can play and get everyone excited.

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed or whether I am making it up to fit an agenda but since Brunt arrived more fans have been on board with what's going on now.

Neal is what we need in terms of physically on the football pitch, now that Brunt has helped with the mood around Southend.
Tell you what though, what Zac Brunt bought to the party is now missing and we do need to find someone similar. Maybe Jack Bridge.............?

Back