• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was mentioned on here more than a month ago. Think @henry18 was the first.

Made both the NL Bible and Off the Line blog NL South teams of the season.

Seems a bit of a character and an ascending player.

This is exactly the sort of profile of player I’ve been calling for us to target for years. Both him and Lomas were playing only a division lower than us (and seemingly smashing it) so the step up shouldn’t be too much and they’ve got their best years ahead of them.

Not sure I am excited by a recommendation from Sam Mantom.
He wasn’t a recommendation from Sam Mantom. He was someone scouted by the management team who then spoke to several people, including Mantom, as part of their background checks.

What I will say, is the guy is very promising, has been scouted intensely by more than one of our management team, his background has been checked into, and we’ve spoken to people who know him, and played alongside him, like a certain ex-Shrimper. He has passed all those checks, so that’s enough to get me excited about him as a player.

Maybe its time to be honest with the faithfull fans .Eithr signings are coming .Or they are not due to yet another embargo .Im not knocking any members of the backroom staff or Stan before people climb on there high horse .All i want as many fans do .So please dont start having a go at me .

I would like to see a couple of experienced heads in the team now..1 at centre back and 1 in midfield…at the moment we have a crop of promising youngsters from the leagues below
Harry Taylor is an experienced player. 187 appearances for Barnet.

Cav Miley also has 187 appearances for Eastleigh.

Nathan Ralph, Steve Arnold, Rhys Murphy, Jason Demetriou each have over 200 appearances for various clubs, including some at higher levels.

I would like to see a couple of experienced heads in the team now..1 at centre back and 1 in midfield…at the moment we have a crop of promising youngsters from the leagues below
3 very experienced hands, one at the back, one in the middle and one upfront, in Arnold, Demi and Murphy, which is close to what a lot of sides run with and helps lift the age profile

However you may be right that a couple more good, wiser heads adds to the experience level, , if our current crop fall by the wayside, especially through injury periods

Maybe its time to be honest with the faithfull fans .Eithr signings are coming .Or they are not due to yet another embargo .Im not knocking any members of the backroom staff or Stan before people climb on there high horse .All i want as many fans do .So please dont start having a go at me .
Boring

Mods, perhaps a new thread could be set up called embargo and those that want to seek personal gratification talking about it could hang around there as it would make it a lot quicker for those of us wanting to catch up at the end of a busy day on chat about potential new signings?

Mods, perhaps a new thread could be set up called embargo and those that want to seek personal gratification talking about it could hang around there as it would make it a lot quicker for those of us wanting to catch up at the end of a busy day on chat about potential new signings?
Can’t we just add Um Bongo to the list on page 1…it’s talked about enough ! 😂

Harry Taylor is an experienced player. 187 appearances for Barnet.

Cav Miley also has 187 appearances for Eastleigh.

Nathan Ralph, Steve Arnold, Rhys Murphy, Jason Demetriou each have over 200 appearances for various clubs, including some at higher levels.
Arnold aside the others are injury prone and/or likely not to be 1st choice …just think we could do with 1 or 2 to bolster the team

Rooney is leaving Derby to lead our frontline in our quest to win the league. Heard Ron has offered him an Mbappe type deal

He wasn't, I just checked.

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen him play. They seem to have scouted him for a while.

I was excited about Wynter possibly coming, as were a few on here. I hope he is a better signing than Wynter and we don't live to regret not getting him.

On the flip side, I'm excited at seeing players we've not seen and are on the way up in their careers who are chomping at the bit.
I trust the management team and I'm looking forward to next season with young players who want to prove how good they are. Looking at the recent video of Gus, he looks a good lad to have in the dressing room to get the team spirit going and I think we have 5 good new Shrimpers here. Can't wait for the fixture announcement to start planning trips.

I get where you are coming from but I think there is every right to be concerned especially with the almost deafening silence from official quarters. Plenty of time for the new season? Not from where I’m sitting.

I get where you are coming from but I think there is every right to be concerned especially with the almost deafening silence from official quarters. Plenty of time for the new season? Not from where I’m sitting.
That’s fine if you want to worry but start a new chat about it rather than clogging up this one. This one is for speculation on transfer targets and suggestion seems to be from people in the know that we are about to announce signings 3-5. Some people seem to expect the club to announce every week a confirmation that we aren’t in embargo.

Really, where would you like to draw the line on clogging up the thread ? At us doom and gloom merchants worrying about the lack of signings or shall we include some of the speculations that are so wide of the mark?

Point taken through after ‘clogging up this thread’ with a needless waste of bandwidth I’ll leave my frustrations on embargo and other threads. Please don’t post any transfer speculations on there though. We don’t want them clogged up.

That’s fine if you want to worry but start a new chat about it rather than clogging up this one. This one is for speculation on transfer targets and suggestion seems to be from people in the know that we are about to announce signings 3-5. Some people seem to expect the club to announce every week a confirmation that we aren’t in embargo.
Anyone that tells someone else not to post because they don’t like their slant or opinion always comes across to me as a right ****

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back