• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Steve Arnold saves the best until last.

Even our most critical goal keepers expert Wiggy, will have to agree it's fully deserved. And of course big Steve will crown it off with the clubs POTS. So glad he appreciates the love from the fans, and that the fans have at last a goal keeper that is just a good all round keeper, and a keeper you can rely on. Luckily for us he's playing the form of his career, and he will be staying according to him on the Glenn Pennyfather show, and he can't wait for the promotion push next season.

Absolutely lovely guy too. Very humble.

Other titbits from last night:

* Harry Cardwell is in an air boot due to his ankle. Needs an operation but should be back for preseason training.

* Squad tour to either Scotland or Ireland in pre season being discussed.

* Squad retention meetings with the squad being held Monday and Tuesday.

* Amazingly the coaching team have a near fully fit squad to pick from. Who’d have thunk it?

* None of the players or coaching staff carry cash so couldn’t sell them raffle tickets.

* Danny Heath has had a chat with Kev about potentially taking over the B team. He’s a massive Southend fan too (first game in 1988 when he was 2).

* John White asks everyone if they can support his testimonial. He’s a great guy.

* Nearly forgot - the club is actively trying to sign Kacsper Lapota. This is not a wind up. Throwing everything at this to try and get it over the line.

Absolutely lovely guy too. Very humble.

Other titbits from last night:

* Harry Cardwell is in an air boot due to his ankle. Needs an operation but should be back for preseason training.

* Squad tour to either Scotland or Ireland in pre season being discussed.

* Squad retention meetings with the squad being held Monday and Tuesday.

* Amazingly the coaching team have a near fully fit squad to pick from. Who’d have thunk it?

* None of the players or coaching staff carry cash so couldn’t sell them raffle tickets.

* Danny Heath has had a chat with Kev about potentially taking over the B team. He’s a massive Southend fan too (first game in 1988 when he was 2).

* John White asks everyone if they can support his testimonial. He’s a great guy.

* Nearly forgot - the club is actively trying to sign Kacsper Lapota. This is not a wind up. Throwing everything at this to try and get it over the line.
Would be lovely start to the summer transfer window if lapota resigned.

I would have to question his ambition.
Why so?

He's 20 years old with still a hell of a lot to prove, sure he may have proven that for us, but what's to say that he may get sent to a League 1 or 2 club where he could potentially struggle? I think a year or 2 of really proving his worth for us, even potentially becoming the youngest captain for us ever maybe? (That might be a push but also would not be surprised), some players ambitions are to be at one single club for a long period of time to see how much the can be an impact and climb at the leagues with that team.

Never say never.

Why so?

He's 20 years old with still a hell of a lot to prove, sure he may have proven that for us, but what's to say that he may get sent to a League 1 or 2 club where he could potentially struggle? I think a year or 2 of really proving his worth for us, even potentially becoming the youngest captain for us ever maybe? (That might be a push but also would not be surprised), some players ambitions are to be at one single club for a long period of time to see how much the can be an impact and climb at the leagues with that team.

Never say never.
Having read many of Cyril’s posts over the years I’d suggest his comment was very tongue-in-cheek..

Having read many of Cyril’s posts over the years I’d suggest his comment was very tongue-in-cheek..
That’s fair if so, I don’t take much notice to who it is and how they post, I just see and reply ?

The Southend United first-team and under-18 squads joined Shrimpers Trust members at Roots Hall on Thursday evening for the Trust’s 2021/22 Player of the Year Awards.

The big winner was Steve Arnold, who scooped two of the three first-team prizes on offer. The goalkeeper, who has impressed throughout his first season with the club, was voted the Shrimpers Trust Player of the Year, as voted by Trust members, and the Junior Blues Player of the Year, voted by our under-16 members.

Rob Craven's report can be found here

A full set of pictures from the evening can be found here

05-stgroup.jpg

I'm sure it was.

However, always remember that players want to play. If the Big Pole went to a L1 or L2 team there is no guarantee he would play. If he signed for us, he would. It could come down to that especially if the Three Amigos get the players in they want and we pushed for promotion. All players want at least one promotion or cup or title on their record when they retire, doesn't matter what level they play at.

I'm sure it was.

However, always remember that players want to play. If the Big Pole went to a L1 or L2 team there is no guarantee he would play. If he signed for us, he would. It could come down to that especially if the Three Amigos get the players in they want and we pushed for promotion. All players want at least one promotion or cup or title on their record when they retire, doesn't matter what level they play at.
Great post. Id make him captain as well, absolute born leader

I would go for both lopata and Neil next season,but it would be Neil if any for captain dint he captain sheff Utd u23 title winning team which lopata played in?Also if you watch him on the field always talking and getting people motivated.Both still very young to be captain.

Back