• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBC Essex’s Fans Football Phone-In with Stan

take your point but it doesn`t alter the fact that ron martin is the main money man and he might not be around for some time so who would be controlling the money side of things there can`t be many chairman running a football club from inside HMP belmarsh ,
Look at Chelsea: they are still operating despite their owner being sanctioned and not allowed in Britain.

Businesses are generally run by the CEO, which we thank God (well Stan actually) once more have.

Our funding remains perilous regardless of Ron’s legal case.

Look at Chelsea: they are still operating despite their owner being sanctioned and not allowed in Britain.

Businesses are generally run by the CEO, which we thank God (well Stan actually) once more have.

Our funding remains perilous regardless of Ron’s legal case.
The two-tier system of football. Chelsea are bankrolled, success bought, with dodgy money and should at the very least be relegated. Southend could do far less improperly and be turfed out of every league from here to Christendom.

Back to topic. I listened to the interview and heard nothing new. Usual enthusiasm but little substance. Probably at this stage of the season there is little substance the club would like to reveal.

Glad to hear there appears to be unity and happiness in camp Blues. The 'we will have the same budget as last year' is open to interpretation. Will we be able to spend the budget early or wait for the traditional embargo to be lifted? Confidence in Blues finances is a commodity in short supply.

We certainly appear to have the ingredients for success but I will have the Rennies to hand for the ensuing indigestion.

Although brief I took a few positives from that

I believe we will have at least the same budget and maybe more. Stan referred to a competitive budget as this year ,with it maybe in the top 4 or 5 or 10, I think he said, although emphasising its competitiveness

Although it helps a lot, we know from experience that having a high budget does not always work, and teams living on a shoestring much shorter than ours can gain promotion, as other factors come into play

As the 3 Amigos, Stan and Co started to bring in a crop of decent players, some for whom we actually paid a fee, even if it was modest, we asked where the money came from? One response was that we had secured more sponsoring and this helped with the funding

Good news point 2 was Stan alluding to this and mentioning a couple of further ? Significant deals which he could not yet announce, I guess it helps to have a multi Millionaire Owner, which we havent got, but with Toms help and others it does look like we are building a tranche of extra Sponsors.

"Many small acorns make mighty forest " /Chinese proverb?

Thirdly I was delighted to hear Stan comment on his admiration for the Brentford model, aspects of which we are clearly starting to implement and something many of us have been calling out for for years

Aspects of some of Brentford Model.....

Use Data to find best under the radar leagues where players perform better than people realise, including on the continent if needs be
Pluck talent from lower leagues and include underachievers and some with a manageable problem if needs be." Too many clubs focus on players playing well for that season, but potential of whispering talents is better way forward "
Average age of Team 24.5
Pick up a number of London Prem Clubs academy rejects
4th Lowest budget in Championship when pushing for promotion based on Data use
Abandoned Academy in favour of globetrotting B Team
Restarted strong cultural connection with fans and Communications and engagement
Fiercely determined to find young hungry players
Bread and Butter success and development of club based on SELLING on Talent ( £100m made in ten years from player sell ons, rather than hospitality
"Most clubs spend 2% of their time on recruitment and then have to spend 75% of their time trying to manage them"
Data analytics, high usage, including influencing half time changes and strategies, use Maths strongly to evaluate performance
Identify undervalued talent, develop them, then sell on, each time building more value and a stronger squad

Please note no emphasis on loanees ? However I dont agree with that

" An example for any club with limited resources to consider" ??

Aspects of some of Brentford Model.....

Use Data to find best under the radar leagues where players perform better than people realise, including on the continent if needs be
Pluck talent from lower leagues and include underachievers and some with a manageable problem if needs be." Too many clubs focus on players playing well for that season, but potential of whispering talents is better way forward "
Average age of Team 24.5
Pick up a number of London Prem Clubs academy rejects
4th Lowest budget in Championship when pushing for promotion based on Data use
Abandoned Academy in favour of globetrotting B Team
Restarted strong cultural connection with fans and Communications and engagement
Fiercely determined to find young hungry players
Bread and Butter success and development of club based on SELLING on Talent ( £100m made in ten years from player sell ons, rather than hospitality
"Most clubs spend 2% of their time on recruitment and then have to spend 75% of their time trying to manage them"
Data analytics, high usage, including influencing half time changes and strategies, use Maths strongly to evaluate performance
Identify undervalued talent, develop them, then sell on, each time building more value and a stronger squad

Please note no emphasis on loanees ? However I dont agree with that

" An example for any club with limited resources to consider" ??

If it was that simple everyone would be doing it.

Let's see what he does after being put on the spot about playing in the Chris Barker game! :Winking2:

Would love to see him come up against Bilel!
Alas, I won't be there on the day because of longstanding commitments that I just can't move but did try to.

I hope everyone has a wondergsy day and lots of money will be raised for wonderful causes.

I will be amplifying the message to buy tickets on my socials next week .

In life as in sport, things always change, and, success will always have imitators. The concept of using statistics to find 'undervalued' players was pioneered in Baseball.
Before very long more than one club was using these methods, and, lo and behold, before very long the same players were being identified by more than one organisation. This had the effect of driving up the price of the group that these methods were identifying so it was no longer clear cut as to whether these players were 'undervalued' any longer.
The price of any football player in the marketplace is driven by how many clubs wish to sign him. Identifying talent is one thing but being able to sign them in the face of competition is another matter entirely.
I would also have no doubt that Brentford method was more effective when they had no imitators.

I love stan and what hes done for our club has been nothing short of miraculous but all what he said is irrelevant if Our mate ron doesent support him and give him the budget required for players in the A category.

Alas, I won't be there on the day because of longstanding commitments that I just can't move but did try to.

I hope everyone has a wondergsy day and lots of money will be raised for wonderful causes.

I will be amplifying the message to buy tickets on my socials next week .

Thank you Stan - not sure what "wondergsy" was supposed to mean but hopefully it's good, lol!

If you can help, we are still trying to get hold of John Barnes, who was Chris' favourite player to see if he can help promote or just speak with Chris Phillips.

Back