• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA Trophy Round 4 - Dagenham & Redbridge (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm drinking before hand with a couple of mates in the Pipe Major, anyone know what that's like?

What was the beef with Watford? Before my time I think.
We was so well matched for so long
if one of us was top of the league the other one was guaranteed second
We won away to Watford when the reward was a home game to European Champions Liverpool
Then there was the Elton John connection to Watford
Songs were sung that would be highly illegal in this day and age ?

Anyone who went to Wealdstone away in the the FA cup years ago could answer that question lol.
That’s Watford
Never saw a peep from them home or away when it was a match between the two of us
Suddenly they turn up at Wealdstone when they knew the Southend would be your average supporters and want to kick off ?

Interesting reading the match reports and ratings after our last game with the Daggers as it shows how far we’ve come already. Kev’s first game. That horrible seven minutes that took the game away from us and showed us up for what we were. Worth a read if you’re up for it.

Little reminder though of a certain action deserving of a reaction:

Just seen the highlights. Nice of Ling to incite our fans after the third goal.

Not sure why the ****house felt the need to do that. Don’t think he was subject to any grief from our lot prior. But I love that sort of stuff to be honest, gave me an opportunity to vent some anger anyway. Still a massive prick though and I’m sure he will be no.1 target now for W block etc in the return fixture.

I thought it was the number 2 Reynolds who did that but I've not seen the highlights

It was number 2 Reynolds, really could have made a volatile crowd go over the edge. I am not too far from 60 and made me want to run on and knock his block off.

Reynolds was the idiot who needs a whack after his shockingly inciteful celebrations after each goal. Who the hell does he think he is ? 2 bob Muppett.

Fair play if he felt the need to ram our sad demise down our throats in the first game. Equally fair play should we want to return any strength of feeling.

Seems like what era you grew up in points to who you consider rivals. Leyton Orient have always seemed enemies to me, i remember Brighton being hated at some point and i certainly hated them that day their fans invaded the pitch

As time progressed it became Col.u and then the Gills to some extent.

I dont recall watford or brentford ever being considered enemies.

Back in the 70's i always considered Brentford, Brighton & Watford as our main ones. Never once had Colchester in the equation.
I'm desperately trying to remember a Saturday circa 69/70 when we were at Layer Road.
I can see now a couple of fans flat out in someone's flower bed outside the ground, having got a beating.
They were both wearing those Dr Marten's boots beloved by skinheads at the time.
I have no idea whether they were Col U or us - but the unpleasant memory lingers.

Yes because we’re surrounded by them.

It seems everywhere I turn, be it work, or socially, I overhear some half baked conversation about them winning the World Cup in ‘66 ?

By and large the most deluded set of fans you’ll ever meet.

Sadly we’ll probably never be on that level where they consider us rivals, but for all intents and purposes I’d love us to one day be the proverbial thorn in their side.
Spurs fans gotta be up there with being in top 5 most delusional fans in UK

Reactions: LOS
Yes because we’re surrounded by them.

It seems everywhere I turn, be it work, or socially, I overhear some half baked conversation about them winning the World Cup in ‘66 ?

By and large the most deluded set of fans you’ll ever meet.

Sadly we’ll probably never be on that level where they consider us rivals, but for all intents and purposes I’d love us to one day be the proverbial thorn in their side.
Don't under estimate the number of West Ham fans who regularly attend, and support, Southend. I know plenty of Roots Hall regulars that are West Ham fans, and show nothing but respect to Southend United.. Its not just Daggers that can be accussed of that type of fan infiltration.

....... Giving the pubs a swerve today, but going for a posh sit down kebab in that fantastic Turkish Grill opposite the Pipe Major. MMMmmm Can't wait.

I'm desperately trying to remember a Saturday circa 69/70 when we were at Layer Road.
I can see now a couple of fans flat out in someone's flower bed outside the ground, having got a beating.
They were both wearing those Dr Marten's boots beloved by skinheads at the time.
I have no idea whether they were Col U or us - but the unpleasant memory lingers.
We won 2-0, & that was the game the barrier broke whilst doing a rendition of 'Knees up Mother Brown'!. Fortunately our 'big guys' were able to prevent those behind them, tumbling down that small wooden terraced Stand.
I'd have thought those guys in the flower beds were Col U fans.

Don't under estimate the number of West Ham fans who regularly attend, and support, Southend. I know plenty of Roots Hall regulars that are West Ham fans, and show nothing but respect to Southend United.. Its not just Daggers that can be accussed of that type of fan infiltration.

....... Giving the pubs a swerve today, but going for a posh sit down kebab in that fantastic Turkish Grill opposite the Pipe Major. MMMmmm Can't wait.

For sure, just as I’ve known Spurs, Liverpool & Arsenal fans to attend The Hall & thoroughly enjoy themselves (don’t laugh).

The ones I’m referring to - more light heartedly than scathingly - are the old stereotype fans: grew up on Green Street, Dad knew The Krays, can’t wait for Millwall Away, Roll Out The Barrell types.

For sure, just as I’ve known Spurs, Liverpool & Arsenal fans to attend The Hall & thoroughly enjoy themselves (don’t laugh).

The ones I’m referring to - more light heartedly than scathingly - are the old stereotype fans: grew up on Green Street, Dad knew The Krays, can’t wait for Millwall Away, Roll Out The Barrell types.
Pretty sure that Hammers fans don’t give a **** about Southend United.. as mentioned above local ones often attend RH and have a soft spot for us. But you’re further up the A13..

Pretty sure that Hammers fans don’t give a **** about Southend United.. as mentioned above local ones often attend RH and have a soft spot for us. But you’re further up the A13..

I live in Wickford, around my circle of Friends, I have to agree, not many have a soft spot for Southend United FC these days.

Can’t say any fans of theirs that I know would ever see us as a rival in any way shape or form. But maybe I’m wrong.
If Southend United was in the Premiership that would be a different matter , most London supporting Essex folk look down on us as a tin pot club ..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back