• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colclough is partial to an assault or two and threw himself all over the floor at any opportunity at Roots Hall. Would hope it isn’t him.

We should sign Adam Marriott from barnet! After watching barnet with my nan lol he seems to be there best player and scored the majority of there goals! I'm sure barnet would accept a minimal fee.
I'm a big fan of taking other teams best players but especially so if they are natural leaders on the pitch and not injury prone would also be bonus!

Theo Robinson doesn't like us, no chance he'll come back lol

Gillingham having a clear out which is no surprise following their relegation with Ben Reeves and Stuart Okeefe amongst those released

Gillingham having a clear out which is no surprise following their relegation with Ben Reeves and Stuart Okeefe amongst those released
One we should look to try and get that’s been released from them is there full back I personally think he could do a job for us . Ryan Jackson would he want to drop down to this level who knows.

Don’t know where the Marriott rumour came from but I’d be extremely surprised if he was someone we were after. Aside from this season where he has played 35 odd games he hasn’t had a full season prior to this which I understand has been due to a number of injuries. He also seems to regularly move teams which is a warning side - could be personality issue that clubs don’t like, could be he quickly loses interest etc.

Don’t know where the Marriott rumour came from but I’d be extremely surprised if he was someone we were after. Aside from this season where he has played 35 odd games he hasn’t had a full season prior to this which I understand has been due to a number of injuries. He also seems to regularly move teams which is a warning side - could be personality issue that clubs don’t like, could be he quickly loses interest etc.
There's better out there.

Agree with several others & believed for some time now, we are a big fish in non league football & players for most non league clubs would give their right arm to play for us.

Go poach the best players we have seen against us this season ?

Agree with several others & believed for some time now, we are a big fish in non league football & players for most non league clubs would give their right arm to play for us.

Go poach the best players we have seen against us this season ?

How are we going to poach players from Stockport or Wrexham?

Even the likes of Bush or Cheek a Bromley can aim higher that us if that want a move. Its going to be NLS and below for poaching and just like the lads signed after Christmas they will be a work in progress.

Its the quality of the loans that will decide where we finish next season. The good news is that loans were overall a success, so lets use that to push on.

Even the likes of Bush or Cheek a Bromley can aim higher that us if that want a move. Its going to be NLS and below for poaching and just like the lads signed after Christmas they will be a work in progress.

Its the quality of the loans that will decide where we finish next season. The good news is that loans were overall a success, so lets use that to push on.
They won’t get an better chance to play in front of massive away fans, which is more than their home crowds, if we was in top 7 this season, our last 5 home games would easily get over 8k.

I think we can sign other players from within the division - not just from the division below.

As Mr Mouse says there are a number of reasons why playing for Southend United would be desirable.

In addition, having Stan - an ex-England international (who has played for some top teams in this country) and has a reputation for exciting play & goals - come and talk to a player would be a very big thing if it were me.

I agree the quality of Loans has in the main been pretty good and better than our usual performance in this area and you can have UP to NINE in a season which seems extraordinary and I hope we can do well here again thanks to the current set up at last

However equally Im delighted that we have signed the likes of Wood, Cardwell, Dalby, Powell, Husin and Kensdale from this league or below, looking to the future as well , plus add in Murphy and Hobson and Arnold , long may it continue, average age just under 25 and that includes the 2 old boys

Didn't we have a player (Easton?) that Sturrock signed that left to go non-league with Crawley a few years back.

It's probably not that relevant but I thought I would mention it.

Didn't we have a player (Easton?) that Sturrock signed that left to go non-league with Crawley a few years back.

It's probably not that relevant but I thought I would mention it.
Josh Simpson?

When we were in L1 Carl Beeston left us to go play non-league. He was in the first XI at the time albeit I don’t think n we’d given him a contract.

Reactions: GBJ
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back