• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Football Manager 22

Recently got a new laptop so have of course have downloaded the game. I’m going to start a save with us today and interested to know what kind of formation, tactic you all used, especially in the first season
Using 3-4-3, 3-5-2 and 5-2-1-2-as I've gone higher in the leagues leaned more on the 5-2-1-2.

Season 29/30 and first season back in the Championship for two seasons and13 games gone, 19th and 12 points, gonna be a tough one!

Using 3-4-3, 3-5-2 and 5-2-1-2-as I've gone higher in the leagues leaned more on the 5-2-1-2.

Season 29/30 and first season back in the Championship for two seasons and13 games gone, 19th and 12 points, gonna be a tough one!

I am in favour of the 5-2-1-2 system myself.. it gives you two men up top, a creative midfielder and width. Very solid tactic. Did you get rid of the wingers at the club or attempt to retain them as wing backs?

I am in favour of the 5-2-1-2 system myself.. it gives you two men up top, a creative midfielder and width. Very solid tactic. Did you get rid of the wingers at the club or attempt to retain them as wing backs?
I got rid of the wingers and wide midfielders and got players who were primarily wing backs.

I got rid of the wingers and wide midfielders and got players who were primarily wing backs.

Fair enough. I tend to start with the first transfer window switched off so it makes it hard to sell people straight away and as of yet, ANG isn’t taking to rwb at all!

I have however signed a lad from Fulham, Tyrese Francois to play in a flat middle 3 as an mezzala. The young lad has 5 goals, 3 assists in 7 games so far. Turning out to be a real find.

I took Southend United all the way to the Premier League within 5 seasons, my first season in the Premier League I got sacked by Ron after missing out on safety by 1 point (even though normally that wouldn't happen due to overperforming) due to apparently the squad being good enough to stay up (it wasn't because of the budget).

So I was looking for a new job and I really couldn't be bothered with a rebuild at another club in the Championship, and no clubs were accepting me in the Premier League because of my reputation being low, but somehow by miracle I managed to get a job at Serie A champions AC Milan because their manager went to Man City, and I'm currently unbeaten in all competitions in March, what a story and career ?

I can post screenshots if anyone is interested on the teams, players, etc that I had. ?

I took Southend United all the way to the Premier League within 5 seasons, my first season in the Premier League I got sacked by Ron after missing out on safety by 1 point (even though normally that wouldn't happen due to overperforming) due to apparently the squad being good enough to stay up (it wasn't because of the budget).

So I was looking for a new job and I really couldn't be bothered with a rebuild at another club in the Championship, and no clubs were accepting me in the Premier League because of my reputation being low, but somehow by miracle I managed to get a job at Serie A champions AC Milan because their manager went to Man City, and I'm currently unbeaten in all competitions in March, what a story and career ?

I can post screenshots if anyone is interested on the teams, players, etc that I had. ?

That’s an incredible rise! I’d very much like to see how you lined up in the championship, leagues one and two as I’m on the verge of promotion to the football league in season one myself.

Here's my line up I have just survived in the Championship after reaching it for the second time if it is any use?

View attachment 20611

Very solid looking indeed. I play a slightly different system though. Still 3 at the back but instead of having a #10 (purely because a) I can’t seem to get them to work and b) other than Phillips and Wood, there isn’t really anyone to play that role) I have two wingers with a lone striker. I say wingers, one (Matt Dennis) is a inside forward and the other (Bridge and Powell) as inverted wingers.

That’s an incredible rise! I’d very much like to see how you lined up in the championship, leagues one and two as I’m on the verge of promotion to the football league in season one myself.
When I get home, hopefully I'll remember to post some screenshots of my teams throughout the years, you'll realise that a few came through the ranks with me and were consistent each and every season too.

When I get home, hopefully I'll remember to post some screenshots of my teams throughout the years, you'll realise that a few came through the ranks with me and were consistent each and every season too.
@MisterStubbs

This was my second season, my promotion winning squad with a record points haul in the NL of 116 points.
1654016929820.png

This was my first season in League 2 - which I got promoted from first time round as Champions.

1654017040495.png

This was my first season in League 1 - which I also got promoted first time in as Champions again.

1654017100281.png

As you can see, a few players stuck from the start and the NL winning squad, George Alexander being the main one with the biggest impact (he was still there when I was sacked in the Prem).

Let me know if you want more screenshots or specific stats of players.

Just got us promoted in my first season.

Did it the hard way by coming 7th then winning against Notts Co, Stockport and Aldershot (!)

Dalby top scored for me with 17 goals Inc a hat trick in a 5-2 win against the Daggers

Now to get my team ready for League 2 football

Back to back promotions with us clinching the title on the last day with an 8-3 win over Cheltenham!

Think League 1 is going to be a real test - going to need to make some shrewd signings. However Ron has given me £1.7m to spend (really!)

Managed to extend Dennis' contract for a 3rd season but could do with a commanding keeper for the new season

If you can get him, Lennart Moser from union berlin, cost me £50k and has been my No. 1 for 6 seasons and is now worth £6.2m to £7.8m.
He chose Leipzig over me :Thumbs down:

Anyway I am sitting top of League 1 with Mitov from Cambridge in goal.

Just been beaten in the FA Cup by Liverpool 4-1 and have turned down the Bristol City job - who are in the Prem now!

Nice one Dan, He's just finishing his 6th season with me and at the moment I am struggling to get him to sign on for another 2/3. There is still hope. lol

Hopefully a top ten finish will persuade him, 4 games to go to achieve it......

1657558658618.png

Nice one Dan, He's just finishing his 6th season with me and at the moment I am struggling to get him to sign on for another 2/3. There is still hope. lol

Hopefully a top ten finish will persuade him, 4 games to go to achieve it......

View attachment 20974
👍 Might try him again in the summer, got a feeling he's gone to Leipzig as 3rd choice keeper so may be tempted by Championship football by then

Back