• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2022-23 Season Kit - (H/A)

Not sure I'm interested in what kit we will play in 2032 other than it would be nice we are still going, hopefully with FF not too far away!

Good to see our Commercial team getting active....
That's one thing I've been slightly disappointed in, the fact we haven't thus far attracted any good sponsors. That was one of the things I was hoping Stan could bring to the table. He probably has tried, just probably hard to get companies to work with Ron or for a football club with such a bad reputation.

Nonetheless, with our rep slowly starting to crawl again, I thought there'd be greater interest than in previous years.

That's one thing I've been slightly disappointed in, the fact we haven't thus far attracted any good sponsors. That was one of the things I was hoping Stan could bring to the table. He probably has tried, just probably hard to get companies to work with Ron or for a football club with such a bad reputation.

Nonetheless, with our rep slowly starting to crawl again, I thought there'd be greater interest than in previous years.

Keep your eyes peeled on that….

This is my first post on here since 22 October 2011 (I was moaning about fans booing Blair Sturrock after coming on in a comfortable 4-1 win) - HELLO!

Just wanted to say I feel Macron have had a raw deal this year. Clearly the Macron deal was rushed through with very little preparation time and I feel some of their bespoke kits are actually excellent.

I believe we'll have bespoke this year so looking forward to seeing what it looks like. Excited to see the colour too as I believe as alluded to, the National League have told us we can't wear navy anymore.

This is my first post on here since 22 October 2011 (I was moaning about fans booing Blair Sturrock after coming on in a comfortable 4-1 win) - HELLO!

Just wanted to say I feel Macron have had a raw deal this year. Clearly the Macron deal was rushed through with very little preparation time and I feel some of their bespoke kits are actually excellent.

I believe we'll have bespoke this year so looking forward to seeing what it looks like. Excited to see the colour too as I believe as alluded to, the National League have told us we can't wear navy anymore.

I wish more zoners would restrict their posts to the big issues.

I've been talking to dozens of companies, many of whom want to be involved. The advert is just an extension of that. We'll have some excellent partners with us for the long haul in the coming seasons. Take that to the bank.

Supporters deserve the highest quality of product, 100% of the time, a hobby horse of mine for years now.

If you buy from reputable outlets, anything in fact, you buy into a quality guarantee. That's how popular brands become popular!

In my opinion, and not just in football kit manufacturer (although it's an obvious problem for supporters of all clubs ), there are too many brands thaypip up with venture capital funding, bombard the market with advertising on TV, social and radio, get instant name recognition, which lulls us all into believing they are credible.

Many, as we're seeing across industries, go bump or disappear never to be seen again.

We have a huge and loyal supporter base. My preference (purely personal but has been passed upwards) is our own brand Orkut and leisurewear and merchandise. Big calls like colours, merch that fans want to buy, how long kits are rotated could then be discussed from top to supporters groups , another example of us all coming together , supporting the club but not compromising on quality, our traditions, history or making more money for our club!

Some clubs have been successfull with own brand, sone haven't. Ones that hagebtin my opinion didn't source manufacturing, quality, delivery partners at all well which lead to the myth that own brand doesn't work.

It works if it's done properly. I'm already way down the line in writing up a business proposal in order ( like everything else I'm doing on commercial ) to make sure Southend United is sustainable, proactive and has ducks in a row to meet the future head on.

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer!
Where do you stand on Beaver Sports Stan?

Back