• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Glory-hunters....What are your feelings about them?

BALDY

Striker
When a club gets low/high gates and all a sudden they shoot up, people of course have different opinions about it.
Some regulars wish of course that the "once a yearlys" would go away... others may want them to come week in week out.

It is very easy to condemn them but look at the money they spend.
Other people may feel very differently.

Over to you...........

I value supporter loyalty personally.

I've hardly missed any Southend home games over the years and as a result I know the regulars, and those who don't come often or only watch when we're good.

I'd rather these people come every week, not only would they be investing in the club but then backing the team through the ups and downs.

Some get to their seats after kick-off and block your view, some don't even know how to escape the stand once they find their way in, pushing through your row just to find they can't get out through a door that says 'FIRE EXIT'

My question to those people is where were you when we got battered 4-0 at home by Chesterfield? Or where were you when we went 1-0 down to Chertsey Town ffs šŸ¤£

To add to the above, someone I know who was a SUFC ST holder in League 1 now goes to watch West Ham as a STH šŸ¤®

Last edited:
No problem with them, but please observe some etiquette and arrive at your seat in sensible time and don't be up and down, in and out throughout the game!
Very valid points....Drinking too much hence some getting up and down too much.

To add to the above, someone I know who was a SUFC ST holder in League 1 now goes to watch West Ham as a STH šŸ¤®
Well I supported Dagenham F C and as soon as they merged with Redbridge Forest I couldn't be seen for dust!

I was a West Ham STH / Regular for nearly 40 years. Family moved down river. I hate the new West Ham stadium, but my boy is a massive SUFC fan. Ergo we are now SUFC season ticket holders and regularly go away games. It was that last home game narrowly surviving (vs Sunderland) that got me hooked.

I was a West Ham STH / Regular for nearly 40 years. Family moved down river. I hate the new West Ham stadium, but my boy is a massive SUFC fan. Ergo we are now SUFC season ticket holders and regularly go away games. It was that last home game narrowly surviving (vs Sunderland) that got me hooked.
There will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

I don't have too much of a problem with fair-weather supporters. It's natural that some fans will be more inclined to go when we are doing well. For some people Southend United is simply not as big a priority in their lives as it is to others, but they enjoy the odd game. That's absolutely fine. I know plenty of people who dip in for a couple of games a season.

The people I have a problem with are those who are from Southend/South East Essex but glory hunt after Spurs, west ham (yeah I know, can't even glory hunt properly), or Chelsea etc, never go to Roots Hall and wouldn't **** on their local club if it was on fire.

Back