• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh but we knew the reason why that never happened, its been confirmed that we arent under embargo etc so seems odd if signed why theyve not been announced etc
Has it? Can you link to it?

I don’t think we are under an embargo fwiw but carefully worded denials about the subject make me nervous.

I don’t think we are under an embargo fwiw but carefully worded denials about the subject make me nervous.
We aren't under an embargo, we're under restrictive measures relating to the acquisition of players... that would be a proper Ron Martin answer

Yep, happened before and could well happen again unfortunately, wouldn't rule anything out in the Southend United book of tricks.

I don't know about waiting for new signings to be announced but this thread is pretty entertaining. Just think, a whole weekend of speculation about embargoes and people hitting on Boy Wonder for scraps of juicy information.
To be fair, I don't know why any ITK'ers don't just say the reason, rather than tease or hint at something.
could be wrong but thought Boy Wonder confirmed it
Boy Wonder wouldn't count as an official source for that.

If there is a problem with one of the signings then delay the announcement for that player only. We know Lomas has left Brackley, as his former club made that announcement themselves. If Lomas is one then the club should bloody well announce it, at least that will put embargo and all kinds of potential rumor's to bed. Stan regularly views this forum as well as other possible employees so can see all the frustrations fans are going through and coming up with all kind of theories. Once the other signed players issues have been sorted then announce later

I’m certainly not official.

My thought behind it might be putting 2 & 2 together and coming up with 6.

I always appreciate your ITK posts BW2, but may I ask if your thoughts for the delay are not via any official channels then can you state what you are thinking? This site is about opinions so let us know your opinion on the delay. This is meant politely of course and you don’t have to divulge.

could be wrong but thought Boy Wonder confirmed it

Post #2549
Thanks. As Boy Wonder himself said he’s not official.

I think there could be many reasons for a delay in announcing. It could be signings haven’t received NL clearance yet because the NL doesn’t see the rush as they haven’t even released fixtures yet. It could be players from lower down having to quit their jobs and serve notice etc. It could be that the club are trying to line it up with a sponsorship opportunity and wanting to maximise clicks for the sponsor (particularly if we’re paid on a per click basis) or a home friendly to try and boost ticket sales. It could be to tie in with a kit launch or a new stadium or season card promotion.

At least some of the reasons could be positive as a sign we’re doing things the right way. For now Tom, Stan, Kev etc have earned the benefit of the doubt in a way Ron hadn’t.

If they have been signed, sealed and delivered then it’s just agonising over timing of a press announcement. Enjoy your weekend everyone.

It's like sitting on death row waiting for your electrocution date .. bloody get on with it SUFC!! #shambolic
It's only shambolic if they don't have a good reason for not announcing. I'm taking a wild punt here, but what if they wanted to rectify staffing pay issues before hand? I would add I don't have any insider info, but I for one, wouldn't be overly impressed if staff were still unpaid and we announced new bums on the bench. No doubt all will come out sooner or later.

Anyone else got to the point when you wished we could swear on here???

After 2 days of expectation, the swear box would have enough money to build the new stadium, 1st class training ground, pay off Ron Martin and look at Premier league players to put on the pitch!

#### ######## #####

portrait-young-man-screaming-260nw-157245083.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back