• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2022-23 Season Cards - credit card sales now open on OS

Each to their own, but Dartford is a cracking little away day. Nice little ground, decent facilities, an oddball fan base just begging to be brought down a peg or two… and more importantly just a 10 minute drive from sunny Grays.

What more could anyone ask for ?‍♂️
We played Maidstone at Dartford in 1989?
Paul Brush scored the second best own goal I've ever seen which I've reminded him of recently.

Each to their own, but Dartford is a cracking little away day. Nice little ground, decent facilities, an oddball fan base just begging to be brought down a peg or two… and more importantly just a 10 minute drive from sunny Grays.

What more could anyone ask for ?‍♂️
Sounds like another Dagnam. Great.

Sounds like another Dagnam. Great.
Yep, not sounding that great to me.

As previously mentioned it will be full of self entitled day trippers making their 1 away game of the season.

Add to that a low allocation and over zealous stewards and policing and you have yourselves a tragedy.

No thanks.

Hopefully they stay down as well as Dorking.

As previously mentioned it will be full of self entitled day trippers making their 1 away game of the season.

Add to that a low allocation and over zealous stewards and policing and you have yourselves a tragedy.

No thanks.

Day trippers hahaha do we have to all be going for a weekend away to get your approval??

It’s non league football, anyone only going to even 1 or 2 away games shouldn’t be being called self entitled

Day trippers hahaha do we have to all be going for a weekend away to get your approval??

It’s non league football, anyone only going to even 1 or 2 away games shouldn’t be being called self entitled

Now that I agree with. Doesn't matter how many away games you go to - however, the point of teenagers (usually boys) getting drunk on the train beforehand and causing trouble is a problem. We need to police ourselves and behave...

No thanks.

Wow. Move on mate.

Yes it has.

It was included from the very first announcement of season card prices.

The club said that due to Covid the credit card companies only released money after the games had been played, which means no money for the club until August and then only drip-fed.

My understanding is you’re charged interest from day of withdrawal as opposed to card payments when you only get charged interest from the day of the bill.

More generally borrowing on credit cards is generally a terrible idea which will just get you into a greater debt spiral. Please don’t buy a Southend season card on your credit card unless (a) you repay your bill in full every month; or (b) you have a 0% deal in which case you should pay it off in full as soon as that introductory offer expires. I appreciate times are tough due to inflation but season cards are still going to be available in August, most probably at the same price. Don’t put yourself in (more) debt, particularly when you have several months to try and save up and do it without incurring interest.

It’s too late for Southend United to escape debt problems but there may be time for Zoners to learn the lessons the club is only just embracing!

You’re Martin Lewis and I claim my £5!

We’ll be going to Victoria Road as a footballing powerhouse next term. It’ll be far more enjoyable, promise ?
Presuming they don’t back door it after Chesterfields collapse of course. Would like to get back to Daggers next season and restore some normality.

Reactions: GBJ

No thanks.

How self entitled are you I go 2-3 a season so what does that make me less a fan

How self entitled are you I go 2-3 a season so what does that make me less a fan
Anyone who watches Southend whether it be 1 game a season or every game can hardly be called a “glory supporter”. The more fans we have attending..the better..IMO. Rather they attend our games than West Ham or Spurs. Even if that’s their “first” team. It’s cash at the turnstiles. They might come back and bring others. Don’t get this fan snobbery bull****.

I've just read we already sold 1,800 season tickets for next season

Quite impressive I'd say

I thought that number was quite low tbh. I'm sure that number is down on last year and with the club not taking anything other than cash, its definitely stopping a lot of people renewing.

I really hope we have 3500-4000 season ticket holders by the start of next season but can't see it at the moment.

I thought that number was quite low tbh. I'm sure that number is down on last year and with the club not taking anything other than cash, its definitely stopping a lot of people renewing.

I really hope we have 3500-4000 season ticket holders by the start of next season but can't see it at the moment.
We sold around 3,300 this season. So a way to go for sure.

I can't renew at the moment too cash strapped to pay up front. Sure I'm not the only one.

I think the club should announce when people can pay by card, I know it made complete sense to get some cash in to cover the close season but if they are not careful they will miss out on a lot of fans buying season tickets.

Hanging in there for the last drop of cash could well effect the sales next year. I know they are drip fed from the CC companies but that is better than a total loss and the fans should know whats happening.

Last edited:
Back