• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Stadium update

The first stages of the build are the new training facilities, and then clearing the old B & L site so changes to the actual stadium have a long delay time for the plans to be amended?
Correct. And the amendments for the stadium should be able to be dealt with under delegated powers so doubt they will cause any meaningful delay.

Had this weird dream of a souped up buggy arriving in the field and her Madge stepping out with a fork in hand sitting next to the golden haired quaffed one, who has a giant gong strewn around his neck saying OBE and OB1 Kino-be and a tag around the ankle, whilst CP arrives in running gear clutching a polaroid
'tag around the ankle' did make me laugh..

Someone mentioned a start date of 4th July, any eyes on movement at Fossetts? 😂
None yet.

However, I have been told that Ford will now be building my new car that I've been waiting for since April 2021 on July 22nd...
Now Ford have had to overcome chip shortages, a model change and the factory in the Ukraine being bombed so they've built a new factory.
Will Ron beat them and get a digger on site before then?

None yet.

However, I have been told that Ford will now be building my new car that I've been waiting for since April 2021 on July 22nd...
Now Ford have had to overcome chip shortages, a model change and the factory in the Ukraine being bombed so they've built a new factory.
Will Ron beat them and get a digger on site before then?
You are just as loyal to that car as Ron is with Fossetts, we will see! I want monthly updates! (More than we get for FF 😂)

The thing I find most disappointing about the Fossetts stadium scheme is the way that Ron has always acted alone when presenting each new iteration of his plan . He has never bothered to take account of the views of club business sponsors which look at this project from a completely different standpoint . We consider the provision of new sporting facilities for the residents of the proposed 2,000 new homes at Fossetts to be very important .We want the Blues to be seen as a club which is at the centre of local community life . If the total stadium budget was say £35m we would certainly not want to spend all of this money on building a very large arena . We would allocate £25m for a smaller stadium and then set up a partnership between ourselves and the Southend United Community and Educational Trust and spend £10m on a sports hall , gym , hydrotherapy pool , dance studio , Sammy Shrimp play centre and cafe . Outdoors there would be 2 full sized 3g football pitches and a MUGA for the kids to play on . All the sponsors are very proud of SUCET and we see it as a growth area for sponsorship in the next few years. We are inspired by the great work being undertaken by Pompey in the Community and Everton in the Community and would like SUCET to follow their example .

He already knows the answer
No he doesn’t, or he wouldn’t have asked.

We can all guess at the default ‘no’ but there was reasonably reliable talk of action starting this week.

For those of us who don’t live in Southend it’s reasonable to ask whether this has happened as we can’t see for ourselves.

Back