• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Elvis Bwomono

Murkey_Mouse

FKA Sudbury_Shrimpers
Elvis playing for IBV tonight Vs Fram Reykjavik, he look poor in first half as he was targeted as iBV played him as LB. I am watching it, it’s 2-2 at half time.

Didn't realise this myself, Hermann Hreiðarsson, ex Southend United assistant manager to Sol Campbell, manages IBV, I wonder if that was part of the reason Elvis went over to Iceland. must've kept in contact.

Elvis playing for IBV tonight Vs Fram Reykjavik, he look poor in first half as he was targeted as iBV played him as LB. I am watching it, it’s 2-2 at half time.
How are you watching it?

Just like the days of league 1 when every opposition manager was targeting him as our weakest link.

Even With all his obvious attributes ,Elvis has never had the skill-set and positional intelligence of someone like Demi,to enable him to play well on both sides of the pitch.

Even With all his obvious attributes ,Elvis has never had the skill-set and positional intelligence of someone like Demi,to enable him to play well on both sides of the pitch.
Nonsense.

Elvis broke into the side playing left back for Chris Powell. I’m pretty sure Chris Powell of all people would’ve recognised whether Elvis was capable of playing there or not!

He then played more than adequately at Centre Back under Sol Campbell. Whether you like Sol or not, not many would argue with his assessment of whether a player can play centre back or not!!

Unless of course a contributor to a football forum, and a season ticket holder at a lower league football club is better qualified to assess a players ability to play either of those positions than CP is a left back or SC can a centre back.

Of course we are all entitled to an opinion, that is the nature of football but I’m equally sure that we’d all agree the expertise of these two people in those specific areas carry’s just a little more credibility?

🤔🤔🤐🤣

Nonsense.

Elvis broke into the side playing left back for Chris Powell. I’m pretty sure Chris Powell of all people would’ve recognised whether Elvis was capable of playing there or not!

He then played more than adequately at Centre Back under Sol Campbell. Whether you like Sol or not, not many would argue with his assessment of whether a player can play centre back or not!!

Unless of course a contributor to a football forum, and a season ticket holder at a lower league football club is better qualified to assess a players ability to play either of those positions than CP is a left back or SC can a centre back.

Of course we are all entitled to an opinion, that is the nature of football but I’m equally sure that we’d all agree the expertise of these two people in those specific areas carry’s just a little more credibility?

🤔🤔🤐🤣
It’s totally wrong to try and presume that it’s top players who become managers who are always best at assessing players.
At one end,think Klopp,Wenger and many other moderate players.
At the other,at least 3 of our worst-ever managers were outstanding defenders: Alvin Martin,Bobby Moore,Rob Newman......
In any case, nobody has ever persisted with playing Elvis so obviously out-of-position,no matter how badly they lacked alternatives.

Nonsense.

🤔🤔🤐🤣
Weird post from a guy who thought Iceland and Finland were near each other

Nonsense.

🤔🤔🤐🤣

Most players can fill in many positions on a temp basis and know where to position themsleves. Whether they're good in that position is a totally different thing.

Weird post from a guy who thought Iceland and Finland were near each other
I’m not sure you read or interpreted what I said correctly. Maybe re-read it for your own benefit. I said that the two were comparable in their structure, their culture, their set up, facilities, standard and philosophy in respect of their football. 👍👍

It’s totally wrong to try and presume that it’s top players who become managers who are always best at assessing players.
At one end,think Klopp,Wenger and many other moderate players.
At the other,at least 3 of our worst-ever managers were outstanding defenders: Alvin Martin,Bobby Moore,Rob Newman......
In any case, nobody has ever persisted with playing Elvis so obviously out-of-position,no matter how badly they lacked alternatives.
It’s not totally wrong to presume that at all. I grant you that not all too players make top managers but that’s largely due to their inability to manage people upwards and downwards than it is to do with their football knowledge.

I hate sol Campbell with a passion and I’ve said many times that he will never manage a football club again but that was little to do with his football knowledge and everything to do with his ability to manage people and coach. However if he was asked to identify the finer points of central defending and what makes a good or bad defender his knowledge would be encyclopedic compared with yours or mine. He has the equivalent of a masters degree in a subject and his subject is defending.

Questioning people like Bobby Moore, Sol Campbell, Chris Powell or Alvin Martin’s managerial success on their football knowledge is laughable. They were poor managers because they couldn’t manage. They knew their subject matter inside out.

Elvis was a regular for three seasons in a very poor team as a young g player who received little or no help in front of him or around him. This narrative now about how poor he was l, or useless, or overrated has everything to do with the fact that people are upset with how he managed his career choices rather than what they saw from him most weeks on a football pitch.

Short selective memory syndrome at its finest.

Just remember he was young player of the year and supporters player of the year for what was it two seasons in a row? He was fans player of the month a record no of times in succession…..someone was voting for him it seems.

It’s not totally wrong to presume that at all. I grant you that not all too players make top managers but that’s largely due to their inability to manage people upwards and downwards than it is to do with their football knowledge.

I hate sol Campbell with a passion and I’ve said many times that he will never manage a football club again but that was little to do with his football knowledge and everything to do with his ability to manage people and coach. However if he was asked to identify the finer points of central defending and what makes a good or bad defender his knowledge would be encyclopedic compared with yours or mine. He has the equivalent of a masters degree in a subject and his subject is defending.

Questioning people like Bobby Moore, Sol Campbell, Chris Powell or Alvin Martin’s managerial success on their football knowledge is laughable. They were poor managers because they couldn’t manage. They knew their subject matter inside out.

Elvis was a regular for three seasons in a very poor team as a young g player who received little or no help in front of him or around him. This narrative now about how poor he was l, or useless, or overrated has everything to do with the fact that people are upset with how he managed his career choices rather than what they saw from him most weeks on a football pitch.

Short selective memory syndrome at its finest.

Just remember he was young player of the year and supporters player of the year for what was it two seasons in a row? He was fans player of the month a record no of times in succession…..someone was voting for him it seems.

Not for me.

I didn’t rate him as a player, everyone has opinions on players, that’s the beauty of this game.

I rated Drewe Broughton, so maybe I’m not the best judge of a player, however some slated the likes of Maher, Gower, Gray & Peter Clarke in that era, and I rated all of those.

For what it’s worth, I don’t have a problem with what Elvis did in the end, and I have no problem with how the Club held onto his registration. We’ve gone over all that before, but that has no bearing on my opinions on him as a player.

Not for me.

I didn’t rate him as a player, everyone has opinions on players, that’s the beauty of this game.

I rated Drewe Broughton, so maybe I’m not the best judge of a player, however some slated the likes of Maher, Gower, Gray & Peter Clarke in that era, and I rated all of those.

For what it’s worth, I don’t have a problem with what Elvis did in the end, and I have no problem with how the Club held onto his registration. We’ve gone over all that before, but that has no bearing on my opinions on him as a player.

I liked Droooo as well.

Not for me.

From now on I'll bear that in mind any time you offer an opinion on a player.

😉

In fairness I agree with all the other players you rated.

Back