• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Three go out on loan

Good luck to them. It's probably a bit frustrating for them (Egbri especially) that they've gone from first team players to being sent to semi-pro leagues but ultimately that reflects how much the team has been improved since the start of the season.

Good luck to them. It's probably a bit frustrating for them (Egbri especially) that they've gone from first team players to being sent to semi-pro leagues but ultimately that reflects how much the team has been improved since the start of the season.
If they were better then teams in our division would have come in for them.

Personally don’t see any of them playing for us again. Egbri is all energy and effort with little quality/impact on games. Kinali may count himself unlucky as hasn’t had a chance really. Think there’s a player there. MMN is not good enough for National League level at this stage. It wasn’t fair that he was thrown into the team when in League One. Probably rocked the lads confidence as it was way way above his level. Good luck to all.

I heard yesterday that Egbri had gone alongside a couple of others so interesting to see.
I guess we have got to “cull” some given some new faces have arrived

Would let Egbri go in the summer.

Fast but no end product

Is he even fast? I always felt he flattered to deceive.

I like his work ethic but as time has gone on I think it has become more evident it isn't going to happen here.

I hope his loan spell is a productive one for him.

With egbiri I was wondering whether he could be utilised somewhere else on the pitch. He's biggest issue is crossing. He's scared a couple.. wonder if a pacy striker or a terrier mid?

Feel sorry for kinali, lots of talk about how good he is…. Clearly not in reality.
Not necessarily. Football managers do not always accurately assess a player's potential, especially when they are not given a chance in play in real competitive football with the first-team.

Obviously Harry Cardwell and Noor Husin found themselves at Chorley and Dartford respectively (before signing for Southend) because certain managers decided their potential was limited. Those managers were wrong, and I think Cardwell (25) and Husin (24) are determined to prove that point at Southend.

Kinali is 21 and is a combative midfielder who has demonstrated at both the under-23 level and during his spells on loan he knows where the goal is. He is now got the chance to further impress at Hendon while Jon Benton (20) is currently doing the same at Aveley.

Even if Kinali and Benton are shown the door at Southend at the end of the season, they are young enough to carve out a good future in the professional game at other clubs.

This might be a sign of the influence Ricky Duncan had on the first team and his over assessment of youngsters.

There was real hope that these youngsters would have been good enough for L1/L2 whereas we are now finding out they aren't yet ready for the national league

The loans seem to be really benefiting Benton and Kinali. They play games, score goals, win matches. Egbri, Rush and MMN have spent too much time on the fringes of a crap team and not playing regular football. Rush especially could benefit from a loan. Funny also how when we loan youngsters we think it’s because we are going to let them go, but when we loan youngsters from other clubs we always think they are too good for us and are destined for premier league success.

The loans seem to be really benefiting Benton and Kinali. They play games, score goals, win matches. Egbri, Rush and MMN have spent too much time on the fringes of a crap team and not playing regular football. Rush especially could benefit from a loan. Funny also how when we loan youngsters we think it’s because we are going to let them go, but when we loan youngsters from other clubs we always think they are too good for us and are destined for premier league success.
I don’t think the clubs we loan from are taking about how the youngsters aren’t good enough (Ron), how they are looking at abolishing the u23s next year (Stan) and go with a much slimmer squad (Maher) though.

This summer we’ll be saying goodbye to more academy products than normal.

I popped in for a second half to see a friend and realised Benton was playing the other week. Its a big gap to make judgement and they were 2-0 up.....I didn't get to excited but the oppo didn't test him.

I think Egbri does have pace and can harry and press well. However what has been bl..ding obvious for a few seasons and I noted some time back, and finally commented on a few times by Paul Clark, is the ability to just stop for half a second to look up and then make a pass or cross

Having watched him close up before he got anywhere near the first team I could vouch for him and Kelman as really standing out, But way back then Egbri could fly past people get in great positions and blast over the post or simply muck up, unlike Kelman

This would have been picked up in training and must have been relayed to him on numerous occasions, unless our past coaching was duff. So I struggle to understand why he hasnt heeded that simple advice over a reasonably lengthy period now

Back