• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Looking up the table

Especially after the way Nouble laughed about it on social media. I’d take great pleasure in seeing them get relegated.
Nouble is a w⚓ no doubt about that. Saw all I needed to see of him when he somehow missed from 4 yards out vs Charlton.

Very big on himself but I don't see much in his game that suggests he's anything other than a poundshop Nile Ranger ?

Anyone seen that short video of their chairman telling col u fans that its his club and not theirs. There's clearly so much wrong with that BUT karma is funny thing after they were constantly laughing at us when we got relegated (again).
Even stuff produced in 2013 is worth sharing yet again!

1497685_1376881129234932_182184561_n.jpg

Havent heard Rangers name mentioned on here lately....Is it that time to sign him again? It seems to come round so quickly! I guess we need to wait until he has a secret court case lined up before we can. (I am joking before anyone jumps on me!)
Boreham Wood got there first it seems.

Anyone seen that short video of their chairman telling col u fans that its his club and not theirs. There's clearly so much wrong with that BUT karma is funny thing after they were constantly laughing at us when we got relegated (again).
I know RM always harps on about the new stadium and how it will turn our fortunes, but their chairman is arguably just as bad. I saw in the papers he was saying that things are looking up for the club even given their current position in the league.

It seems both of them are forever promising jam tomorrow. The problem with that is you can't keep promising and not delivering because the promises start to wear a bit thin.

I know RM always harps on about the new stadium and how it will turn our fortunes, but their chairman is arguably just as bad. I saw in the papers he was saying that things are looking up for the club even given their current position in the league.

It seems both of them are forever promising jam tomorrow. The problem with that is you can't keep promising and not delivering because the promises start to wear a bit thin.
definitely, some of things I've heard him say in recent recently are classic. I listened to a interview last week where he was answering questions from fans live on air and he came up with the classic Ron line of 'this club won't survive without me'.

definitely, some of things I've heard him say in recent recently are classic. I listened to a interview last week where he was answering questions from fans live on air and he came up with the classic Ron line of 'this club won't survive without me'.
All owners say this but in reality it's bolloxs! The fact that only 1 efl club has gone bust in the last 20 years tells you that. Just a line owner throws out to get the fanbase onside. Tbf to the colchester owner he has put lot of money into club...... he built very nice training ground and heavily invested into the youth system. Cat 2 youth academy which beat arsenal few months back.

All owners say this but in reality it's bolloxs! The fact that only 1 efl club has gone bust in the last 20 years tells you that. Just a line owner throws out to get the fanbase onside. Tbf to the colchester owner he has put lot of money into club...... he built very nice training ground and heavily invested into the youth system. Cat 2 youth academy which beat arsenal few months back.
I agree, its to scare people into supporting them and hope they don't walk away, much like our very Mr Martin.

I agree, its to scare people into supporting them and hope they don't walk away, much like our very Mr Martin.
1 thing I will say about Cowling is he shouldn't be saying to fans 'it's my club not yours' I get it was in the heat of the moment but its the worse line you could throw at a fanbase, especially if they are spending hundreds if not thousands a season to follow the club up and down the country. Shows lack of respect to hardcore fans in my opinion.

I really enjoy the games against Orient and col u and probably dislike Orient more.

As for Dagenham. They aren't really a rival except for brief periods in the same league.

Col u have a thread on their forum "let's all laugh at col u" which has been running for some time. It seems that its not as popular at the minute. Could it be that us winning a few games and then plumeting has anything to do with it.

We aren't going up so I would happily see them come down.

There's not many ex players who I dislike more than him. Like you've said, he was laughing at us on social media, he's done it a lot. I remember him and another recent ex player both slagging the club off and laughing at fans, can't remember who it was.

The less said about his Charlton miss the better, still hurts.

The ignorance and abuse aimed at Nouble over that incident is why he rightly gives it back to us.

It was a miss hit shot not a cross and Nouble knows full well most of the highest earners we have ever had would not dream of trying to get on the end of that. Some of them clearly didn't fancy promotion because L1 suited them personally and they are still thought of as heroes.

Reactions: Jai
The ignorance and abuse aimed at Nouble over that incident is why he rightly gives it back to us.

It was a miss hit shot not a cross and Nouble knows full well most of the highest earners we have ever had would not dream of trying to get on the end of that. Some of them clearly didn't fancy promotion because L1 suited them personally and they are still thought of as heroes.
It's bizarre, the stick he got for that. It's like he's the only Southend player ever to miss a good chance. I get the context that it was an important game, we had 3,000 away fans there and it was late on, but he can hardly be blamed for that.

I'm not at all surprised he gives it back every chance he gets, I would as well.

Still don't like him haha.

I don't personally bear any sort of grudge against Nouble, and it's a shame that others do, but in isolation I honestly don't know how he missed that chance. It was at a perfect height for him to head in. It looked an awful miss live and having looked at the YouTube highlights I still can't work it out.

That's definitely a cross and not a mis-hit shot by McGlashan by the way. You only have to look at his body position to see that.

Still don't like him haha.

I get it. Nothing worse than an ex player you have scapegoated, turning up and dumping us out of the cup..... Proves him right and us wrong

By the way Ethan Hamilton says hello, i think he has scored 4 this season in L1

It's funny, some fans' view is that they're entitled to have a pop at pro footballers as they've paid their money to follow the team, comes with the territory etc. Yet when one has a bit of a pop back .... personally have nothing against any ex-Southend player - once they leave us they take everything with them and good luck to them. It's just a game of football.

I get it. Nothing worse than an ex player you have scapegoated, turning up and dumping us out of the cup..... Proves him right and us wrong

By the way Ethan Hamilton says hello, i think he has scored 4 this season in L1
You've never said one negative comment about any of our players then no? Pull the over one with your self righteousness haha.

I don't exactly think me posting a short post say that I never liked him is that bad to be honest.

It's funny, some fans' view is that they're entitled to have a pop at pro footballers as they've paid their money to follow the team, comes with the territory etc. Yet when one has a bit of a pop back .... personally have nothing against any ex-Southend player - once they leave us they take everything with them and good luck to them. It's just a game of football.
Bloody hell, are you lot ok???? If my post offended you then jesus christ, wasn't even that bad. Honestly this ****ing site sometimes.

I'm sure you've never moaned at any player ever whether it be on here or during a match. All I bloody said was that I didn't particular like him.

Back