• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Elvis Bwomono

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people will find any excuse to say it’s Ron’s fault. Quite frankly if Elvis was seriously good any club would have made an offer commensurate with his ability.

Plenty of players have gone and plenty have come in funded, whether you like it or not, ultimately by Ron.

There is much more to this story that we will probably never know however I refuse to believe RM was vindictive enough to prevent career progression and I’m speculating that either Elvis or his agent were either either stubborn, stupid or had an inflated belief of his true worth and potential.

Had there been no fee involved Elvis would surely have attracted interest from somewhere,
The fact that seemingly only one club were interested (Orient) suggests he may have been overvalued by the formula used to set the compensation. He made no less than116 appearances for Southend but this was at a time when we were both weak and results dire.
The number of games he played may have been more a result of the lack of competition for first team places than a sign of his ability.
I would guess that the formula used to calculate his fee did not reflect his unique circumstances and saw him overvalued by some margin.
But I am just guessing.
There are two sides to every story and I am not sure he has ever put forward his version of events. Until I know more I am reluctant to condemn him.
I do know that when I saw him play for Southend he always seemed to give his best, and, never allowed his head to drop. Whatever deficiencies he may have had as a player a bad attitude was not one of them.
Him leaving us in these circumstances is obviously sad and unsatisfactory. I have no idea whether the club bear any responsibility for this or not, and, if so how much. However, he should not have been publicly slagged off by Stan the way he when the phrase 'lacks ambition' was used.
His 116 appearances surely entitle him to more respect than that.

Elvis clearly didn't fancy the rough and tumble of the national league. My guess would be he had his heart set on efl football and would of got that if orient payed the required fee. Its Elvis fault he hasn't kicked ball in year and will have to go abroad to get his career back on track. Iceland Premier league is worse than national league, my money would be on Elvis being back in the UK within couple of months.

Had there been no fee involved Elvis would surely have attracted interest from somewhere,
The fact that seemingly only one club were interested (Orient) suggests he may have been overvalued by the formula used to set the compensation. He made no less than116 appearances for Southend but this was at a time when we were both weak and results dire.
The number of games he played may have been more a result of the lack of competition for first team places than a sign of his ability.
I would guess that the formula used to calculate his fee did not reflect his unique circumstances and saw him overvalued by some margin.
But I am just guessing.
There are two sides to every story and I am not sure he has ever put forward his version of events. Until I know more I am reluctant to condemn him.
I do know that when I saw him play for Southend he always seemed to give his best, and, never allowed his head to drop. Whatever deficiencies he may have had as a player a bad attitude was not one of them.
Him leaving us in these circumstances is obviously sad and unsatisfactory. I have no idea whether the club bear any responsibility for this or not, and, if so how much. However, he should not have been publicly slagged off by Stan the way he when the phrase 'lacks ambition' was used.
His 116 appearances surely entitle him to more respect than that.
But like you say yourself there are two sides to every story, Stan I would like to assume is more in the know in the situation than me or you and thus has given his/clubs view

Seems like we should have accepted a cut price offer, we were never going to get what we wanted for him and it's meant neither party is happy. Elvis has ended up moving abroad to someone probably below his level and we've ended up with nothing because we weren't willing to negotiate with an English club.

Seems like we should have accepted a cut price offer, we were never going to get what we wanted for him and it's meant neither party is happy. Elvis has ended up moving abroad to someone probably below his level and we've ended up with nothing because we weren't willing to negotiate with an English club.

If us and the buying Club weren’t able to agree a fee, which is normal in these circumstances, it would have gone to a tribunal.

Simple fact was Orient thought they could have us over a barrel and skip around the fee, and we stood firm. They moved onto other players, and Elvis didn’t want to play for us.

Elvis has my full support ..

Hopefully the year off will have given his body some time to recover and he can get back on track ,,,

Playing full season(s) of professional football at a young age (u23) can shorten your career - ask Frank Moussa

Elvis has my full support ..

Hopefully the year off will have given his body some time to recover and he can get back on track ,,,

Playing full season(s) of professional football at a young age (u23) can shorten your career - ask Frank Moussa
I actually agree with this and don’t thin k it’s the end of the world for Elvis. He’s 23 not 33 and missed less football than Lewis Gard through injury…..

You’re all doing the Icelandic league a disservice too. I’ve spent some time in Finland and the standard of these countries too divisions is technically very good and way above National league and even league 2 in terms of tactical and technical. Plus the facilities will be top draw.

He’ll play good football and experience a wonderful time personally in a different culture where footballers are idolized in the local areas.

He’ll com whack to the UK in January or whenever their off season is and get a deal here. Who knows his Icelandic team may even get a fee.

If us and the buying Club weren’t able to agree a fee, which is normal in these circumstances, it would have gone to a tribunal.

Simple fact was Orient thought they could have us over a barrel and skip around the fee, and we stood firm. They moved onto other players, and Elvis didn’t want to play for us.
Is this not the sunk cost fallacy though? Yes we put a lot of effort into developing him but if no one else was willing to pay what we wanted why not accept he isn't worth what a tribunal would award us and look to sell him for at least some money rather than nothing?

Is this not the sunk cost fallacy though? Yes we put a lot of effort into developing him but if no one else was willing to pay what we wanted why not accept he isn't worth what a tribunal would award us and look to sell him for at least some money rather than nothing?

We would have been happy for it to go to a tribunal. Orient weren’t interested in paying anything for Elvis, and no one else was really sniffing around.

I don’t actually rate the kid, think he had an easier ride because he was “one of our own” as opposed to a signing, but I could see him back in these shores when their season ends.

He would have worked his way around any potential fee hampering his move, and he gets himself an EFL Club potentially. It all depends on how he does out there, he has been doing his own training, he is quite naturally fit, but will be miles off the pace in terms of match sharpness etc. it’s down to him to knuckle down and earn his move back to this country.

I have no sympathy for him if it doesn’t work out for him.

Personally i think either Elvis or his manager ,maybe both are thick in the head ,here he would have had good coaching ,plus 1st team football ,i have no sympathy for him or his agent sorry .

I actually agree with this and don’t thin k it’s the end of the world for Elvis. He’s 23 not 33 and missed less football than Lewis Gard through injury…..

You’re all doing the Icelandic league a disservice too. I’ve spent some time in Finland and the standard of these countries too divisions is technically very good and way above National league and even league 2 in terms of tactical and technical. Plus the facilities will be top draw.

He’ll play good football and experience a wonderful time personally in a different culture where footballers are idolized in the local areas.

He’ll com whack to the UK in January or whenever their off season is and get a deal here. Who knows his Icelandic team may even get a fee.
Finland is a three and a half hour flight (and 1500 miles) from Iceland so I'm not sure how relevant that is.

Someone help me here. It seems to me Ron is getting a bit of greaf from some posters on here. Isn't this a Bosman rulling set by the FA? It has nothing to do with Ron at all. If a club wants to contest a transfer fee (under the Bosman rulling), they can do so and a panel would decide.

The fact is, no one fancied signing him, end of, nothing to do with Ron.

If you want to blame anyone, blame his agent and Elvis for being a total bell end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back