• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jake Hyde Joins on Season Long Loan

When will Jake be fit again?

• Total voters
One of the Wrexham posters claims Hyde cannot play against them this season.
I'm not too fussed if that's the case. Pretty standard.

It's the recall clause which is more important. But doubt we'll find out the finer details. I'm hoping there isn't one. Then again if he fails to score in his first 10 games, they can have him back :Hilarious:

We really have got no intention of getting out of this League have we? Loan cripples, cheap cripples, never got a proper fit side. Starting the season like this with the contacts book collecting dust in a low League like this is unforgiveable. Watching the results come in from the Leagues above on Saturday just gone makes you wanna cry. Col u....Borient, Barrow, Wimbledon etc...and we give away young talent and bring in old cast offs...... yet another season of mediocrity!
We haven't even started our league campaign and already you have written us off. Bet you're fun at Christmas and parties.

So any cash that we get for Dalby can be reinvested elsewhere which sounds good. Not against the loan deal at all given his age and assume that his Wrexham contract expires the same time as the loan deal so he will be a free agent..........................

The fitness concern seems to be he’s only once played 40 games in a season - and that was a decade ago.

He did manage 39 in 2014-15 but in the subsequent 7 seasons the most he seems to have managed is 32 (not sure how reliable they are as he’s dropped below this level several times). Not sure if that’s injuries/suspensions/form but as everyone seems to insist he’s a proven scorer it’s unlikely to be out of choice. At 32 his physical powers are waning rather than improving as well and he’s likely to take longer to recover from injuries.

Most are considering promotion via the play-offs the target which would likely mean 49 games (not including cup games). The odds are he’d miss at least a third of the season or alternatively be worn down by the time we’d be getting to the business end of the season and needing him most.

That would seem to me to be the profile of someone better suited to add depth rather than be a building block. Now there can still be value in that but it’s not likely to be the same value as a 22 year old who top-scored and played 43 out of 44 league games last year.
On the other hand good enough to be a prime target for Wrexham last year (and they could afford any number of alternatives- when he got injured they spent £300k on Ollie Palmer didn't they?). If he plays 30 games and we have Murphy and Cardwell to rotate, not to mention Wreh, that's likely good enough.

We really have got no intention of getting out of this League have we? Loan cripples, cheap cripples, never got a proper fit side. Starting the season like this with the contacts book collecting dust in a low League like this is unforgiveable. Watching the results come in from the Leagues above on Saturday just gone makes you wanna cry. Col u....Borient, Barrow, Wimbledon etc...and we give away young talent and bring in old cast offs...... yet another season of mediocrity!
Every player we get you moan,this is a good deal all round.Good move for Dalby and a good deal for us,we have a good player who I believe we will only be paying half is wage.Instead of moaning give us some players you would sign,we sign loans last year you said they where poor, now this,you cannot get efl players to come to this league unless you have big bag of cash as Wrexham do,But unfortunately we don't.

Indeed. The only issue is they have the right to recall him. Imagine a scenario near the end of the season when we're vying with them for a playoff/promotion place and they recall him so he can't play for us.
That would be a tough one. If they do have the right to recall, I’d hope it works both ways and we have the right to terminate. That way if he does get a longer term injury, we can send him back and stop any contribution to his wages.

Jake does look like the type of unit that’s been missing from our forward line for many a year.
My only concern is our defence, a decent CH that commands the back line is now needed.

Is there a breakdown of what he said? Can't justify another subscription!
The usual.

Delighted to be here.

Almost joined before Wrexham.

Can't wait to get started.

Here to score goals, put himself about a bit and being there in the box.

Loves the ethos of the coaches.

Loves the fanbase.

Had a shorter pre-season at Wrexham, but feeling sharp and fit.

I did not see much inter play between Powell and Dalby, despite both working hard and 100% effort the understanding and link ups just didn't happen.
I hope Hyde and Powell dovetail much better, and in truth it would be hard to be less effective as a pairing.

Back