• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roots Hall Paintings

chirpy

creative observer
I’ve painted a picture of the West Stand entrance, been using it for 44 years! For anyone who uses instagram it can be seen at keithbird.art. If you like it like it. I might do some more paintings of our wonderful Roots Hall before it disappears! Cheers. UTB’s

F2DCF704-C3E5-4E68-A53C-34C619E0397F.jpeg

That's very good, Chirpy. I imagine if and when the new stadium gets going you may have requests come flying in. As that painting will capture the memories perfectly, many if not all us can relate to walking down Shakespeare on those Tuesday nights and Saturday afternoons.

Ahhh man I am already excited to get back. Roll on the new season

I’ve painted a picture of the West Stand entrance, been using it for 44 years! For anyone who uses instagram it can be seen at keithbird.art. If you like it like it. I might do some more paintings of our wonderful Roots Hall before it disappears! Cheers. UTB’sView attachment 20801
My server can’t find it !😕😕😕😕

Great stuff, thank you all for your comments, I've had a few instagram requests regarding availability of limited edition prints so this is something I will probably look into. Will see whether I get continued interest but I'm thinking of painting the North bank entrance next (so many great memories of that stand when it was the home end) Please give it a like on instagram, I want to show the artworld the passion of the shrimpers!!

Cheers, this Cricko character sounds like someone who would need to feature in the next potential Roots Hall painting!!

Cheers, this Cricko character sounds like someone who would need to feature in the next potential Roots Hall painting!!
Make sure you tell him if he’s going to sit for you he needs to keep his clothes on!

ps Your painting is very evocative. Look forward to seeing more scenes of Roots Hall.

Haha.. oh no, I've now got an image in my head, the Roots Hall streaker with a walking stick!!

Ps cheers, evocative is a great word, much appreciated.

Back