• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question 2022-23 National League - full team lineup and season predictions

No not Dallas, thought he was ordinary at best. their number 11, Ryan Barnett. Outstanding!

As I said earlier though we have wide right sorted, with a very good player of our own in Rooney.
Barnett looked tidy but no end product and like the whole SM team seemed shot shy, hard working, organised but lacking a sparkle.

The Sky sports app is saying they won too.
The results are provided by a central press agency using an automated system used by the BBC, Sky and others and it is this that triggers the broadcasters website. Therefore it is not down to the broadcasters and they will raise a complaint and get it rectified. As has happened now as attached with the disclaimer there under the score line 😁

Attachments

• 45384C61-F403-419D-AB76-1B5938CA45B7.jpeg
    45384C61-F403-419D-AB76-1B5938CA45B7.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 50
I see Jack Cook has re-signed @ Wealdstone, confirming his job, as previously stated, too big a pull to commit to full time football. Stones have also agreed terms with Ashley Charles.

The results are provided by a central press agency using an automated system used by the BBC, Sky and others and it is this that triggers the broadcasters website. Therefore it is not down to the broadcasters and they will raise a complaint and get it rectified. As has happened now as attached with the disclaimer there under the score line 😁
That's me feeling sulky now. Could have been us if the club hierarchy hadn't tried to get through a season with a load of broken middle aged men managed by a man who checked out 5 years ago.

Bollocks.

Hold fire amigo

Attachments

• B3A2293B-1C64-43E2-BDCD-A3A7E016FEFC.jpeg
    B3A2293B-1C64-43E2-BDCD-A3A7E016FEFC.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 15
I'm inclined to agree with you on this, Wrexham threw money at this season but have a problem at the back and will miss out this season to clubs that have spent far less

I wouldn't be surprised if they changed manager next season if things aren't going well.

Must have done if they thought Harry Lennon was worth signing.

Well done Grimsby.
Give credit where it's due. They started the season 'on fire' & around Oct were top. Then they lost their way somewhat, & i recall one of their fans saying before our game there in Dec, that they put that down to the team being predominantly younger players lacking experience?.
Whilst at that time Wrexham were loitering outside the play off positions. IIRC Stockport weren't exactly firing on all cylinders either back then, & Chesterfield were doing well?.
As Bromley were, when we played them over the Christmas period.
But it's a long season, & for a team to be top of the table throughout, would be imo an amazing feat.

Don’t forget, the guy Stan wanted to bring onboard in recruitment worked for Grimsby during the summer last year…
Given the person in question has posted about his work with Grimsby publicly on LinkedIn now it's probably safe to mention the name?

It was someone I was quite excited about seeing here at the time.

Just looked at BBC website and they have Solihull as 2-1 winners. How pathetic that their sports department can't even get a football result right. Like all of the media they are only interested in Liverpool, Manchester City and the Premier League.
It was just a typo.
Not sure how you figure its down to just covering three clubs?

I don’t think anyone would look at any of Grimsby’s signings from the past 12 months and think blimey, that’s decent. So we should all probably take that into consideration if we feel at all underwhelmed about any business we do this summer. It’s all about getting the right cogs in the right places, but hugely down to getting the right people and personalities in the right places too.

Yep, it's the press association so BBC/Sky aren't to blame for this type of ****-up. I worked at the PA 10 years ago and at that point they basically got in a load of teenage apprentices on a Saturday to work with reporters at each ground to provide the updates that you see if you follow an individual game on the BBC/Sky website. Don't know if it's the same process now.

Really enjoyed the game. Open, end-to-end and for me easily the best of the four play-off finals.

Back