• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBC Essex’s Fans Football Phone-In with Stan

Not much of a phone in 10 minutes late starting then we had travel news advert for Eurovision Song Contest then about 4 questions. Just sounds like other seasons all depends on chairmen Ron’s budget ( he still the main man ) no mention of his son being involved.

Always good to listen. Understandable that he has to keep his cards close to his chest on certain issues but everything he says is so positive. The culture around the club is so vital, and it is something that has been missing for years. People haven't been treated well and word gets around. With the caveat that whenever Ron is involved it will be an uphill task, it sounds like this is a real focus of Stan's.

I also believe that we will hit the ground running in terms of recruitment and that has been another area which has been shambolic for several years. We are where we are not because we had a bad 20/21, it had been coming for years.

Stan is a real football man, great to listen to, and we have much to thank him for.

Not much of a phone in 10 minutes late starting then we had travel news advert for Eurovision Song Contest then about 4 questions. Just sounds like other seasons all depends on chairmen Ron’s budget ( he still the main man ) no mention of his son being involved.
His son is involved with the property/stadium development not the running of the football club

I only caught some of what was said.
Did I hear correctly that they are waiting for Ron to confirm what the playing budget will be for next season?
Hugely positive from Stan as always. It gives me confidence knowing he is playing such a pivotal role at the club. The whole atmosphere around the club seems so much more positive. The behind the scenes videos are proof of that. Long may it continue.

Did I hear correctly that they are waiting for Ron to confirm what the playing budget will be for next season?
Hugely positive from Stan as always. It gives me confidence knowing he is playing such a pivotal role at the club. The whole atmosphere around the club seems so much more positive. The behind the scenes videos are proof of that. Long may it continue.
This is the problem isn't it. Ron is still there and is still Ron. I doubt Ron even knows his budget for next season, he flies by the seat of his pants and I doubt he even knows what he can spend down Starbucks in the morning.

I'd imagine they have a budget in mind but may need costs from group to support the club through the season due to ticket season ticket sales being less than expected (possibly) It would therefore fall to group (Ron and his companies) to make up the shortfall.

Stan is the epitome of enthusiasm for football and this club

They are waiting to hear if they are shopping in Waitrose or Lidl this summer, in a nutshell.

Thought he said that they would be looking at a similar budget to this season so again would be one of the top/bigger budgets in the league. He went onto say it’s about getting promoted within the next season or two, not interested in consolidation etc, it’s about here and now and getting the club back in the league at the earliest opportunity, although that does sound common sense really

His son is involved with the property/stadium development not the running of the football club
Hi I thought his son was more involved with the
Football side didn’t know it was just new stadium, but with Ron still signing the cheques there was no mention of our dear chairman facing a serious court case and possible prison sentence . How does that fit into stan’s five year plan still worry about our future with chairman Ron still the main money man .

Hi I thought his son was more involved with the
Football side didn’t know it was just new stadium, but with Ron still signing the cheques there was no mention of our dear chairman facing a serious court case and possible prison sentence . How does that fit into stan’s five year plan still worry about our future with chairman Ron still the main money man .
You really wouldn't expect that to be discussed by Stan in a public debate would you? Stan was there as a Club employee so he had to speak with that in mind.

You really wouldn't expect that to be discussed by Stan in a public debate would you? Stan was there as a Club employee so he had to speak with that in mind.
take your point but it doesn`t alter the fact that ron martin is the main money man and he might not be around for some time so who would be controlling the money side of things there can`t be many chairman running a football club from inside HMP belmarsh ,

take your point but it doesn`t alter the fact that ron martin is the main money man and he might not be around for some time so who would be controlling the money side of things there can`t be many chairman running a football club from inside HMP belmarsh ,
Are you confusing 'running' a football club with 'financing/bankrolling' one? We have, what seems to be, a very capable and hard working CEO for the former already.

Did Stan get back to the question about monthly meetings? I did raise it before he came on but then he came on and answered my question about his personal targets. (I did hope to ask a follow up on his hanging around for FF and how long does he think he's got, but never mind)

Did Stan get back to the question about monthly meetings? I did raise it before he came on but then he came on and answered my question about his personal targets. (I did hope to ask a follow up on his hanging around for FF and how long does he think he's got, but never mind)
Yeah he said right at the end that monthly supporters meetings would be happening next season.

Back