• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rail strike?

C2c drivers have just had the final year of a 5 year deal pay rise. The potential strike is nothing to do with drivers as you know
I don’t know what the strike is about as I have never been a member of ASLEF

I just thought it might surprise a few people to know that if 2 drivers leave Liverpool Street, the one who ends up at Southend Central earns about £15k more than the one who arrives at Southend Vic….. So i’m told.

C2C drivers earn a lot more than those on Greater Anglia.
That is odd considering GA charge more for tickets than C2C. I must admit I haven't checked lately but this always used to be the case, certainly just before Covid C2C prices were lower than GA

I just thought it might surprise a few people to know that if 2 drivers leave Liverpool Street, the one who ends up at Southend Central earns about £15k more than the one who arrives at Southend Vic….. So i’m told.
The strike has nothing to do with Aslef which is predominantly a drivers only union. It is Rmt who has balloted for it

The strike has nothing to do with Aslef which is predominantly a drivers only union. It is Rmt who has balloted for it
RMT also say drivers' pay is not central issue and it is more on low paid cleaners etc, maintenance staff, ticket office closures.

That’s because apart from certain (and few) scheduled services he’ll need some money to bribe the points controller around Forest Gate to switch lines

RMT also say drivers' pay is not central issue and it is more on low paid cleaners etc, maintenance staff, ticket office closures.
That is correct. This dispute has nothing to do with drivers. As you say its about protecting the lowest paid who haven't had any pay rises for years, and work to atrocious conditions whilst the top managers cream in massive bonus payments

Nice try but as any bigger railway nerd will tell you that connects Fenchurch Street to Stratford and beyond whereas the Forest Gate junction connects the Liverpool Street line to Barking and beyond.

I take my hat off, I haven't got my Quail maps at home.

The Underground strike seems very unpopular and lacking in general empathy from the public and press corp.
I put this as a difference with the Rail network proposed, possible, industrial action, which, rightly or incorrectly assessed, in my solitary, isolated, unknowing, opinion appears to have some reasonable objectives for it's lowest paid, less secure WORKERS.

The Underground strike seems very unpopular and lacking in general empathy from the public and press corp.
I put this as a difference with the Rail network proposed, possible, industrial action, which, rightly or incorrectly assessed, in my solitary, isolated, unknowing, opinion appears to have some reasonable objectives for it's lowest paid, less secure WORKERS.
Easy to have solidarity when you work from home.

Easy to have solidarity when you work from home.

This is one of their biggest gripes. Those who work on the tracks were not furloughed, don't have the comfort of working from home and are out in all weather exposed to C19, were hailed as "heroes in orange" by Shapps, who then told them that huge job cuts were coming, didn't get any form payrise or bonus for 3 years. Andrew Haines has said his £500K a year job is on the line if he doesn't make substantial cuts.

It's going to be a long fight.....IF Shapps is still around after today's Tory vote.

Back