• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Cricket 2022

What a batting display from Daniel Sam's! 71 runs off 24 balls! Essex made a massive 244

I was there yesterday
Superb, you got to see history. So did we with Essexs highest ever t20 score last night in what was a classic night at fortress Chelmsford, really enjoyable. I was there for the 242 and Napier's record score back in 2008 too. Strangely enough I lived in Hayes close at the time and while I was watching the game I got loads of texts saying "I'm watching on sky and bumble has just jumped in your garden to get balls" haha

I'm not keen on cricket, especially the 4 day thing, but always see how Essex are doing, and I can watch the odd T20 game, as it's not too long. I must say, the Essex bowlers looked terrible last night, apart from Harmer. What should have been an easy win with that record total, came down to the last over because of the Essex bowlers.

I'm not keen on cricket, especially the 4 day thing, but always see how Essex are doing, and I can watch the odd T20 game, as it's not too long. I must say, the Essex bowlers looked terrible last night, apart from Harmer. What should have been an easy win with that record total, came down to the last over because of the Essex bowlers.
It's the same for both teams, really good pitch and short boundaries. Harmer was exceptional but when Rashid Khan is going for over 10 runs an over you know the bowlers are going to struggle! Allison wasn't very good but thought the others did OK in challenging circumstances

Back to fortress Chelmsford today and taking the boy as its fathers day. 5 from 5 at home? I hope so! I know our rivals are supposed to be Surrey and Kent but for me the team I want to beat most is always Somerset

Essex made a decent 188. Siddle had bowled well but went for a expensive 21 last over

Like to give the youngsters a chance but I think it's time we dropped Alisson and let him work on his game in the seconds. We only ever give him 2 overs and even if we don't bring in another bowler we could let Walter have his 2. Walter was warming up bowling before our innings so was half expecting him to have a bowl. Lawrence should be back as well, he was warming up pre game. Nijar has has a poor run lately as well and Lawrence could take his overs. Food for thought, we are in a top 4 position and don't want to lose it. I would really like to see Jamal Richards get a game too, some guys who have played against him in club cricket have really talked him up.

Like to give the youngsters a chance but I think it's time we dropped Alisson and let him work on his game in the seconds. We only ever give him 2 overs and even if we don't bring in another bowler we could let Walter have his 2. Walter was warming up bowling before our innings so was half expecting him to have a bowl. Lawrence should be back as well, he was warming up pre game. Nijar has has a poor run lately as well and Lawrence could take his overs. Food for thought, we are in a top 4 position and don't want to lose it. I would really like to see Jamal Richards get a game too, some guys who have played against him in club cricket have really talked him up.
And there you go, someone else who can see the bowling needs sorting. I know it's short boundaries at Chelmsford, but some of these bowlers are being hammered very easily, and the balls look bad and slow. You even know when it's going to be smashed to the boundary. Nijjar gave 43 from his 2 overs. Allison, 32 from his 2. Critchley, 29 from his 2 this game. I think Allison gave 49 or 50 for his 2 overs against Sussex. That basically means Essex have to score about 200 or more to have a chance of winning.

Back