• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Cricket 2022

That first over from Nijjar was a disaster. Why on earth did he open the bowling? Why did he get another over later on? And why was he even in the side after a string of poor performances? At least Allison gets wickets, albeit at a high cost and Critchley apart from last night has been ok but how disheartening to see 23 off the first over which put Somerset in the box seat straight away

Essex are massively overperforming in the Blast this season. Criticism feels a bit harsh to me.
I make you right, on paper I don't think we should be top 4 so great achievement to be where we are. I think criticism is still valid though, some players don't have the required quality and it's not like we don't have alternatives. We have done well as certain players have turned up but we also have a couple that have had a run and not delivered, I'm not saying write them off but give someone else a chance. Beard is in the squad for the next 2 games so I'd be disappointed if Allison plays when we have that alternative option.

That first over from Nijjar was a disaster. Why on earth did he open the bowling? Why did he get another over later on? And why was he even in the side after a string of poor performances? At least Allison gets wickets, albeit at a high cost and Critchley apart from last night has been ok but how disheartening to see 23 off the first over which put Somerset in the box seat straight away
I understand the tactic of sneaking an over in from a weaker bowler in 1st thing when batters may be cautious and feeling out the surface etc. Its a common tactic in t20 but it certainly didn't work in this instance. Most Allison's wickets are caught deep, opposition know they can take him on and sometimes get greedy, I don't really like having a bowler like that even if he does pick up the odd wicket. They are both relatively young and can go back to the 2nds and work on their craft. We were winning games so unchanged teams seem par for the course but think both these guys have had a good run and someone else deserves a run out now. Lawrence back for Thursday and Friday but Critchley out injured

Lawrence back is massive but we could also see the return of Snater. I'd also promote Westley in the order

Rossington, Kushi, Lawrence, Pepper, Westley, Sams, Walter, Harmer, Snater, Cook, Porter

Lawrence back is massive but we could also see the return of Snater. I'd also promote Westley in the order

Rossington, Kushi, Lawrence, Pepper, Westley, Sams, Walter, Harmer, Snater, Cook, Porter
We have named the squads for tonight and Friday. No snater and no Porter so that line up isn't happening

Middlesex won toss and elected to bowl

Essex Eagles 161/6 (20 Overs)

What a start by Essex Eagles Middlesex 9/3 after 3 overs

Great win for us this evening.We was going go but left it as trains not running as normal

Back at fortress Chelmsford against Surrey tonight. If it is the same team as last night then we may have a chance, I suspect that they only named their Thursday squad and held back on tonight because Roy, Curran and Topley will be returning? They have already qualified though so England may make them rest them?

Back