• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jake Hyde Joins on Season Long Loan

When will Jake be fit again?

• Total voters
So we've lost Dalbs, but we've received hopefully a sizeable cash fee for him, which will help with our cashflow issues.

Got Hyde on loan for a season, at I presume a significantly reduced cost in wages to us. Not to mention it's Wrexham's problem if he pulls up injured at any point.

Smells like decent business to me.

Timing is ****, but that's football.

I have a couple of concerns. Firstly, I’m guessing he won’t be allowed to play against Wrexham? If not, that’s two games he’ll definitely miss. Secondly, it sounds as if he is quite injury prone, so hopefully he’ll stay for long enough to make a contribution.

From what I’ve read about him though, he sounds like a proper number 9.. no doubt if he stays fit he’ll score goals (sounds like a very similar player to Murphy) but I’d be interested to know if there is a recall clause as what’s to say he won’t start the season and score a bag full of goals only for Wrexham to say “you know what, you can come back and score those goals for us”.

That Wrexham fan has a great future ahead of them working for The Sun.
Picked a needle out of a haystack their, completely disregarded all of the other comments 🤣

So we've lost Dalbs, but we've received hopefully a sizeable cash fee for him, which will help with our cashflow issues.

Got Hyde on loan for a season, at I presume a significantly reduced cost in wages to us. Not to mention it's Wrexham's problem if he pulls up injured at any point.

Smells like decent business to me.

Timing is ****, but that's football.
We don't know that though, do we?

In regards to the Hyde loan deal, surely their is no recall clause to prevent a situation what happened to Lopata last season. I would of thought we would have learnt our lesson from last season.

It is really a past injury issue last season. But he was back end of last year and has had a full pre-season. All footballers get injured..

The fitness concern seems to be he’s only once played 40 games in a season - and that was a decade ago.

He did manage 39 in 2014-15 but in the subsequent 7 seasons the most he seems to have managed is 32 (not sure how reliable they are as he’s dropped below this level several times). Not sure if that’s injuries/suspensions/form but as everyone seems to insist he’s a proven scorer it’s unlikely to be out of choice. At 32 his physical powers are waning rather than improving as well and he’s likely to take longer to recover from injuries.

Most are considering promotion via the play-offs the target which would likely mean 49 games (not including cup games). The odds are he’d miss at least a third of the season or alternatively be worn down by the time we’d be getting to the business end of the season and needing him most.

That would seem to me to be the profile of someone better suited to add depth rather than be a building block. Now there can still be value in that but it’s not likely to be the same value as a 22 year old who top-scored and played 43 out of 44 league games last year.

I am concerned that it is a loan! Happy about the player and the signing. Is there a recall and can he play against Wrexham? Because if there is a recall and he can’t play against them they’ve had our pants down!
I agree with you about the recall bit….that would be a bit of bad negotiating on our part if that comes to fruition. But playing against Wrexham? Come on Ricey, that would be crazy. Think of it from Hyde’s perspective. If he plays well and scores, how popular would he back at Wrexham next season, especially if we have beaten Wrexham and kept them down. They would never forgive him. Similarly if he plays rubbish in the games against Wrexham, we would naturally accuse him of not trying etc etc. In those circumstances he can’t win and so he won’t play.
But on the recall issue, we must stand firm. A one season loan must mean a one season loan.

I agree with you about the recall bit….that would be a bit of bad negotiating on our part if that comes to fruition. But playing against Wrexham? Come on Ricey, that would be crazy. Think of it from Hyde’s perspective. If he plays well and scores, how popular would he back at Wrexham next season, especially if we have beaten Wrexham and kept them down. They would never forgive him. Similarly if he plays rubbish in the games against Wrexham, we would naturally accuse him of not trying etc etc. In those circumstances he can’t win and so he won’t play.
But on the recall issue, we must stand firm. A one season loan must mean a one season loan.
Someone has said he is out of contract at the end of this season.

We really have got no intention of getting out of this League have we? Loan cripples, cheap cripples, never got a proper fit side. Starting the season like this with the contacts book collecting dust in a low League like this is unforgiveable. Watching the results come in from the Leagues above on Saturday just gone makes you wanna cry. Col u....Borient, Barrow, Wimbledon etc...and we give away young talent and bring in old cast offs...... yet another season of mediocrity!
Wow........ I've got bloody Covid at the moment and thought I was all "doom and gloom" but reading your negative post I've suddenly realised things really aren't that bad in fact I'm feeling quite excited for the new season. Come on cheer up Wiggy things could be a lot worse........

Does seem a good piece of business. Yes timing could be better, but assuming he is match fit then he will start on Saturday. With both Cardwell and Murphy not ready for a while, helps us out big time. I was a little bit apprehensive, but a loan is perfect, especially for the season.

That’s one way of settling it. We pick up the wages we’re prepared to pay and Wrexham pick up the tab for the rest. I like it a lot. Especially as it limits the risk to us in terms of if he gets a long term injury etc.

Welcome Jake, go smash it 👊🏻
Indeed. The only issue is they have the right to recall him. Imagine a scenario near the end of the season when we're vying with them for a playoff/promotion place and they recall him so he can't play for us.

Back