• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Stadium update

Lots of Col U fans including me would go back there in a heartbeat, yes as you say it was a dump but it was our dump and new stadiums just don't feel like that. I know like you it would be difficult to stay at older stadiums that have got run down, but all seater stadiums just don't have the same atmosphere or tradition. I know we make more money from off field stuff and the view is much better but for most old time fans like me this new stadium is a poor imitation of how things used to be.
I'm not familiar with that phrase?

I thought your ground was mainly filled with the cardboard cutouts from covid times

If the club is to be allowed to keep the income from any commercial activities, Asian weddings etc, will this income be enough to cover the rent we would have to pay for the stadium and training ground?

If the club is to be allowed to keep the income from any commercial activities, Asian weddings etc, will this income be enough to cover the rent we would have to pay for the stadium and training ground?
Who are we renting it from if its our own stadium ????

no but according to Chairman Ron we will have a new stadium Rent free as we do rootshall .
With Roots Hall, we are charged rent, but don't actually pay it. It gets added to the debt due to whichever of Ron's companies owns Roots Hall.

Thank you , I was not aware there was an agreement for our use of the new stadium and facilities to be rent free.

2 It has everything to do with SUFC, IMO. He still pulls the strings and we are unaware of any contingency plans should he go inside 3 Are the loans in the clubs name ? I mean, who would lend our club that amount of money when we are £16m+ in debt ? Surely, any loans would be secured against the companies that hold the assets ?
Just to give you a degree of comfort on 2 . The sponsors group at the club are working hard to put a contingency plan in place and we believe that Ron himself has his own contingency plan . So, there should be no shortage of contingency plans should he be banged up . Of course there will be more stadium delay but that is an inevitable outcome.

Back