• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cardwell was a part time player .Like most x part timers it takes a while to get up to speed at full time playing .I am sure with a full pre season behind him we will see a diffent striker .
Husin and Powell were part time players before they joined us but managed to keep fit. I really hope he does have a good pre season and stays fit as I think he’s a decent player and we looked better with him in the team but wasn’t he having an operation at the end of the season so not sure he’ll even be ready for pre season.

Husin and Powell were part time players before they joined us but managed to keep fit. I really hope he does have a good pre season and stays fit as I think he’s a decent player and we looked better with him in the team but wasn’t he having an operation at the end of the season so not sure he’ll even be ready for pre season.
Husin was injured at the back end of the season

Husin was injured at the back end of the season
Before that injury (his only injury) he played 17 games for us from when he signed at the end of January and was a regular starter. Cardwell however had quite a few injuries

Looking at our 3 strikers I feel they all lack raw pace which we could do with. I like cardwell and dalby but their 2 similar interms of their attributes to play as partnership. Ideally I would like us to sign someone in the Dennis mould who offers that pace up top and is able to get 15/20 plus goals.
But half the people on here didn’t fancy Dennis (who immediately got a contract 2 leagues up). We’ve got some decent forwards but we need to know how they all fit together - Dalby, Cardwell, Murphy, Powell. I could be wrong but I can’t see how that lot fit into a three, whereas I could see them in at two if we play with wingers.

But half the people on here didn’t fancy Dennis (who immediately got a contract 2 leagues up). We’ve got some decent forwards but we need to know how they all fit together - Dalby, Cardwell, Murphy, Powell. I could be wrong but I can’t see how that lot fit into a three, whereas I could see them in at two if we play with wingers.
God knows why, I thought he did a great job for us. Scored some vital goals along the way. Admittedly he dropped off towards the end of the season but that's expected when you know your future lies elsewhere.

Personally, I don’t see us deploying a two. I can see us in a 3-4-3 formation, but Kev will have plans b, c, d & e to go with it.

I can see Mooney & Powell/Bridge being deployed either side of a number 9, more than likely Cardwell.

People after a striker with pace who chips in 15/20 goals are dreaming. Everyone wants that, the only way you get that is by throwing money at it, which he don’t have, or you get a slice of luck with a loanee, like we did with Britt, or a rough diamond.

I’d like us to add some pace to our front line, however if we are playing a 3 in some combination which involves Powell, Mooney, Bridge, I think we have enough pace there to not worry about a lack of pace.

Personally, I don’t see us deploying a two. I can see us in a 3-4-3 formation, but Kev will have plans b, c, d & e to go with it.

I can see Mooney & Powell/Bridge being deployed either side of a number 9, more than likely Cardwell.

People after a striker with pace who chips in 15/20 goals are dreaming. Everyone wants that, the only way you get that is by throwing money at it, which he don’t have, or you get a slice of luck with a loanee, like we did with Britt, or a rough diamond.

I’d like us to add some pace to our front line, however if we are playing a 3 in some combination which involves Powell, Mooney, Bridge, I think we have enough pace there to not worry about a lack of pace.
Furthermore, pace is pointless unless you have an end product to go with it. There is no point running in behind or at a fullback if the rest of the team are 20 yards behind.

I'd much rather have players who have quality on the ball that can bring others into play or can whip in a good ball. We know that both Bridge and Mooney can do that. We just need to make sure that we have people to aim at. Number 9's that can head a ball or get across a defender are of paramount importance. As are midfielders who break into the box. Both Cardwell and Husin could be those players. We definitely know that Murphy had great movement so hopefully he has retained that following his injury.

I'm not totally against getting another forward in, but I do feel getting players in other areas are of greater importance.

I like what i saw on the highlights video of that young man at Dulwich Hamlet , strong ,good feet , can play a dead ball , good vision and has a bit of pace also. Would like to think the lads are interested in him, Definitely one for the future .

Just consulted my morning brew tea leaves and they told me to expect at least one new signing announcement today, so keep refreshing, peeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back