• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is why should they have to release a statement regarding some signings we are not meant to know about. What are they going to say, “Dear SZ, mind your own business and we’ll announce signings when we are ready”.
Have the 3 players we don't know about had their medicals? Is there anyone left in the medical department who is able to do the medicals?

Another Sheffield United youngster called Boyes who was on loan at Solihull has gone to league one side Forest Green on loan. Saying they wanted him to get football league experience.

Makes our chance of loaning the other two less likely now I think

Interesting that Sheffield United have loaned out Harry Boyes who was at Solihull last season to Forest Green for a season long loan.

Same old story again, I am sure Tom has done his best but hood winked by Ron's assurances, like so many before him. No doubt the staff will be paid and the new signings announced in due course but nothing really changes, nor does it make it right.
Yeah it's killed a lot of enthusiasm I had about the coming season, I'm now expecting a mid-table slog again which will no doubt see the fans turning against the management and a depressingly familiar outcome. We shouldn't be surprised. With Ron at the helm, we will always be swimming against the tide.

My point is why should they have to release a statement regarding some signings we are not meant to know about. What are they going to say, “Dear SZ, mind your own business and we’ll announce signings when we are ready”.
The statement doesn't have to be because of leaked information on here though does it. I think you're being flippant for the sake of it there. The statement could be a general statement about all/any potential signings. I'm sure if everyone knew for sure that nothing will happen until after a selected date because the club want to respect the players current club/contract, it would stop the majority of the rumours on here kicking off. If they said for arguments sake that nothing will happen until after the 1st, that would at the very least stop people coming onto this thread saying, "why not today, another day gone, when will we hear anything, it's because there is an embargo" etc.

I'd imagine you've come onto this thread to read transfer news. Instead you're reading posts about potential embargoes and non payment of wages. I don't know about you, but after all the negativity in the last 3 and a half years, I can't be doing with any more when it's not necessary.

Just trying to say that there maybe something the club could do to help with those rumblings. I maybe wrong of course. Just an opinion 🙂

Last edited:
The club

We need you to pay cash and not card. Limiting the season cards sold and pre season cash flow.

The fans

Why are there no signings

Also the fans

I'm not renewing until I see some decent transfers and or the club takes my credit card.

The club

Please pay cash........... And so on and so on.

Another Sheffield United youngster called Boyes who was on loan at Solihull has gone to league one side Forest Green on loan. Saying they wanted him to get football league experience.

Makes our chance of loaning the other two less likely now I think
Sheffield United's loan strategy seems to suggest a progression from Boyes to Men's football. With that in mind, I'd say we've come to the End of the Road with Lopata.

I keep seeing posts here stating we should mind our own business, be patient etc.
There are many reasons the fans are nervous when things like this happen. We all know those reasons.
The fans (every one of us) are the heartbeat of this club.
I understand the club will not answer and comment on every subject that ever happens, but they will know some of us are concerned, as we know they look at these forums.

Believe me when I say, I am one of the most positive fans you could meet but the delays don’t look to be for a good reason.

In conclusion, there isn’t a great deal the club can comment with, and that’s what’s causing some concern.

Don’t get it though why should it been done fri now all the itk gone quiet. It’s worrying surely even if the club said something

Reactions: JAL
Back onto the topic of transfers….

We are in talks with a striker, on a permanent deal, who would be an excellent acquisition.

Also, a few midfielders too.

We are sorted with the goalkeeping department, doubt we will see anything there. Maybe a loan if we got a serious injury to Arnold.

Defensively, assuming Clifford signs his deal, and with the three new defenders coming in, I think we are set. However, if we can bring Lopata or Gubbins back, that could be looked at.

Yeah it's killed a lot of enthusiasm I had about the coming season, I'm now expecting a mid-table slog again which will no doubt see the fans turning against the management and a depressingly familiar outcome. We shouldn't be surprised. With Ron at the helm, we will always be swimming against the tide.
I wouldn’t be so sure about the fans turning against the management team. It will depend on the circumstances which the management may have to deal with. Let's say players are not getting paid on time and there is another embargo, Fans will more likely turn on Ron than the management team. Let's not forget why sufc are in the National league.

People seem very upset that we haven't "announced anyone" don't they. I'm old enough to remember when we never signed anyone before July. We already have two through the door, always remember the better players tend to take longer especially if they are out of contract as they play clubs against each other for the best deal.

I don't know how people have time to constantly refresh Twitter/Sz and get themselves so wound up.

I think some of the problem lays with the fact that the supposed ITK posters have been making statements along the lines of "certain signings will be made by x date" and that hasnt happened so its aroused suspicion amongst some.

We are in talks with a striker, on a permanent deal, who would be an excellent acquisition.

We are sorted with the goalkeeping department, doubt we will see anything there. Maybe a loan if we got a serious injury to Arnold.

Defensively, assuming Clifford signs his deal, and with the three new defenders coming in, I think we are set. However, if we can bring Lopata or Gubbins back, that could be looked at.

Thanks for that.

I think it's good as a non league club we can make signing outside the transfer window

The last paragraph, oh I wish, particularly Lopata. No offence Gubbins

The club

We need you to pay cash and not card. Limiting the season cards sold and pre season cash flow.

The fans

Why are there no signings

Also the fans

I'm not renewing until I see some decent transfers and or the club takes my credit card.

The club

Please pay cash........... And so on and so on.
Almost everyone I've spoken to said they'd paid in cash so what are you basing that on?

The gates were fantastic last season considering the level we are at and recent seasons. Let's be serious the supporters are the last people to blame!

Almost everyone I've spoken to said they'd paid in cash so what are you basing that on?

The gates were fantastic last season considering the level we are at and recent seasons. Let's be serious the supporters are the last people to blame!
Not almost, EVERYONE has paid in cash because they refuse to let us pay by card, in which they're probably losing quite a bit of money from in the process too, because people are reluctant to spend that much money in case of something happening, and even some can't all at once due to the current climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back