• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question 2022-23 National League - full team lineup and season predictions

With two midlands/northern clubs (all 6 iirc) involved in play offs and no Wembley it is a mistake also not to use a better geographically placed stadium like at Leeds or Leicester.

Yes, this is true.

Apparently they started looking for a venue in October that could hold 50,000 and that was able to be used at this time.

This is the only one they could find even though the seats have been taken out behind the goals Due to an upcoming concert.

With two midlands/northern clubs (all 6 iirc) involved in play offs and no Wembley it is a mistake also not to use a better geographically placed stadium like at Leeds or Leicester.
To be fair to the National League (not that they deserve much credit). At the time of deciding the location the final could have easily been Notts County V Wrexham (or Stockport, Grimsby, Chesterfield) which would have pulled a much bigger crowd than the 30,000 and 35,000 capacities that Leicester and Leeds have.

You’d have probably been looking at 50,000+ had Solihull or Halifax not made the final which would have limited the venues available. Although anywhere would have been better than West Ham’s ****hole athletics stadium.

@Danshrimper, how about Old Trafford, ManC, Anfield, Villa?
I thought Leeds was 40k?

The FA really don't give FA about lower league clubs or fans.

And why the big prices and SO hard for neutrals to buy tickets?

Once a West Stander always a West Stander. I stood on the North Bank in the early 60's till the nuts dropped and then over to the West, standing middle back and then finally in a seat in T Block. Great view of both goal mouths and only the one stanchion to peep round. Heaven, when the West rocks there is no better place to be. And yeah I'm :Off Topic: but it just had to be said.
Ha! I used to stand in the South back in the day,when it was a proper stand, -never fancied the NB for some reason.Gravitated to the West and always loved it there only left when they put the seats in.These days when I go back to RH I tend to get seats in the East-far fewer stanchions..Par for the course I suppose since my parents used to be season ticket holders there.

Agree with your last point BTW.

@Danshrimper, how about Old Trafford, ManC, Anfield, Villa?
I thought Leeds was 40k?

The FA really don't give FA about lower league clubs or fans.

And why the big prices and SO hard for neutrals to buy tickets?
When we were in the finals at Wembley and Cardiff tickets were only available via the two finalists. Why they can't have a designated area for neutrals for these types of matches is crazy. I wonder what would happen if you turned up at the London Stadium and asked for a match ticket. If they turned you away it would make a mockery of so called customer service.

To be fair to the National League (not that they deserve much credit). At the time of deciding the location the final could have easily been Notts County V Wrexham (or Stockport, Grimsby, Chesterfield) which would have pulled a much bigger crowd than the 30,000 and 35,000 capacities that Leicester and Leeds have.

You’d have probably been looking at 50,000+ had Solihull or Halifax not made the final which would have limited the venues available. Although anywhere would have been better than West Ham’s ****hole athletics stadium.
To be fair it’s a top class athletics stadium. Just rubbish for football.

Shame Southend United never made the playoff final, we taken 35,000 plus to the London Skip ...

No it isn’t. It’s a perfect illustration of how Wrexham are a complete outlier. Do we have a realistic chance of winning the league? No. Wrexham probably will and even if they don’t it won’t be us.

But there aren’t 6 other Wrexhams in the league, so we have a decent enough chance of making the top 7 if we can continue to make good signings.
We can win it

If Southend made the play off final, we probably bring 25k or 30k to West Ham.
Stratford is only 40 miles from Southend , with direct trains ....and only 30 Miles from Wickford ....Southend United FC may be non league these days, but our Potential to attract local supporters is massive.

People say Wrexham is a bigger club , rubbish... before Hollywood turned up they only averaged 3000 to 4000 a few year's back....

IMHO we would taken 35,000 plus

We can win it
I'm inclined to agree with you on this, Wrexham threw money at this season but have a problem at the back and will miss out this season to clubs that have spent far less

I wouldn't be surprised if they changed manager next season if things aren't going well.

I agree the hopes for last season were exaggerated.
I was never in thrall with the signings, although one or two: Arnold and Bridge, for example, proved the exception.
But aiming for the play-offs? Surely, we need to be aiming for automatic promotion? If we end up in the play-offs, so be it.
The money helps, but try telling Wrexham that this morning...

Absolutely no point in setting out to finish in the top six because from day 1 you are accepting second place or worse.

It has to be win at all costs attitude. Top or **** all.

That's me feeling sulky now. Could have been us if the club hierarchy hadn't tried to get through a season with a load of broken middle aged men managed by a man who checked out 5 years ago.

Bollocks.

Back