• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nathan Ralph

Some good news in the Echo today, Nathan Ralph has resumed full training on grass this week. Maher has not yet decided whether he will be ready for Torquay this Sunday. I'll settle for him being out there and building himself up again. Next step is agreeing a new contract. He's an absolute must to be re-signed in my view.

Those that follow the kit man on Instagram will see Ralph training today, along with Benton & Oli Coker.

I like Nathan, yes he's sunk down the leagues with us and has his injury problems. On the whole though he is a definite asset, as seen by his inclusion In the England C team. He's experienced, quick and for his size has an incredible leap. Be brilliant if he stays for at least another year but if he went It would be with my best wishes

Well he definitely played in the FA Trophy away at Daggers. We lost 0-2 and he got MoM. Truthfully, we could argue stats forever more, but you either want him to stay or you don't. Me, I'm firmly in the 'Stay' camp so there is no argument to the contrary that will influence my view unless he does sign for another club.
Didn't he score in a cup match this season?

An easy one for management. Those injuries in previous seasons have taken nothing away from him and you’d be essentially losing one of your best players over a quad strain that he’s already over.

ps You might want to have a look at the line-up soccerbase says we fielded v Chertsey and in the Trophy before quoting their cup stats.
I know the line-ups, but the stat will be 50 games and 29 performances, forgot Daggers and Chertsey games - and this was a good season.
I like the player, but his injury record is what it is.

Well he definitely played in the FA Trophy away at Daggers. We lost 0-2 and he got MoM. Truthfully, we could argue stats forever more, but you either want him to stay or you don't. Me, I'm firmly in the 'Stay' camp so there is no argument to the contrary that will influence my view unless he does sign for another club.
I don't think you can argue stats. They are facts.
The debate is whether we want him to stay or consider a replacement?
Personally, I would love a fit Nathan Ralph to stay. But 'fit' is the key.

Nothing alike. We have an option on Ralph for next season.

True but it would ridiculous to make a player stay when he has the chance to play league football.

I've heard that several clubs have sounded him out and I expect him to be a league player next season. I hope I'm wrong and he decides to stay as I think he is a good player on his day.

I would imagine we will activate the option if we haven't already. Then as with Elvis its up to an EFL club to rate him enough to pay a fee. And for us to agree it.

If the right opportunity comes along then he may well go. Obviously better if he didn't but happens all the time.

No point comparing with Elvis- and I don't think Nathan would even countenance such an outcome - after his injuries he desperately wants to be playing.

I would imagine we will activate the option if we haven't already. Then as with Elvis its up to an EFL club to rate him enough to pay a fee. And for us to agree it.

If the right opportunity comes along then he may well go. Obviously better if he didn't but happens all the time.

No point comparing with Elvis- and I don't think Nathan would even countenance such an outcome - after his injuries he desperately wants to be playing.

I don't see the point in activating the contract of a player if he has the desire to move on.

Especially one that is 29

Elvis was under 24 and we were due some money.

I don't see the point in activating the contract of a player if he has the desire to move on.

Money. As simple as that. Activating the contract commands a fee for the buying club. But I’m guessing you know that. And yeah it could and probably would demotivate the player. But if the player is going to leave anyway a lot of the time clubs won’t care about that.

Not saying I agree with that approach though.

If he is under contract then we can demand a fee.

Back