• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Finished the TV version of 12 Monkeys. Apparently the creators had no intention of it being tied to the film when it started but the network forced them to shoehorn the film's story into season 1 to get more viewers and it showed, once they got past the film and were able to do their own thing it was a much, much better show, albeit a bit confusing at times.

Finished watching 'Commando - Britain's Ocean Warriors' on Beeb 2 (available on catch-up). For me, probably the best fly-on-the-wall documentary series I've ever seen in this genre. Cripes, those blokes (and lasses) are exceptionally tough.....

Finished watching 'Commando - Britain's Ocean Warriors' on Beeb 2 (available on catch-up). For me, probably the best fly-on-the-wall documentary series I've ever seen in this genre. Cripes, those blokes (and lasses) are exceptionally tough.....
There is an ex RM pti who lives Ashingdon, about 90, called George, he was part of the modern marines in setting up the training, especially the assault course at Lympstone.
He has stopped running now but he still marshals and sets up the XC course at Plumberow, Hockley for the Southend AC home, winter series races.
Bloke is a legend to those that know him but quiet and unassuming.

Pistol on Disney is entertaining if not totally cheesy. The casting of Chrissie Hynde, Jordan and Viv Westwood is fantastic - Lydon, McLaren and Sid Vicious not so.

I've loved that this evening, Paddington, HM tapping to Queen to open the music, and the spectacle of the whole thing - the sound and lighting guys did an amazing job - and the artists were almost all fantastic. Particularly enjoyed the musical medley. Rod was a disappointment, he really should think about packing it in now. I wondered if Elton should have been there but was too ill to attend?

Thought it odd Ed Sheeran wasn't there - I thought he'd been due to be in it, and also that Gary Barlow didn't play any part.

Did also find it a little odd to close with an American singer but Diana Ross still sounded sublime and looked fabulous.

On to the pageant now tomorrow - what a wonderful few days it's been.

Last edited:
I've loved that this evening, Paddington, HM rapping to Queen to open the music, and the spectacle of the whole thing - the sound and lighting guys did an amazing job - and the artists were almost all fantastic. Particularly enjoyed the musical medley. Rod was a disappointment, he really should think about packing it in now. I wondered if Elton should have been there but was too ill to attend?

Thought it odd Ed Sheeran wasn't there - I thought he'd been due to be in it, and also that Gary Barlow didn't play any part.

Did also find it a little odd to close with an American singer but Diana Ross still sounded sublime and looked fabulous.

Popped it on as background and found myself drawn in. Production quality is top drawer. Well done all those involved for putting on a world-class display for a watching world.

👏

I've loved that this evening, Paddington, HM tapping to Queen to open the music, and the spectacle of the whole thing - the sound and lighting guys did an amazing job - and the artists were almost all fantastic. Particularly enjoyed the musical medley. Rod was a disappointment, he really should think about packing it in now. I wondered if Elton should have been there but was too ill to attend?

He's performing today (apparently).

Dark in some places, lazy sod and pauline's bag.

I'm up to Ep4, very clever how they showed McLaren to be a money-obsessed charlatan despite his supposed "punk" shtick and Matlock as the man who really held it all together. Yes, Bodies is properly dark, agreed.

Pistol on Disney is entertaining if not totally cheesy. The casting of Chrissie Hynde, Jordan and Viv Westwood is fantastic - Lydon, McLaren and Sid Vicious not so.
I have enjoyed the first 3 episodes, I think maybe being a teen age in the 70s helps appreciate the punk revolution more. Rotten is, imo, very good.

Hunted on C4, at times it really annoys me, particularly the liberties the Hunters take, but I was really pleased with those who escaped being hunted.

Back