• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just a bit too young and missed out on seeing the old south stand, looked massive, be interesting to see what we would have done with that after the Taylor report if Jobson decided to keep it!!

With the West standing (which I remember) bet Roots Hall looked massive where the South and West were linked

Btw, what was that caravan about at the back of the old South stand ?
It was the South Bank , there was no stand

Colchester v Southend. LDV Semi-Final 1st leg. 2004.
We took 'Weasel' ( R.I.P. ) with us in my car, was around a year after he'd had his stroke. Pre game went to the Wetherspoons pub in town centre.
Bad mistake, as he was now walking with the aid of a stick, & it took us an eternity to walk to the old Layer Road!.

We took 'Weasel' ( R.I.P. ) with us in my car, was around a year after he'd had his stroke. Pre game went to the Wetherspoons pub in town centre.
Bad mistake, as he was now walking with the aid of a stick, & it took us an eternity to walk to the old Layer Road!.
Yes, I walked with him one game from The Spread, as that's where he liked to drink before a game. We missed the first ten minutes. Bless him. I miss seeing him at one of the tables, nearest the door at The Spread.

Remember going to Bob Jennings funeral . There was no parking at the church as it was on a country lane we had to park the cars away down the road . As we were about to go into the church Steve Scarrot said to me wheres 'Weasel' . We looked down the road and in the distance was Weasel staggering up the road . Big Ian Southgate and I went back to get him Ian put him on his back and jogged up to the church , RIP Tony .

Last edited:
Back